Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA Exec Plt 2MM, HH Diamond, *wood Gold, disgruntled Amex Ex-Centurion
Originally Posted by Xandrios
P is a heavily discounted fare class for all major star operators. Therefore these flights generally earn very few, or no' miles at all. I would suspect that the AC earnings at 200% is outdated, possibly a mistake. That means you will receive the miles at 200% unless they change the earning rates in the time between now and your flight. Then you'd be out of luck.
That is actually not true. From Aegean's chart (international flights):

Air Canada uses P as a low end business class fare (200% on A3)

Air China, Asiana and Thai use P as a first class fare (300% on A3)

ANA has P as a business class fare (200% on A3)

Austrian and Swiss (LH Group!) have P as "business class - highly discounted" (100% on A3)

Avianca and Croatia use P as an economy class fare (100% on A3)

Egyptair uses P as "First Class Discounted" (200% on A3)

SAS uses P as a high-end economy fare (200% on A3)

Shenzhen uses P as a business class fare (150% on A3)

Singapores uses P for premium economy (100% on A3)

TAP uses P for discounted economy (50% on A3)

United uses P for discounted business class (100% on A3)

Those not listed above either do not use booking class P or award 0%.

So in summary: P can be anything from low-end economy to first class in a three class configuration and can earn you anything from nothing to 300% miles flown. In short: there is no rhyme or reason.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 11:54 am

Oh my, you do have lots of free time!
Old Sep 14, 2015, 7:34 pm

How long does it usually take for miles to be credited to Miles&Bonus from Star Alliance Airlines?
Its been 6 days since my flight, Aegean flight miles have already been credited, while i'm still waiting for SWISS
Old Sep 14, 2015, 9:39 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by georgepal
How long does it usually take for miles to be credited to Miles&Bonus from Star Alliance Airlines?
Its been 6 days since my flight, Aegean flight miles have already been credited, while i'm still waiting for SWISS
There is a whole thread on this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...ccount-42.html
Old Sep 16, 2015, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA Exec Plt 2MM, HH Diamond, *wood Gold, disgruntled Amex Ex-Centurion
Originally Posted by KLouis
Oh my, you do have lots of free time!
Not really. Just too much time spent sitting at an airport and waiting for a delayed flight (which was the case when I "researched" P class earnings for A3).
Old Sep 24, 2015, 3:17 am

Lufthansa Premium Economy

I have an upcoming booking on Lufthansa in discounted premium economy, booking class N.

So, I'm a little concerned about this statement in the Miles+Bonus earnings chart for LH:

"Note: Miles cannot be earned in booking classes: O, I, X, R, N, L, T, E, K, P"

This hasn't been updated since 2014, before LH introduced Premium Economy, so I'm assuming it's out of date. Has anyone successfully credited LH premium economy to A3, and if so, what earning rate did you get?
Old Sep 24, 2015, 3:27 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
I would bet that it still earns zero. Remember, earning is not determined by entitlements but by inter airline agreements and IT updates. Neither of which is particularly fast.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 3:40 am

Earns zero as in "credit needs to be requested manually" or as in "no chance, you won't get your miles" ?

Other *A programmes do earn miles for class N on LH. Eg, Aeroplan's LH chart says:

"Effective for travel November 22, 2014, earn 100% in booking class N on The Rest of the World Flights, excluding Intra-European Flights. For travel until November 21, 2014, earn 0% "
Old Sep 24, 2015, 3:40 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Reason077
I have an upcoming booking on Lufthansa in discounted premium economy, booking class N.

So, I'm a little concerned about this statement in the Miles+Bonus earnings chart for LH:

"Note: Miles cannot be earned in booking classes: O, I, X, R, N, L, T, E, K, P"

This hasn't been updated since 2014, before LH introduced Premium Economy, so I'm assuming it's out of date. Has anyone successfully credited LH premium economy to A3, and if so, what earning rate did you get?
Originally Posted by kanor
I would bet that it still earns zero. Remember, earning is not determined by entitlements but by inter airline agreements and IT updates. Neither of which is particularly fast.
I agree with kanor - you will very likely earn nothing, just as you earn nothing with some fare buckets with LH in both Y & J.

The cabin is immaterial - it's what LH is prepared to pay A3 for any given fare bucket that matters. If they don't feel there's enough money for the amount paid against the service delivered, that payment will be close to or zero, and therefore the miles awarded will reflect that.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 3:45 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
"Effective for travel November 22, 2014, earn 100% in booking class N on The Rest of the World Flights, excluding Intra-European Flights. For travel until November 21, 2014, earn 0% "
AC is JV partner, no need for agreements just and IT update.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by kanor
AC is JV partner, no need for agreements just and IT update.
It's not just AC! All the other 5 or so *A airlines I checked show LH N as being a valid class for earning, at at least 100%. I think this is a case of A3 not keeping their earnings chart up to date.

In any case, I have sent them a query, so will see if that gets anywhere. I still have a couple of months before the booking in question, so could always credit the flights elsewhere if absolutely necessary.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 5:46 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I understand clinging on to hope, but I agree with rest of posters who says: If it says 0 miles in published chart, you will earn 0 miles IRL.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by intuition
I understand clinging on to hope, but I agree with rest of posters who says: If it says 0 miles in published chart, you will earn 0 miles IRL.
Thanks. I guess I'll have to credit to another FFP if they don't update the chart.

Hopefully they'll fix it at some point, though. I have sent a query online and if I don't hear back after a couple of weeks I'll try calling.

It is, of course, very strange that Lufthansa Economy flights would earn miles but Premium Economy do not!
Old Sep 25, 2015, 4:01 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
It is, of course, very strange that Lufthansa Economy flights would earn miles but Premium Economy do not!
That's not at all strange - the miles-earning Y buckets probably cost more money, with less on-board benefits and costs, than your discounted Y+ ticket!

P-class in Business also does not earn on LH - that's certainly a step up in 'quality' if you view it like that.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
That's not at all strange - the miles-earning Y buckets probably cost more money, with less on-board benefits and costs, than your discounted Y+ ticket!
I understand your point, but in this case I suspect the problem is that Aegean just haven't updated their earning table since LH introduced Premium Economy - not that it is intentionally a non-earning fare category.

The 3 classes that LH use for Premium Economy are G, E, and N. Of those, G is shown as being Economy Class (!) and E and N are both shown as being non-earning. This is different from every other *A airline I checked, where all 3 are shown as premium economy class and all 3 earn full miles.

Is there some reason why A3 would intentionally be so wildly different from other *A partners when it comes to LH premium economy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.