Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:20 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I'll soon be flying a segment on Avianca operated by Trans American Airlines, or, TACA.

Both TACA and Avianca are supposed to be part of Star Alliance. However TACA is not mentioned on the Earnings page, presumably because they were (partly?) bought out by Avianca.

Should I expect to earn following the Avianca chart, or expect to earn nothing at all?
Old Jul 23, 2015, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios
I'll soon be flying a segment on Avianca operated by Trans American Airlines, or, TACA.

Both TACA and Avianca are supposed to be part of Star Alliance. However TACA is not mentioned on the Earnings page, presumably because they were (partly?) bought out by Avianca.

Should I expect to earn following the Avianca chart, or expect to earn nothing at all?
TACA (now completely merged with Avianca) was never called Trans American Airlines, which was the name of TACA Peru! Why they still use this name every now and then, who knows. By the way, last month I flew PTY-SJO in a brand new A320 in TACA livery, but "everything else" (flight number, uniforms, even in-flight magazine) were Avianca. By the way, you are not the first confused FTer.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 8:11 am

Thanks

That thread did show up in my initial google search, though it didn't clear up if miles were actually earned. Do I understand correctly that you did get the Avianca miles for your TACA segment?
Old Jul 25, 2015, 12:47 am

Thanks

That thread did show up in my initial google search, though it didn't clear up if miles were actually earned. Do I understand correctly that you did get the Avianca miles for your TACA segment?
Yes.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, *G, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
AV U/T class -> A3 EQM?

Speaking of Avianca: if you credit a <500 mile AV segment to A3 (class U/T, which earns only 25%), you get the minimum 500 A3 mile and 500 EQM or the distance flown, or just 25% of the distance flown?

Just because AV U/T credited to AV - within Colombia would earn 25% (but min. 500 miles), and 25% EQM (they don't specify min. here, so I don't know if the 500 miles applies or not). Obviously it has nothing to do with A3, just curious how they handle EQM - but apparently even the sign up 1-2k miles count towards elite status?

Thanks
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:19 am

KLouis: Thanks!

kisl: For a U/T (25%) fare you will receive 500 miles for all flights below 2000 miles. All flights over 2000 miles will earn 25% of the distance flow. So basically the 500 miles is the lowest amount you can receive for these fares.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, *G, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
KLouis: Thanks!

kisl: For a U/T (25%) fare you will receive 500 miles for all flights below 2000 miles. All flights over 2000 miles will earn 25% of the distance flow. So basically the 500 miles is the lowest amount you can receive for these fares.
Thanks Xandrios! That's clear that you'll get 500 redeemable miles, my question was more about if that's elite qualifying miles or not. Or Aegean doesn't distinguish them? I guess not, just wanted to double check with more experienced flyers before I build up my strategy for *A status
Old Aug 12, 2015, 12:16 pm

- Checking whether fare classes on A3 for economy U and T earn any miles, so I will know if they count towards segments.

The Miles & Bonus Calculator lists 200 miles, but I don't see U on the earning chart. I'm using an iPad, so the charts don't show properly or sometimes at all.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 12:32 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
U,P,T domestic earns flat 200
U,P,T,E international earns 75% min 400
Old Aug 12, 2015, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by intuition
U,P,T domestic earns flat 200
U,P,T,E international earns 75% min 400

Intuition,
Thanks for the quick response. This is good to know.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Hi
How is the earnings with SAS flights on European flights ? Based on distance or fixed ?
Moreover, is SAS flight operated by blue 1 eligible for tire miles on A3 ?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 9:00 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Distance based, but with minimums.
Blue1 counts as SK, as is noted in post#1
Old Aug 24, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by intuition
Distance based, but with minimums.
Blue1 counts as SK, as is noted in post#1
Thanks. SK is still quite attractive then.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: A3*G
A3 earning related to LH new fare concept in Europe

LH Press Release

Lufthansa now offers three types of Economy fares: Light, Classic, and Flex. Regarding this change, I am very confused how no matter which you choose (Light, Classic, or Flex), they all book into the same booking class, mostly really low ones or even non-earning ones for A3.

I would have thought that when you pay extra for flexibility (changes, refunds, rebookings), that you get a different (higher) fare class.

I travel LH frequently on business and credit to A3, and am usually buying inside a 14 day window which, prior to this change, would usually book into Q, U, and H. Now when I look at similar fares, they are booking into W which causes the return leg to almost exclusively book into non-earning fare classes (K, T) on A3.

What's even more strange is when looking at Expedia and originating from BHX, it will fail to return any flight results at all for dates in December even though Lufthansa clearly shows fares and flights available on the same days.

Any ideas or comments how to book into better earning classes for A3 purposes?
Old Sep 5, 2015, 12:39 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by eurotexan
LH Press Release

Lufthansa now offers three types of Economy fares: Light, Classic, and Flex. Regarding this change, I am very confused how no matter which you choose (Light, Classic, or Flex), they all book into the same booking class, mostly really low ones or even non-earning ones for A3.

I would have thought that when you pay extra for flexibility (changes, refunds, rebookings), that you get a different (higher) fare class.

I travel LH frequently on business and credit to A3, and am usually buying inside a 14 day window which, prior to this change, would usually book into Q, U, and H. Now when I look at similar fares, they are booking into W which causes the return leg to almost exclusively book into non-earning fare classes (K, T) on A3.

What's even more strange is when looking at Expedia and originating from BHX, it will fail to return any flight results at all for dates in December even though Lufthansa clearly shows fares and flights available on the same days.

Any ideas or comments how to book into better earning classes for A3 purposes?
In this case, you're paying for the extra flexibility and lower change fees, not the extra mileage-earning potential. Welcome to the world of Lufthansa ...

I would think, given the LH website does not allow booking into specific fare buckets, that you'll need to book through a competent TA (not an OTA). The cost of the TA's fee and increased fare will most likely outweigh the value of the earnings by some distance - this is simply another move by LH to move to LCC status and provide as few Alliance benefits as possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.