Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2015, 1:22 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
This concept (different ticket types but all books into the same fare class) isn't that unusual. Infact, A3 is one of the airlines that does this. You can choose "GoLight" or "Flex" but you cannot choose fare class ie you cannot buy a more expensive ticket to get more miles.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 2:51 pm

Programs: A3*G
I guess what I should have emphasized is that it's a change to what I'm used to from Lufthansa. I try my best to fly SK when they have a suitable schedule, but ... German Christmas Markets are calling and it's pretty much LH!

Even looked at going via Athens on A3 but the price gets silly.

Simply trying to get my other family members to A3*G :-:

Thanks for the suggestion on calling a Travel Agent and pointing out that A3 is actually following a similar/same process.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 2:27 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Don't get me wrong - it is a really annoying system!
But like someone said, it is adaption to the LCC regime.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: A3*G, EY Gold
Marketed and operated CA flight with L class fare - 100% M&B miles
CA marketed but NZ operated flight in L cass - how many miles?
Old Sep 6, 2015, 1:58 pm

Tickets booked from online service and despte flying with Aegean - Lufthansa it sais that flights are operated by swiss. I got an Aegean Miles&Bonus but also registered with LH Miles+More. Is it worth claiming my miles in LH Miles+More or shall i stay with Aegean? I'm a gold there. How many miles will i get if i claim them in Aegean card?
Flights are:
HER - TXL- ZRH - LAX (Classes S, T, T)
Return is
LAX - FRA - ZRH - HER (Economy)

Also got a SFO - HNL (CLASS T) & HNL - LAX (CLASS L) with United, which as i noticed only gives 20% of the milage to Aegean Card Holders

PS First post here. Well done guys!
Old Sep 6, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by georgepal
Tickets booked from online service and despte flying with Aegean - Lufthansa it sais that flights are operated by swiss. I got an Aegean Miles&Bonus but also registered with LH Miles+More. Is it worth claiming my miles in LH Miles+More or shall i stay with Aegean? I'm a gold there. How many miles will i get if i claim them in Aegean card?
Flights are:
HER - TXL- ZRH - LAX (Classes S, T, T)
Return is
LAX - FRA - ZRH - HER (Economy)

Also got a SFO - HNL (CLASS T) & HNL - LAX (CLASS L) with United, which as i noticed only gives 20% of the milage to Aegean Card Holders

PS First post here. Well done guys!
I'm afraid if you look at the earning charts for both Lufthansa and Swiss, you'll find that T class does not earn miles on Aegean. I'm assuming you have ZRH - LAX with a Lufthansa flight number but it is operated by Swiss. If that's the case, you'd need to figure out what T class on Lufthansa maps to on a flight operated by Swiss, but I would guess it is still a non-earning fare class according to the Official Aegean earning chart. So it may be better to leave it with Miles & More.

Just a small correction on the above--you would earn 50% of the miles on these United flights in T and L, rather than 20%. Maybe it was a simple typo you did hitting 2 instead of 5?
Old Sep 6, 2015, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by eurotexan
I'm afraid if you look at the earning charts for both Lufthansa and Swiss, you'll find that T class does not earn miles on Aegean. I'm assuming you have ZRH - LAX with a Lufthansa flight number but it is operated by Swiss. If that's the case, you'd need to figure out what T class on Lufthansa maps to on a flight operated by Swiss, but I would guess it is still a non-earning fare class according to the Official Aegean earning chart. So it may be better to leave it with Miles & More.
Is there any point of getting those miles on my Lufthansa card, since i only got 500 miles there? Just noticed that my return flights (economy) are S class, which sais that I get 50% accrual factor. Is that 50% of the miles i'd be getting with Lufthansa Miles+More?
Since i'm a Gold in Aegean it says that i'm getting 20% more miles, so i assume its not that bad, right?

