Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2018, 3:59 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by KLouis
Even if you think that the curtain may be annoying (I don't!), the extra leg room of row 3 should be a good enough reasson to book it!
Thanks.....at the moment the flight is showing only 2 rows set aside for business. Normally I would grab row 3 but I wonder if I might run the risk of them expanding business class another row and moving us to much less desirable seat.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 4:00 pm

Even if you think that the curtain may be annoying (I don't!), the extra leg room of row 3 should be a good enough reasson to book it!
duplicated.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by david55
Thanks.....at the moment the flight is showing only 2 rows set aside for business. Normally I would grab row 3 but I wonder if I might run the risk of them expanding business class another row and moving us to much less desirable seat.
No problem there, row 4 also has more leg room. Book that one and you don't risk being moved
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:01 pm

No problem there, row 4 also has more leg room. Book that one and you don't risk being moved
Brilliant. Thanks.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 5:14 pm

Does Aegean still award 500 miles for installing the app and logging in? Or is that over?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 7:21 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
I thinks that's over. Joined them end of last year and never got these miles.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:27 am

Programs: A3*S, FB*S, AerClub*S, Hertz PC
Is owenrudge still a trustworthy tool to calculate tier earnings or are there any other tools around?

I recently travelled TP in the BRU-LIS-VGO route with a quite expensive L fare, that gives 50% miles (I erroneously thought I had booked a higher fare class). Owenrudge calculated 653 miles (533 for the BRU-LIS and 120 for the LIS-VGO leg) but I got credited 853, approx 30% more miles (BRU-LIS gave 548, LIS-VGO 305) . I've often seen inaccuracies of the tool in the past but it is always within a 2-10 miles range.

PS: On a slightly irrelevant side note, completely appalling behaviour from the ground staff TP rents in the BRU baggage drop-off area. The night before the flight I had received an SMS from TP claiming that I could check for free my hand luggage. The girl strictly denied accommodating the request claiming that she had never seen a TP SMS before. She also claimed that hand luggage refers to my laptop bag, not my cabin so I could check in the laptop bag only Whereas technically correct for most airlines, TP's lingo uses the terms hand and cabin baggage interchangeably.
In the meantime, her colleague was giving a hard time to a couple with Brazilian passports who were 1.4 kg over allowance. They were trying to communicate with her in a mix of broken French/English and she was just replying in Dutch.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:28 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I used Owen Rudge calculator to plan my A3 earning and it is always correct, in a +/- 15 miles range. It seems the LIS-VGO leg was the wrong one, could it be it was a different fare for that segment ?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: A3*S, FB*S, AerClub*S, Hertz PC
Both segments were on L fare. The LIS-VGO leg was supposed to be operated by White Airways but we had a TAP Express ATR, I guess because both airlines are TP owned?

Do you also know if the hardcopy of the boarding pass you receive in the baggage drop-off area has to show the actual fare class or just shows the generic class (ie Y for economy, J for business etc)?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:21 am

I have a question regarding A3 award ticket on LO flights, economy. Is there checked baggage included for such ticket?
I am A3 Gold if that matters.

Last edited by gguniss; Sep 19, 2018 at 2:39 am Reason: added
Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:59 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
I booked in May LO award with M&M and I had checked baggage included (FTL on M&M at that time)
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:35 am

I am trying to purchase a ticket from Istanbul - Athens - Belgrade (one ticket) with Aegean Airlines. My country is not listed as one of the countries that need a transit visa (https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/transit-schengen-visa/). But just to make sure is the transfer in Athens airside? Since I checked in Agean website that I need to go to passport control
https://en.aegeanair.com/travel-info...ng-passengers/

in timatic:

TWOV (Transit Without Visa):

Passengers transiting through Athens (ATH) and arriving from a non-Schengen Member State with a confirmed onward ticket for a flight within 24 hours to a third country which is not a Schengen Member State. They must:
- stay in the international transit area of the airport, and
- have documents required for the next destination.

Also on the returning flight, will Agean Airlines checked my luggage to my final destination if I have a separate ticket with Turkish airlines from Istanbul? The belgrade - Athens will be with aegean but athens to istanbul will be on olympic (one ticket). Thanks.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 11:02 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
in 2017 I flew from OTP to ATH (non-Schengen) and from there I had to fly to LCA on Emirates flight (ATH-LCA-DXB at that time) which was leaving from non-Schengen area (its final destination was non-Schengen) and I had to pass thru passport control and security check, I think you will be fine because that passport control is not for entering in Greece but other purpose.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by GBobon
in 2017 I flew from OTP to ATH (non-Schengen) and from there I had to fly to LCA on Emirates flight (ATH-LCA-DXB at that time) which was leaving from non-Schengen area (its final destination was non-Schengen) and I had to pass thru passport control and security check, I think you will be fine because that passport control is not for entering in Greece but other purpose.
Cyprus is not a full Schengen member country yet, which is why all flights to LCA leave from the A gates; it has nothing to do with the flight continuing to Dubai.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 11:55 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by GBobon
Just to be clear, because I've always wondered, do you remember if you went to the small 'connections' booth to your left after entering the terminal or straight on to the regular passport control and baggage area? I've always wondered (and there have been others asking here) exactly how the airside A-gates transfers work. Is there another security check area that way? I always thought those stairs to the left just led straight up to the gate area. Thanks for more details if you remember.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.