Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2013, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
- careful with TK... ICN is not a major route, so you won't get lie-flat on either TK *or* OZ. TK flies their older recliner 343s there.
TK8091 is a333 departs 9:35 arrives 14:40.
OZ6931 is a343 departs 23:55 arrives 05:00+1

youtube video on TK airbus 333.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7LB40EcUkM
Old Nov 18, 2013, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by quickcanuck
MPM5 is 8539
Man, this is hard. Sorry for all the questions, but one more. I might change my stop in AMS to just a layover and add a stop in BKK. Could someone please tell me the MPM for YYC-BKK, both over Pacific and Atlantic.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 11:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Originally Posted by d00little
Man, this is hard. Sorry for all the questions, but one more. I might change my stop in AMS to just a layover and add a stop in BKK. Could someone please tell me the MPM for YYC-BKK, both over Pacific and Atlantic.
Did you use up your free trial of EF already?

YYC-BKK MPM +5

AT 13558, PA 9779
Old Nov 19, 2013, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by mountaingrl
Did you use up your free trial of EF already?

YYC-BKK MPM +5

AT 13558, PA 9779
Isn't it possible to make a sticky with all those MPM5s?

That way, people without the tools to check by themselves (me included!) could go through the list at their convenience before having to post asking for them.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 8:04 am

Programs: AC *P
Originally Posted by crimsona
YYZ-SYD is perhaps the largest MPM value I've seen. You can do crazy things like:

YYZ-WAW-IST-BEY-CAI-ADD-JNB-PER-AKL-SYD and still fit under mpm5

Only works for YYZ though...
Originally Posted by tng11
As I've said before - you can do some absolutely nutty itineraries! Examples of crazy ones I've come up with:

SYD-SIN-DEL-MUC-DXB-FRA-YYZ
SYD-AKL-NRT-SIN-DEL-MUC-YUL-YYZ
SYD-SIN-CPH-DME-ZRH-CAI-YYZ

I'm tempted to see if they would actually let me route MUC-DXB-FRA. I thought they were crazy to let me do MUC-DME-FRA, but no problems!
Hi, sorry to resurrect a couple of old posts - AP tells me I must route through FRA which seems to be incorrect.

Is there a hint you may pass on to me where I can just tell the AP agent to look? "MPM5" does not make sense to her...

Thanks a lot.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 8:21 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by mudd_stuffin
Hi, sorry to resurrect a couple of old posts - AP tells me I must route through FRA which seems to be incorrect.

Is there a hint you may pass on to me where I can just tell the AP agent to look? "MPM5" does not make sense to her...

Thanks a lot.
First of all, try another agent. Aeroplan is not as wildly inconsistent as US Dividend Miles, but there is some variation with agents. As I earlier posted, I had one agent try to "blackmail" me into routing on AC + LH on the outbound to be "allowed" a return that was bordering on MPM5. You need to try again, and supervisors don't always help 'cause they are often just as clueless.

You need to ask them to check the maximum permitted mileage (they do not understand MPM, or MPM5), and maybe (now, this is conjecture on my part based on previous calls I had) they need not to calculate it using a specific airline, but *just* MPM (because I believe they can display MPM as published by an airline, which, I suspect, uses a published routing - OR they can just show it as a "global" one of sorts, which should return the 21,000 mile figure you are looking for).
Old Nov 19, 2013, 8:26 am

Programs: AC *P
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
First of all, try another agent. Aeroplan is not as wildly inconsistent as US Dividend Miles, but there is some variation with agents. As I earlier posted, I had one agent try to "blackmail" me into routing on AC + LH on the outbound to be "allowed" a return that was bordering on MPM5. You need to try again, and supervisors don't always help 'cause they are often just as clueless.

You need to ask them to check the maximum permitted mileage (they do not understand MPM, or MPM5), and maybe (now, this is conjecture on my part based on previous calls I had) they need not to calculate it using a specific airline, but *just* MPM (because I believe they can display MPM as published by an airline, which, I suspect, uses a published routing - OR they can just show it as a "global" one of sorts, which should return the 21,000 mile figure you are looking for).
Thank you - I am onto my 5th agent! Maybe I am getting somewhere. She just punched in something which seems to work which is not through FRA.

