Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Le Club Accorhotels is changing from 2017.

What we know so far:

Membership year:
- the membership year will change to calendar year, i.e. 1 January - 31 December
- any status achieved in 2016 will be carried forward until 31 December 2017

- there will be a distinction between reward points and the new status points
- status points can only be earned through hotel stays and related expenditure
- status points are not subject to the accelerator and will be earned at a rate of 25 points/ 10 Euro in most cases (12.5 in case of ibis and ibis styles, 10 Adagio and 5 at Adagio Access)
- Points remain valid for life, if an eligible stay is realized in the past 12 months (rolling year)

Status thresholds:
- to account for the lower earning rates of status points threshold for status have been lowered: 2,000 for silver, 7,000 for gold and 14,000 for platinum
- night requirements remain unchanged
- status is dependent on status points or nights, not both

Perks:
- no change

Redemptions:
- no change

The official website: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/new-rules-status.shtml Accorhotels have announced that an official communication to all members will issue around 7 April.

Issues still to be resolved:
- Accor Plus membership
Print Wikipost

New programme details from 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2017, 3:10 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by jtv84
Hi guys!
New at the forum and as first post I'm looking for some quick help about the new LACH scheme.

I'm 2800- status points away from Platinum and I don't expect any stay in January, so do you know if they'll erase all points before "last round year"? they will only count Feb 16 to Feb 17 and so on? because otherwise the points needed for platinum in march 17 will be higher.
Welcome to FT and the Le Club forum jtv84 ^

Starting 1 January 2017 status will be calculated from 1 Jan- 31 Dec so unfortunately you will need now 14,000 points to get Platinum.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 3:20 am

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
My account is still reading 2016's final tally of 21 nights and 37991 status points. Guess it also hasn't zeroed out for 2017 yet.

Not an Accor Plus member either.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 3:50 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
It looks like Accor IT are still processing the changes. This morning I was showing 52 nights, but now I'm showing 0 - which is strange as i had stays post yesterday for nights since 30/12. I'm also an Accor Plus member.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:13 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I opened the Android App today and when I arrived at my profile Page, I got a pop up saying "The Club Accor changes from 4th January 2017. To see your new balance update the App", with two buttons Update and Cancel.
The update button leads to the Android Play Store, except that the last version available is from 12th December and is updated on my phone.
So it seems the update to see the balance on the App is not even published yet.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by fransknorge
IThe update button leads to the Android Play Store, except that the last version available is from 12th December and is updated on my phone.
So it seems the update to see the balance on the App is not even published yet.
The new version for iOS was released today so I think the Android app will be released soon enough.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: M&M, LACH
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Welcome to FT and the Le Club forum jtv84 ^

Starting 1 January 2017 status will be calculated from 1 Jan- 31 Dec so unfortunately you will need now 14,000 points to get Platinum.
I see... well so the move will not be that soon as I thought. thank you for the info!!!
Old Jan 5, 2017, 11:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Accor, IHG, LH, BAEC, DB
Originally Posted by lkrt
The new version for iOS was released today so I think the Android app will be released soon enough.
Maybe it has been released already. It's conceivable they're using Google Play's staged update rollout.

Anybody on Android got an app update?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 3:27 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
The Android app is out. Quite a nice layout.
Also received the first rewards points this year which were for the late FB Places verifications.
The app also gives you an idea on how many STATUS points you earned in 2016 - so it allows you to gauge how you would do on a similar stay pattern for this year and if would then manage to qualify for your desired status.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Also received the first rewards points this year which were for the late FB Places verifications.
The app also gives you an idea on how many STATUS points you earned in 2016 - so it allows you to gauge how you would do on a similar stay pattern for this year and if would then manage to qualify for your desired status.
The iOS app has also a nice layout and you have very clear information on where you are standing in term of status points and number of nights. This is very well designed, but now they just need to display the correct information. In my case, the counters have been zeroed out for the number of points (I have since that already earned 629 points), but not for the number of nights obviously (screenshot taken from the desktop site)

You mention also the indication of how many status points you earned in 2016. This is indeed a very good idea. However, for me (if I compare to my own spreadsheet), the number of nights is correct, but not the number of points (they show about 1500 less points than my own follow-up).
Attached Images  
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:33 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Goldorak,how did you get 1184 nights for 2016? That seems so odd. Surely 365/366 would be the max.

I am already working out per day and month what I would need to be on to renew. I can keep track how far I am behind and whether its worth making an excuse to go somewhere to catch up.

As I said I will only do it this year as I suspect the program will have changes in 2018 which could have good additional benefits for plats well that's what I am hoping for.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:41 pm

The nights are definitely an error.
But I wonder if there is some basis for that precise number: Could it be the total nights you have had with Accor ever since signing up with the current membership number?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 11:15 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
My status today reads 1203 nights

I've only been a member for 3 or so years, and whilst I achieved platinum based on nights alone over the last 2 years, I've definitely not spent the entire last 3 years at Accor properties
Old Jan 5, 2017, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by jackr27

I've only been a member for 3 or so years, and whilst I achieved platinum based on nights alone over the last 2 years, I've definitely not spent the entire last 3 years at Accor properties
Ahh bugger... then that theory is wrong.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by jackr27

The nights are definitely an error.
But I wonder if there is some basis for that precise number: Could it be the total nights you have had with Accor ever since signing up with the current membership number?
I thought about that initially, but clearly no. It's a bug.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 5:10 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Still no update for me for the Android App. German Play Store if that matters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.