Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2022, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
We have to do our flights from Frankfurt to somewhere in Greece, (no Heraklion or Thessaloniki) on April 10th. Any suggestions would be great. We will stay only 4 days and will depart Greece April 14 for Spain.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 10:33 am

e.g. Aktion, Chania, Chios, Corfou, Ioannina, Kefalonia, Mytilini, Rhodes, Zakynthos...

I listed, alphabetically, destinations which offer beautiful places for hiking/excursions and some culture (museums, etc.). There are certainly many more, though.

PS Aktion: Nothing there, but very, very close to Lefkada and a series of lesser Ionian islands as well as Preveza and Nikopolis. For history buffs: The site of the battle of Actium where Cleopatra and Marc Antonius were beaten by Octavian, i.e. for Hollywood fans, Liz Taylor, Richard Burton and Roddy McDowall

Last edited by KLouis; Jan 14, 2022 at 10:39 am
Old Jan 14, 2022, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Thank you Klouis, been to Kefalonia as well. I am going to price out the others now.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 1:15 pm

Helvetic Airlines

Will these flights be credited to M&B account?
LX1417 Operated by: Helvetic Airways
LX1376 Operated by: Helvetic Airways
Old Mar 1, 2022, 3:57 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by Grigoris
Will these flights be credited to M&B account?
LX1417 Operated by: Helvetic Airways
LX1376 Operated by: Helvetic Airways
Unless anything has changed recently you'll have no problem. I've taken several Helvetic flights in the past (4 or 5 years ago on the old Fokker 100s) and they credit just like any LX flight. The key is in the flight numbers - they are "normal sequence" LX numbers
Grigoris and bruso like this.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 8:29 pm

Location: SFO until life lets me wiggle free to become ... rocambolesque!!
Programs: M+B, AirPoints, BAEC, IB+
TAP<-->A3 Status Miles Equivalency?

Was wondering IF there's any difference in earning A3 status miles when flying another Star Alliance airline, particularly TAP, and crediting to M+B??

Where I'm going with this question is that if I fly A3 and would earn 900 status AND award miles, if I flew the same distance on TAP (credited to A3), would I earn the same status miles?

Thanks for whatever you can tell me!
Old Dec 4, 2022, 1:10 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Rocambolist
Was wondering IF there's any difference in earning A3 status miles when flying another Star Alliance airline, particularly TAP, and crediting to M+B??

Where I'm going with this question is that if I fly A3 and would earn 900 status AND award miles, if I flew the same distance on TAP (credited to A3), would I earn the same status miles?

If you fly TAP or any Star airline in a booking class that earns 900 miles on A3, you will receive 900 award miles and 900 tier miles.

For A3 and OA flights, when you have A3 status you will also get extra award miles based on your status, but no extra tier miles.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by Rocambolist

Of course there are tons of differences!
https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...rlines/aegean/
(refer to "how to earn" - "international")
Compare with
https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon.../airlines/tap/
So unless you are comparing the exact fares and booking classes I've marked in the following screenshots, you won't get the same amount of miles, regardless if the distance flown is exactly the same.

Rocambolist likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 12:45 pm

Location: SFO until life lets me wiggle free to become ... rocambolesque!!
Programs: M+B, AirPoints, BAEC, IB+
Thanks very much! I could NOT find that info but now have it. It might not matter much for short trips, but SFO-LIS return is a bigger earner I didn´t want to lose on. Cheers!!
giorginho likes this.

Last edited by Rocambolist; Dec 4, 2022 at 12:46 pm Reason: left out a word
Old Dec 6, 2022, 2:01 pm

Programs: * Gold, BA Gold
Hello I'm sure the answer is somewhere in one of the threads/forums but I still couldn't find the proper answer for A3 accrual miles with *alliance partners and codesharing.

Ex: flying Air Canada metal on a UA ticket and flight number.

Do I get AC P mileage: 200% or UA P mileage: 100%

I remember reading that *Alliance rules would be you earn the mileage of the airlines (metal) you're flying with rather than the flight number (of another airlines), but I couldn't find anything about it on A3 Miles+Bonus T&C.

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by FCO36
I remember reading that *Alliance rules would be you earn the mileage of the airlines (metal) you're flying with rather than the flight number (of another airlines), but I couldn't find anything about it on A3 Miles+Bonus T&C.
The bold part is already correct (you probably can't find anything because it's assumed ​​​​​​, though perhaps this is mentioned somewhere, but it's not really important to find it out now, since we already know what's the answer). I would however advise you to be cautious about such bookings and what they'll credit to Aegean. Of course business class bookings are "safer" (even if retro-crediting is needed, in case of an error), but with many star alliance airlines, their own booking class (letter) in economy class will get "translated" to (or simply get sent to Aegean as) a completely different booking class, which will then credit according to Aegean's earning table for that airline. This is an issue with no fail-proof answer afaik, according to the comments I've been reading here on FT on the past 3-4 years...
Old Dec 6, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: * Gold, BA Gold
Thanks a lot for your reply. I'll play it safe and book business class!
giorginho likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.