Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Le Club Accorhotels is changing from 2017.

What we know so far:

Membership year:
- the membership year will change to calendar year, i.e. 1 January - 31 December
- any status achieved in 2016 will be carried forward until 31 December 2017

- there will be a distinction between reward points and the new status points
- status points can only be earned through hotel stays and related expenditure
- status points are not subject to the accelerator and will be earned at a rate of 25 points/ 10 Euro in most cases (12.5 in case of ibis and ibis styles, 10 Adagio and 5 at Adagio Access)
- Points remain valid for life, if an eligible stay is realized in the past 12 months (rolling year)

Status thresholds:
- to account for the lower earning rates of status points threshold for status have been lowered: 2,000 for silver, 7,000 for gold and 14,000 for platinum
- night requirements remain unchanged
- status is dependent on status points or nights, not both

Perks:
- no change

Redemptions:
- no change

The official website: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/new-rules-status.shtml Accorhotels have announced that an official communication to all members will issue around 7 April.

Issues still to be resolved:
- Accor Plus membership
Print Wikipost

New programme details from 2017

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2016, 4:12 am

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
for anyone that not qualify plat in 2017
The best way to extend plat to 2018 is apply accorplus in Dec 2017?
Old Nov 21, 2016, 5:01 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by nongsom
for anyone that not qualify plat in 2017
The best way to extend plat to 2018 is apply accorplus in Dec 2017?
How you can get Platinum by joining AccorPlus in Dec 2017?
Old Nov 21, 2016, 8:02 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
In 2018

Sorry for the rant coming.

All I can say, from January 1st 2018, I expect a lot more.
Plats will be reduced greatly i guess by about 70/80% from that point onwards.

I will be alienated from the program if they offer any more deals for Fairmont members to status match (Hoping this years offer is a 1 time offer only).

Even most Fairmont members I doubt will re-qualify if they take up the 2017 Plat offer especially if they still prefer many of their stays outside the Le club program participating hotels.

If no additional benefits and no better treatment than current then I think i wont bother to try 2019 qualification. Gold would be enough, lounges access will be given with suite stays anyway.

Rant over, just how I feel at the moment after trying to make our up coming stays (in December) "feel welcoming" as possible.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by tris06
All I can say, from January 1st 2018, I expect a lot more.
Plats will be reduced greatly i guess by about 70/80% from that point onwards.
Why would you say that? I expect Plats to increase, at least a bit.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 3:56 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
from January 1st 2018 [...] Plats will be reduced greatly [...]
Originally Posted by stimpy
Why would you say that? I expect Plats to increase
One group of Plats, over-represented on FT, will surely shrink: members whose road to status and renewal has been paved with bonus offers, contests, sweepstakes, "Places" and surveys.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 6:05 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IMH
One group of Plats, over-represented on FT, will surely shrink: members whose road to status and renewal has been paved with bonus offers, contests, sweepstakes, "Places" and surveys.
Are there? I thought most were road warriors, counting Accorhotels as their #1 "go-to" chain and and working hard and spending $$$ to be Plats.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 7:39 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I thought most were road warriors, counting Accorhotels as their #1 "go-to" chain and and working hard and spending $$$ to be Plats.
Joking aside, don't forget that many people, here especially, change their habits over time. My first Accor plastic was a Platinum A|Club card that I did nothing at all to earn. In the past 24 months Accor really has become our No. 1 chain and got around 40% of our hotel nights, enough to comfortably requalify on spend under both the old system and the one that's coming next year.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 8:12 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by IMH
Joking aside, don't forget that many people, here especially, change their habits over time. My first Accor plastic was a Platinum A|Club card that I did nothing at all to earn. In the past 24 months Accor really has become our No. 1 chain and got around 40% of our hotel nights, enough to comfortably requalify on spend under both the old system and the one that's coming next year.
I agree! I'm the first to admit that I jumped onto the Accor bandwagon with one of those "free" Plat signups. But I have since then been fiercely loyal. I have found many of my usual properties improving A LOT, but I don't see the same from Accor IT / how they manage the merger / have poor CS - even though I often see these problems as minor inconveniences, but as a whole it makes things really annoying.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 7:09 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Yeah I did get onto the program with the old Share buying deal which finished about 2 years ago. But boy I did spend far more than I expected and even with the deals for bonus points I was sitting on like 60,000+ well within 12 months.

I don't mind people getting like a status match challenge if it is a 1 off. I let many status matches just go without trying because I would not really move my loyalty at this point.

I also admit it is improving and in Asia overall it does deliver even if I still get some headaches.

My bookings which after 3-4hrs of calls before and after making bookings on the 40% plus breakfast deals 11/11 promotion.

Was able to organise and confirm this so far. (Of course some depends if the hotels are not fully booked at the time of check in.)

3 adults and 1 infant trip.

Hangzhou Sofitel 2 nights: Booked Junior suite - been told I will get prestige suite plus extra bed has no cost. All have access to the lounge. Was not that cheap as couldn't get the 40% on those dates but still its worth it.
Was told West lake is only visible from their top floor bar.

