Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: AS 100K
does an NH operated by Air Japan flight award me miles? Flying HKG-NRT-SEA later this year which should give me A3 Gold (if I get credit for both segments!).

FYI...first leg on NH (operated by Air Japan) and SEA-leg operated by NH.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 2:13 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
does an NH operated by Air Japan flight award me miles? Flying HKG-NRT-SEA later this year which should give me A3 Gold (if I get credit for both segments!).

I would think yes
Old Aug 10, 2014, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by atcanobbio

Yes.

I just earned miles on the Air Japan segment for TPE-NRT.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum
It seems the awarded fare is based on the fare class actually flown, not the fare class ticketed, at least on UA.

Datapoint:
Arrived late for an S class fare on UA. Was bumped to a later flight, Y class. Received the 150% miles bonus on the Y class fare with Y class routing.

This is something new I haven't seen or maybe just never noticed before flying on other airlines. Can this be exploited so one can buy a cheap fare and get bumped to a higher mile-earning ticket?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: A3*G, IB
Originally Posted by tymothy
This is something new I haven't seen or maybe just never noticed before flying on other airlines. Can this be exploited so one can buy a cheap fare and get bumped to a higher mile-earning ticket?
This means that UA did not only rebook you but also re-issued the ticket (in Y). It depends very much on the station, the fact whether you were checked-in or not in for your missed flight and probably many reasons more... not enough for a strategy to exploit a situation like this...
Old Sep 22, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
Hello All, I booked an Aegean codeshared flight operated by Singapore Airlines. The A3 booking class is K but I cannot find out what it maps to on SQ. I rang SQ and they said it will be the same but there's a lot of comments on this forum indicating that most likely it will be something else. Is there a way to find out perhaps in the KVS tool? Thanks
Old Sep 22, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by palcsaky
Hello All, I booked an Aegean codeshared flight operated by Singapore Airlines. The A3 booking class is K but I cannot find out what it maps to on SQ. I rang SQ and they said it will be the same but there's a lot of comments on this forum indicating that most likely it will be something else. Is there a way to find out perhaps in the KVS tool? Thanks
No.

Only SQ can tell you that. Call again.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:19 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by palcsaky
The most likely scenario with any codeshare is that it will book into the lowest fare bucket - that's where most partner seats are allocated. If it's a Y ticket, that will mean zero earning with M&B. You could also check your fare conditions - if the flight is not changeable free-of-charge then you're definitely in a non-earning bucket.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Hello

They will change their program starting from 24.11.2014 http://www.newmilesandbonus.com/en#milesbonus-tiers

To became Gold member you need 24,000 miles within 12 months (including at least 4 Aegean or Olympic Air flights) or a total of 48,000 miles, regardless of which airline you choose to fly with.

To save your status you need 12,000 miles within 12 months (including at least 4 Aegean or Olympic Air flights) or a total of 24,000 miles, regardless of which airline you choose to fly with.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 7:53 am

Does an UA operated by skywest airlines (united express) award me miles? The united award chart states 50% but i have no idea about skywest. Thanks.

Specifically,

Flight:UA6431
Operated by Skywest Airlines dba United Express.
Aircraft: Canadair Regional Jet 700
Fare Class: United Economy (T)
Meal: Snacks for Purchase
No Special Meal Offered.

Last edited by dgun25; Sep 27, 2014 at 8:02 am
Old Sep 30, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: A3
Skywest UA6431 will likely give you credit. This flight number is not on the list of flights UA will not credit to other airlines. Check the A3 retro-claim screen and make sure both airports can be selected. If either of the airports is not listed, my experience is that you will not get credit. YMMV!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22298287-post5.html
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:03 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Hello there,
based on the future changes in the program I have to do my MR to reach the 20k miles before 24th November.

I found the candidate route but I have a question.

Business class on TP should give me 200% of the flown miles but what if the flight is operated by PORTUGALIA?

Anybody has info about this?

Thanks

EDIT: Does it still available?

For some *A carriers, there are many different subsidiaries operating flights for the main airline. Some of these operators earns according to main airline chart some does not. Here is an incomplete list of subsidiaries that earns on M&B:
LH flights operated by EW, EN, IQ, CL earn miles according to LH table in A3 chart.
UA List of flight numbers that earns
SK flights operated by KF earns according to SK table in A3 chart.
SK flights operated by LH, incomplete list of fare class mappings
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:22 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by KiteM
Business class on TP should give me 200% of the flown miles but what if the flight is operated by PORTUGALIA?
Portugalia is a subsidiary of TP, and a *A affiliate airline, so you will almost certainly (99%++) earn as per the TP chart.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 11:58 am

Reading the earnings structure, if I fly SFO-LAX-SFO in purchased A-class (first), it seems that I will be able to get 3000 miles total (minimum 1500 miles per segment).

Also, has anyone received A-class bonus flying on United Express operated by Skywest? or is the earnings structure for mainline only?

Just wanted to confirm as this will be to obtain *G prior to change.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:58 am

Programs: A3*G
For those who fly regularly to/from BRU, Brussels Airlines (SN) offer flight passes, called bpass (http://bpass.brusselsairlines.com/en/) which includes 6 round trip in their Light & Relax travel class, to fly over a period of 3 or 6 months, for selected destinations (not ATH unfortunately).

They actually book in the U Fare class, earning 1250 miles per flight, so a total of 15000 miles per bpass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.