Originally Posted by eurotexan
Just a small correction on the above--you would earn 50% of the miles on these United flights in T and L, rather than 20%. Maybe it was a simple typo you did hitting 2 instead of 5?
Yeah mistyped. Just confirmed its 50%
Old Sep 7, 2015, 12:16 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by georgepal
Is there any point of getting those miles on my Lufthansa card, since i only got 500 miles there? Just noticed that my return flights (economy) are S class, which sais that I get 50% accrual factor. Is that 50% of the miles i'd be getting with Lufthansa Miles+More?
Since i'm a Gold in Aegean it says that i'm getting 20% more miles, so i assume its not that bad, right?
Only you can decide whether it's worth crediting small amounts of miles to M&M - personally I stopped bothering with the 125 mile fare buckets because it wasn't worth the effort of swapping FFP numbers in the PNR and as I never fly LH now because of the stingy earnings and lack of services from the UK my M&M account is effectively toast. With 500 miles at stake I suppose I might be tempted if I thought I'd fly LH more and could build my balance to do something useful with.

Your 50% earning is according to the A3 chart, not what LH's mileage calculator says.

Finally, the 20% bonus only applies when you fly on A3 or OA metal - not other Star airlines.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 1:17 am

I live in Greece and mainly travel with Aegean so, based on what u r telling me and what I read, I see no point of getting those miles to Lufthansa, despite that I will earn around 3000 miles while in Aegean less than half.
Just wanted to confirm with u expert flyers
Anyhow I think, as a general rule, it's more worthy getting the miles to the company I fly more often than having 2-3 cards to get miles in different airline companies
Old Sep 8, 2015, 6:38 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA Exec Plt 2MM, HH Diamond, *wood Gold, disgruntled Amex Ex-Centurion
Lufthansa Business Class Specials

I am just looking at a great Business class fare on the Lufthansa website. This is listed as "Business Basic Plus II" and Lufthansa tells us it would earn "100% miles".

Flights are either on AC or on LH. Booking class is "P". Now looking at the chart on Aegean, it tells me:

LH in P class 0%
AC in P class 200%

Both do not match what LH says. So if I fly AC on a LH ticket in P class, 200% miles awarded?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 8:20 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by colonius
I am just looking at a great Business class fare on the Lufthansa website. This is listed as "Business Basic Plus II" and Lufthansa tells us it would earn "100% miles".

Flights are either on AC or on LH. Booking class is "P". Now looking at the chart on Aegean, it tells me:

LH in P class 0%
AC in P class 200%

Both do not match what LH says. So if I fly AC on a LH ticket in P class, 200% miles awarded?
LH P will map to something unknown in AC's business class fares (but probably straight across to P given the strong codeshare arrangements between them and the similarity in flexibility [ie none!]). As all AC business fares currently earn at 200% in M&B, it really shouldn't matter to you which it is. What it earns in M&M is not relevant.

As you've identified, do not take the LH-operated flight which will earn you precisely nothing!
Old Sep 8, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA Exec Plt 2MM, HH Diamond, *wood Gold, disgruntled Amex Ex-Centurion
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
LH P will map to something unknown in AC's business class fares (but probably straight across to P given the strong codeshare arrangements between them and the similarity in flexibility [ie none!]). As all AC business fares currently earn at 200% in M&B, it really shouldn't matter to you which it is. What it earns in M&M is not relevant.

As you've identified, do not take the LH-operated flight which will earn you precisely nothing!
Frequent Flyer programs are getting stranger and stranger.

Thanks for the heads-up!
Old Sep 8, 2015, 8:35 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Originally Posted by colonius
Both do not match what LH says. ...
What Lufthansa says, goes for flights credited to Miles and More. You can never use the stated earnings for one program and apply it to another.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer

As this has been booked, I can confirm: LH P = AC P. Since all the flights are on AC metal, 200% mileage accrual. Not bad for a C$ 2,500 business class round-trip fare (all in) from the West Coast to Europe!
Old Sep 13, 2015, 3:44 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
P is a heavily discounted fare class for all major star operators. Therefore these flights generally earn very few, or no' miles at all. I would suspect that the AC earnings at 200% is outdated, possibly a mistake. That means you will receive the miles at 200% unless they change the earning rates in the time between now and your flight. Then you'd be out of luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.