Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2016, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by KLouis
Yes, it should, but you may have to do an on-line retrocredit.
Thank you KLouis, will keep all the documentation until then.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 5:28 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by yuayua
Hi guys,

Would like some advice on accruing miles on M&B from an Air China Flight.

I am looking at this flight (Class L) on the Air China website.

From the M&B website, the accrual factor for Class L on Air China is 100%. The same goes for Krisflyer too.

The Air China FFP earns 75%, according to here.

However, while reviewing the fare rules as I was trying to make a booking on the Air China website, it states:

As the stated accrual factor (25%) is quite different than that stated on the FFP page, I was wondering whether I would be getting 100% on M&B / Krisflyer?
yuayua, welcome to FT and in particular the A3 forum.

Irrespective of what Air China earns in its own FFP, you will earn in accordance with the A3 table. There are anomalies, rare though they are, where earnings in other programmes are greater than the native FFP - this may be one of those.

I would sound only one note of caution, which is that earnings are only calculated on the day you fly, not the day you book. If Air China has recently changed its earning buckets, it is possible that the A3 chart has not yet caught up - but it may do by the time you fly. The fact that KrisFlyer also has 100% earnings may be a positive sign, but nothing is guaranteed.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
yuayua, welcome to FT and in particular the A3 forum.

Irrespective of what Air China earns in its own FFP, you will earn in accordance with the A3 table. There are anomalies, rare though they are, where earnings in other programmes are greater than the native FFP - this may be one of those.

I would sound only one note of caution, which is that earnings are only calculated on the day you fly, not the day you book. If Air China has recently changed its earning buckets, it is possible that the A3 chart has not yet caught up - but it may do by the time you fly. The fact that KrisFlyer also has 100% earnings may be a positive sign, but nothing is guaranteed.
Thanks NWI, that was really helpful! ^
Old Mar 12, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by yuayua
Hi guys,

Would like some advice on accruing miles on M&B from an Air China Flight.

I am looking at this flight (Class L) on the Air China website.

From the M&B website, the accrual factor for Class L on Air China is 100%. The same goes for Krisflyer too.

The Air China FFP earns 75%, according to here.

However, while reviewing the fare rules as I was trying to make a booking on the Air China website, it states:

As the stated accrual factor (25%) is quite different than that stated on the FFP page, I was wondering whether I would be getting 100% on M&B / Krisflyer?
I just flew Air China in L-class last week and I can confirm with you that I got 100% of miles flown! Also, the miles are posted within 3 days! ^
Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:33 am

Programs: M&M, A3*G, Flying Blue, HHonors
Originally Posted by l380
I just flew Air China in L-class last week and I can confirm with you that I got 100% of miles flown! Also, the miles are posted within 3 days! ^
Thanks, that's good to hear - I booked L for the same reason; flying on Thursday.
Old May 16, 2016, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
We had a flight booked on TG in Q class which gives 100% mileage to the A3 M&B program.

LHR-BKK(Q class with a stop)
BKK-DPS(paid upgrade from Q to C)
SIN-LHR(Q)

Should the BKK-DPS not have given us C class accumulation?
Old May 16, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
W.....BKK-DPS(paid upgrade from Q to C)

Should the BKK-DPS not have given us C class accumulation?
paid upgrade only upgrade the cabin and associated perks, not the underlying booking class used for mileage accrual
Old May 16, 2016, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
paid upgrade only upgrade the cabin and associated perks, not the underlying booking class used for mileage accrual
Agreed but the booking class was changed when I paid.
Old May 17, 2016, 2:53 am

Well, yes, but it depends on what kind of information they get from the "other" airline.
Old May 18, 2016, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KLouis
Well, yes, but it depends on what kind of information they get from the "other" airline.
I guess, but I've made gold for another year so no point pursuing this I guess.
Old May 18, 2016, 3:16 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Have a look at this thread/post:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26622571-post6.html

or this one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...s-c-miles.html
Old May 19, 2016, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Just terrible.
Old May 20, 2016, 11:34 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I don't know of any airline which reissues the ticket for a cash upgrade at the airport. AI, TK, TG, NH, UA all revalidate the ticket, resulting in mileage being accrued on the underlying fare class.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 6:06 am

Does anybody has managed to find how mapping from TAP fares work?

I am kind of confused with TAP fares (discount/basic) and how they are mapped to A3. So I booked on return fare (O and T) which was credited to A3 as A (50% accrual). Should note that according to A3/TP table O and T on TAP earn 0 on A3. Is it safe to assume that only "basic" fares will give miles to A3?
Old Nov 20, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Silver | Aegean Miles & Bonus - Gold | IHG - Gold | Marriott - Silver
Quick question about SAS flight crediting to Aegean

Hi all,

I'm new to Aegean Miles & Bonus, and trying to build up status with them. Having read all the advice so far, I booked a r/t flight with SAS Airlines from ARN-HKG in late Jan. It's in O class and would have earned 9000 Eurobonus miles.

Question is, how much would this earn in Miles & Bonus as I've credited it to Aegean? Any ideas?

If anyone has any advice how to survive a SAS Y longhaul flight, do let me know!

Thanks,

howarsan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.