Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Old Aug 23, 2013, 12:34 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by KiteM
Hello,

what does it means?
If I travel with selected trains I can earn tier miles?

If yes, where I can find information on which train I can catch?

It also seems that if you fly with Luxair and Air Dolomiti (owned by LH) you don't get nothing on A3. It's a shame because I'm using to fly with this two companies.

Last things, the tier miles are only the ones you earned by flying?

Thanks
Normally only flights earn.
IIRC if you book a LH flight from a city they don't fly from, sometimes they offer a train connection. This train ticket will have a LH flight number and will then earn like a flight.

Some of LHs subsidiaries are considered to be LH flights too. I don't know about the two you mention, but Augsburg air for instance is considered LH and will earn based on the LH table in A3 earning chart.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 2:42 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Originally Posted by intuition
Normally only flights earn.
IIRC if you book a LH flight from a city they don't fly from, sometimes they offer a train connection. This train ticket will have a LH flight number and will then earn like a flight.
Where I can find information on these trains?
Can I travel on w/o a flight ticket or do I need it?

Some of LHs subsidiaries are considered to be LH flights too. I don't know about the two you mention, but Augsburg air for instance is considered LH and will earn based on the LH table in A3 earning chart.
That's sound good.
Air Dolomiti is in the "Lufthansa Regional Team" as Augsburg (here), so I suppose that also flight on this company will let me earn tier miles.

Luxair is a partner (but I know is owned by LH for around 40%) and let me earn miles on M&M program but I don't know if it works also with A3 (here)
Old Aug 23, 2013, 3:15 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
LH flights operated by EW, EN, IQ, CL, earn miles. Other affiliates do not.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 3:18 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Where I can find information on these trains?
Probably easiest on LH website, for instance by issuing a search for the keyword "Train"
https://www.lufthansa.com/online/por...d=1771014&l=en

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Thanks for the list, will update master post.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 3:25 am

Thanks.

My flight is usually made by 2 legs (1 operated by LG or CL/LH and the other one operated by EN).
So for sure I can earn miles on the second leg (based on the booking class....here I have to check the one for LH, right?), but not on the first leg if it's operated by LG.

In this case should I have the possibility to credit the first leg to M&M and the second one to M&B?

Thanks&Regards

EDIT:

Probably easiest on LH website, for instance by issuing a search for the keyword "Train"
https://www.lufthansa.com/online/por...d=1771014&l=en
Thanks
Old Aug 23, 2013, 5:41 am

Ok....just realized that the class fares I use to buy are not eligible for accrual on A3
Old Aug 23, 2013, 5:59 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Hemkp
Well, IQ or Augsburg Airways has leased planes to LH, flies for example MUC-GOT where you earn miles to Star alliance members
Old Aug 26, 2013, 3:43 pm

Programs: *A-A3-*S, *A M&M FTL *S, EI-Green, AccorGold

This is a good question as I recently flew Helvetic instead of Swiss to Brussels but got credit as an LX flight as it was LX ticketed and numbered.
Luxair is a good question, they are in Miles and More since last year, but aren't a full SA partner for all other SA partners and their mileage programs like Aegean.
I had trouble yesterday getting into the Luxair lounge in Luxemburg with my *G Aegean boarding pass (still awaiting Gold card).
Aegean have recently updated their accrual table, and it's less confusing than before (see my previous posts on this in May).
Old Aug 26, 2013, 3:53 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Originally Posted by magyir
This is a good question as I recently flew Helvetic instead of Swiss to Brussels but got credit as an LX flight as it was LX ticketed and numbered.
Actually, it was not because "it was LX ticketed and numbered". In *A operating carrier counts, it doesn't matter if it was a LX flight-number. In this case, it probably was a wet lease, and the flight was considered a swiss operated flight, even though the formal operator was Helvetic.

(Friendly reminder to use *A for star alliance, as most people will read "South African Airways" when you write SA)
Old Aug 26, 2013, 4:03 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

As for Luxair, it is in M&M as a partner, but has no affiliation with *A.
It is an airline of its own, not a simple service provider to LH et al. So no luck with lounges or miles here.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 8:37 am

As for Luxair, it is in M&M as a partner, but has no affiliation with *A.
It is an airline of its own, not a simple service provider to LH et al. So no luck with lounges or miles here.
Luxair is owned by Lufthansa (13%)
Old Aug 27, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Luxair is owned by Lufthansa (13%)
100% irrelevant
Old Aug 27, 2013, 12:44 pm

100% irrelevant
I thought that the fact that is partially owned by LH could let you enjoy at least LH lounge/miles.

Sorry, I'm still learning
Old Aug 27, 2013, 4:24 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
I thought that the fact that is partially owned by LH could let you enjoy at least LH lounge/miles.
LH miles yes
LH lounges yes if you have LH status
not because of ownership but Luxair in part of Miles and More
Old Aug 27, 2013, 4:55 pm

Ownership means very little in matters like these. CA owns a major stake in CX, yet a CA elite is no different than any other kettle to a OW airline.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.