Suzhou Sip Novotel: Booked 2 rooms (1 has lounge benfits included) been told will get 1 level up plus all 3 will be able to use lounge. Not much option for luxury in this city but its new.

Nanjing Sofitel Galaxy Sunning: Booked prestige Suite club room (69m). This was one of the funny ones. I was told by the reservations I would be upgraded to their higher floor Prestige Suite with better views (68m squared).
I said it was no upgrade in my mind. So after talk with the manager on the phone they have already booked me into their bigger suite (govern Suite??) 100m squared.
Plus booked a Superior room for 3rd adult and was told they would try to get a luxury club room on the same floor. So all worked out well there eventually.
Lounge access for all.

Finally Pullman Shanghai Skyway (Central Shanghai Sofitel is a 4 star hotel???) so booked their Studio suite 72m squared and got told they would upgrade me to their Junior suite (72m squared aka Studio suite after asking more questions).

I was told they have a number of Suites:
Deluxe Suite:113m squared
Ruby Suite: 132 m squared
French Suite: 177 m squared

After they realised they were not really offering an upgrade they offered the Deluxe suite for no extra cost. We also kept the option open to get the French suite which is 2 bedroom with a supplementary fee added on top.

Sorry getting a bit off topic but this is why i do stay with Accor because at the end of the day you can get most of the time what you expect.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 7:44 am

Oh.. Do take some pictures of the Pullman Skyway. Absolutely hated it when I stayed there 3+ yrs ago. But they were renovating it at that time so may be better now.
At the time there was a Fendi themed suite on the top floor converted to a lounge. Great views. But that was it.
One floor up was a KTV lounge and they don't have a seperate lift. So you'd have odd characters, their entourage and ladies of the night joining you in the lift. Uggghhh.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 8:21 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I will try to remember to take some. Hopefully with time and the overall program it has improved.

Just i was not satisfied with the central Sofitel being 4 star and really limited facilities. Thats got to be the only 4 Sofitel in the world.

The New Sofitel near the airport hongqiao, I was wanting to try but my wife read the rooms were too new and paint smell from reviews were not good for the baby so we didn't do it. However the staff were willing to offer us a 230m squared suite upgrade from their Prestige suite so I would really want to try it next time.

The other hotels seemed... well average looking 1 more pullman i think and then goes to grand mercure and Novotels.. Oh 1 other Sofitel but its like 25kms outside so ruled that out even though the rooms looked great.

Was twisting my wifes arm to go to Xian but she didnt want to go there while its below zero even though I find it interesting. Would have liked to see if the Sofitel Legend was as good as the other Legends around the world.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:50 pm

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
Originally Posted by lingua101
How you can get Platinum by joining AccorPlus in Dec 2017?
Everyone that qualify platinum in this year will expire in Dec 2017 right?
So I will apply accorplus in Dec 2017 and get accorplus platinum card that expire in Dec 2018 ?
Old Nov 22, 2016, 5:40 pm

The other hotels seemed... well average looking 1 more pullman i think and then goes to grand mercure and Novotels.. Oh 1 other Sofitel but its like 25kms outside so ruled that out even though the rooms looked great.

Was twisting my wifes arm to go to Xian but she didnt want to go there while its below zero even though I find it interesting. Would have liked to see if the Sofitel Legend was as good as the other Legends around the world.
There is always the Sofitel Hyland in the city which I quite enjoy.

The other Sofitel outside is the Sheshan Oriental - stayed there also around 3 years ago. Playground for Shanghainese on weekends. Nice resort style property with artificial beach. Great when the weather is nice. They also have an indoor pool. The Club Millesime was very nice.

Ahh Xian - I am having a tough time convincing my wife too We should throw them together, leave them in Shanghai shopping and go to Xian and explore ourselves! Hahaha
Old Nov 23, 2016, 4:25 am

Programs: All Diamond
Originally Posted by nongsom
Everyone that qualify platinum in this year will expire in Dec 2017 right?
So I will apply accorplus in Dec 2017 and get accorplus platinum card that expire in Dec 2018 ?
No you will only get accor plus membership til Dec 2018 which does not come with platinum benefits !
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by orson_y
wow seems weird to me is that a 10 euro only counts for half the points in ibis/ibis styles compared to the novotels/sofitels. i mean a euro is a euro is a euro.
I've not been paying much attention to the Accor status chase, but now am thinking more about it as we approach 2017, and Plat seems within reach.

I had only been staying in a couple of Ibis hotels, and now have had my first Mercure postings, and I realize the points earning difference is a factor to consider.

Since Ibis only gives half the points, but using each 2000 points for 40 Euros is consistent across the chains, would it be correct to strategize the year as "Use your points first to book Ibis, and then at the others, since the savings will be the same, while the earnings are different for actual cash spend."?

Maybe this has always been the way to look at it, but now that I may expand into more hotels, I want to be sure this is how experienced members understand it.

(Maybe I was protected from error, because the Mercure would not accept points for my discounted weekend booking, and the Ibis would during the weekdays, so that's how I got to explore two new neighborhoods in a week. )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.