FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mini RTW Questions
View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2013, 8:26 am
mudd_stuffin

Programs: AC *P
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
First of all, try another agent. Aeroplan is not as wildly inconsistent as US Dividend Miles, but there is some variation with agents. As I earlier posted, I had one agent try to "blackmail" me into routing on AC + LH on the outbound to be "allowed" a return that was bordering on MPM5. You need to try again, and supervisors don't always help 'cause they are often just as clueless.

You need to ask them to check the maximum permitted mileage (they do not understand MPM, or MPM5), and maybe (now, this is conjecture on my part based on previous calls I had) they need not to calculate it using a specific airline, but *just* MPM (because I believe they can display MPM as published by an airline, which, I suspect, uses a published routing - OR they can just show it as a "global" one of sorts, which should return the 21,000 mile figure you are looking for).
Thank you - I am onto my 5th agent! Maybe I am getting somewhere. She just punched in something which seems to work which is not through FRA.

You are right - the supervisor I talked to was just as clueless last night. Not only was the routing through FRA (or LHR) pretty much blackmail, the FRA-SIN shows no availability in J or F for a good part of 2014.