You are right - the supervisor I talked to was just as clueless last night. Not only was the routing through FRA (or LHR) pretty much blackmail, the FRA-SIN shows no availability in J or F for a good part of 2014.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 8:29 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Thank you - I am onto my 5th agent! Maybe I am getting somewhere. She just punched in something which seems to work which is not through FRA.

You are right - the supervisor I talked to was just as clueless last night. Not only was the routing through FRA (or LHR) pretty much blackmail, the FRA-SIN shows no availability in J or F for a good part of 2014.
Yup, FRA-SIN will almost never show availability, since you have SQ, which NEVER releases space, and LH, which releases F space 2 weeks prior if you're lucky, and will probably not release J space on such a profitable route.

I'd be curious to know what the agent punched in. I wish we could shed some light on this ridiculous voodoo.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:23 am

Thanks a lot.
Hang up and call again until you get a co-operative agent.

Basically, anything goes as long as it's MPM5 in my experience. I've had agents complain about my "backtracking" itineraries, but it seems that as long as it's under MPM, it will fly with an agent eventually.

If you want to go Europe-SIN, try looking for CPH/IST-SIN on SQ. No YQ and they are now updated with the lie-flat J product.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 9:54 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
I don't know the first thing about booking a RTW AE itinerary, but I hope to do the following routing in early 2015:

YYC-EWR (or LGA)
LGA-GIG *stop*
GRU-EZE *stop*
EZE-CPT *stop*
CPT-DXB *stop*
DXB-NRT *stop*
NRT-YYC

Is this doable? Also, is there a way to spend some time (just one night) in NYC? I think I am allowed 5 stops, right? Any particular routes or airlines you would recommend to make this a reality?

I am actually tempted to book this all in Y (I know, crazy), so I'm curious too how many points this would require in Y vs. J?

Thanks!
Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by capebretonboy
I don't know the first thing about booking a RTW AE itinerary, but I hope to do the following routing in early 2015:

YYC-EWR (or LGA)
LGA-GIG *stop*
GRU-EZE *stop*
EZE-CPT *stop*
CPT-DXB *stop*
DXB-NRT *stop*
NRT-YYC

Is this doable? Also, is there a way to spend some time (just one night) in NYC? I think I am allowed 5 stops, right? Any particular routes or airlines you would recommend to make this a reality?

I am actually tempted to book this all in Y (I know, crazy), so I'm curious too how many points this would require in Y vs. J?

Thanks!
Read a bit the posts in this thread and the newbie thread, log on the Aeroplan and read it too.

Allowed 3 stops, overnight as much as your like for less than 24 hrs.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:26 pm

He's asking about full round the worlds
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:35 pm

Stand corrected on stops but reading a bit would be OK since this thread is Mini RTW ??s.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 11:29 am

Has anyone flown over the Pacific twice with a mini-RTW to Europe and Asia? Is that even possible? I'm looking at something like the following (All in J):

YEG-SFO (UA)
SFO-ICN (OZ) transpacific
stop
ICN-TPE (BR)
TPE-LHR (BR)
stop
LHR-CPH (SK)
CPH-SIN (SQ)
SIN-HKG (SQ)
stop
HKG-TPE (BR)
TPE-SFO (BR) transpacific
SFO-YEG (UA)

I tried calling aeroplan to book it and was told I was over MPM. I realize that I could just keep trying until I get a more lenient agent, but is it really that ridiculous? Should I try to route over the Atlantic? Or just keep calling AP?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by weebz
Has anyone flown over the Pacific twice with a mini-RTW to Europe and Asia? Is that even possible? I'm looking at something like the following (All in J):

YEG-SFO (UA)
SFO-ICN (OZ) transpacific
stop
ICN-TPE (BR)
TPE-LHR (BR)
stop
LHR-CPH (SK)
CPH-SIN (SQ)
SIN-HKG (SQ)
stop
HKG-TPE (BR)
TPE-SFO (BR) transpacific
SFO-YEG (UA)

I tried calling aeroplan to book it and was told I was over MPM. I realize that I could just keep trying until I get a more lenient agent, but is it really that ridiculous? Should I try to route over the Atlantic? Or just keep calling AP?
This is not going to work. HKG is your destination, because it is the furthest stop from YEG. The routing needs to be within MPM5 for YEG-HKG. Going YEG-SFO-ICN-TPE-LHR-CPH-SIN-HKG is certainly way way over.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.