Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2021, 2:48 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Does anyone know which discounted *A J fares to the US or Thailand will earn me some points. As far as I understand LH/LX/OS in P or Z earn me 0 miles. I don t need 150% or even 200% but at least 50% would be nice.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by Ed Size
Does anyone know which discounted *A J fares to the US or Thailand will earn me some points. As far as I understand LH/LX/OS in P or Z earn me 0 miles. I don t need 150% or even 200% but at least 50% would be nice.
https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...line&flag=earn
Old Oct 13, 2021, 5:13 am

This not really helps, since it is way to complicated to search trough all the airline websites and to figure into wich booking classes certain tickets book. Specialy since you are not going to book a "booking class" you are going to book a certain ticket - and this randomly maps into certain booking classes, which you only see after you bought the ticket.

The typical search engine let me search for Enconmy class or Business class but did not let me search for lets say "J" or "P"
Old Oct 13, 2021, 5:15 am

This not really helps, since it is way to complicated to search trough all the airline websites and to figure into wich booking classes certain tickets book. Specialy since you are not going to book a "booking class" you are going to book a certain ticket - and this randomly maps into certain booking classes, which you only see after you bought the ticket.

The typical search engine let me search for Enconmy class or Business class but did not let me search for lets say "J" or "P"
you can easily see what booking class you book on LH group.

all business fares are at least 100percent of earning (OS, LX), only Lufthansa P is 0%

Last edited by romans; Oct 13, 2021 at 5:22 am
Old Oct 13, 2021, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by romans
you can easily see what booking class you book on LH group.

all business fares are at least 100percent of earning (OS, LX), only Lufthansa P is 0%
Maybe I m too stupid and blind, but when booking on LH I only see the class of service and I see the name of the fare.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 6:32 am

Maybe I m too stupid and blind, but when booking on LH I only see the class of service and I see the name of the fare.
Ed Size, giorginho and sokolov like this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 10:02 am

romans

Thank you as I said I was blind - never was aware of this feature.
romans likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 7:59 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor Plat
Recent experience with mileage credit for LX / LH air rail "flights" ?

Does anyone have recent data points on collecting miles from LX or LH air rail flights? These "flights" in my case would be trains from e.g. BSL to ZRH (or FRA) with flight numbers like LX74xx (or LH34xx). I would book the rail flight on the LX web site when booking tickets like BSL to VLC, where one flight segment is a rail flight.

Many years ago, these air rail flights had resulted in some mileage credit... has anyone successfully received miles with A3 for such a flight in the past few months?
supemola likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by BlackForestUli
Does anyone have recent data points on collecting miles from LX or LH air rail flights? These "flights" in my case would be trains from e.g. BSL to ZRH (or FRA) with flight numbers like LX74xx (or LH34xx). I would book the rail flight on the LX web site when booking tickets like BSL to VLC, where one flight segment is a rail flight.

Many years ago, these air rail flights had resulted in some mileage credit... has anyone successfully received miles with A3 for such a flight in the past few months?
Well, it seems there is not too much recent experience on this.... So I decided to collect and provide a data point myself.

For next week, I've booked LH flights to VLC with a train "flight" segment from Freiburg to FRA. Once the miles are credited to M&B, I'll post the outcome here.
giorginho and Chiller3333 like this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 7:59 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Recent is realtive, last time I took a flight at FL0 was pre-COVID.
They used to credit them the same way as domestic LH flights (which is way more generous than M&M).
Very nice if you're flying in PE and the feeders book into Y (I did MHJ-FRA-MUC-NYC).
I don't know how they handle the LX and OS trains, but should theoretically be the same.
giorginho and BlackForestUli like this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 4:58 am

Mileage credit for LH express rail "flights"

As announced, here is one recent data point on mile collection for LH express rail "flights":

The QFB Airport clearly reveals this is a train ride. However, miles were properly credited for the rail segment (LH3433) as per the normal A3 earnings chart:

giorginho and romans like this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 12:31 pm

TK flights were class Y in october which per A3 Should be 100% of miles but credited 0..when i submitted missing miles report it did say that class not earning miles..May be it was recently downgraded?the same with TP class Y fare..Anobody has any experience with TK or TP class y fares to A3???
Old Jan 12, 2022, 12:52 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
TP doesn't print the fare class on the boarding passes. Might be the same for TK. Y often refers to the cabin (economy) rather than the highest fare therein.
TP is known to also be extremely intransparent when it comes to mileage credit to FFPs (for anything other than Business).
My hunch is that you were travelling on non-earning fares and are misreading the boarding passes.
romans and Chr04 like this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 8:18 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by yevgeniyv
TK flights were class Y in october which per A3 Should be 100% of miles but credited 0..when i submitted missing miles report it did say that class not earning miles..May be it was recently downgraded?the same with TP class Y fare..Anobody has any experience with TK or TP class y fares to A3???
You need to check the booking class in your booking confirmation , or before purchase in the summary

The Y might just be an internal code for showing the class but its not the final booking class
Old Jan 13, 2022, 8:42 am

Thanks...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.