Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Le Club Accorhotels is changing from 2017.

What we know so far:

Membership year:
- the membership year will change to calendar year, i.e. 1 January - 31 December
- any status achieved in 2016 will be carried forward until 31 December 2017

- there will be a distinction between reward points and the new status points
- status points can only be earned through hotel stays and related expenditure
- status points are not subject to the accelerator and will be earned at a rate of 25 points/ 10 Euro in most cases (12.5 in case of ibis and ibis styles, 10 Adagio and 5 at Adagio Access)
- Points remain valid for life, if an eligible stay is realized in the past 12 months (rolling year)

Status thresholds:
- to account for the lower earning rates of status points threshold for status have been lowered: 2,000 for silver, 7,000 for gold and 14,000 for platinum
- night requirements remain unchanged
- status is dependent on status points or nights, not both

Perks:
- no change

Redemptions:
- no change

The official website: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/new-rules-status.shtml Accorhotels have announced that an official communication to all members will issue around 7 April.

Issues still to be resolved:
- Accor Plus membership
Print Wikipost

New programme details from 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I'm not trying any more. I've made some bookings until February 2018 but after that, all my bookings are going to SPG. This will be my last year with Accor. 60 nights or points is too difficult as a leisure traveller. 25 stays with SPG for short leisure trips to more feasible.
lingua101 likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
I'm not trying any more. I've made some bookings until February 2018 but after that, all my bookings are going to SPG. This will be my last year with Accor. 60 nights or points is too difficult as a leisure traveller. 25 stays with SPG for short leisure trips to more feasible.
Likely same here - with my mix of business nights (now harder to justify vs alternatives), opportunistic leisure nights (Accor may still get a few of these, but most will go to IHG or Starwood) and UK weekend nights (now all going elsewhere, RIP Happy Mondays), Accor no longer makes sense to me.

Shame but then I'm hardly the highest value traveller. Going to burn a ton of points over Christmas / New Year I think.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 3:54 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
I was told recently by Accor Plus that when recalculating your new status, that they will take into account points that you have redeemed towards accommodation. Anyone else heard that, or did I just get a newby on the phone that had no idea.

I’m going to either just scrape over requalifying for Platinum, or just miss out (up to 500 points either way) with my last stay being on 31 Dec. but I’ve redeemed a lot of points this year so it’s been harder to requlaify.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 4:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PabloM
I was told recently by Accor Plus that when recalculating your new status, that they will take into account points that you have redeemed towards accommodation. Anyone else heard that, or did I just get a newby on the phone that had no idea.

I’m going to either just scrape over requalifying for Platinum, or just miss out (up to 500 points either way) with my last stay being on 31 Dec. but I’ve redeemed a lot of points this year so it’s been harder to requlaify.
Since LCAH is revenue based. You earn nothing from the stays paid with points.
I do not see what they can do/reduced with the points redeemed though....
Old Oct 30, 2017, 5:12 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum

It will be interesting to see if they give you plat if you are within a certain number of points of 14,000. Or they just may stick with the rules to the letter.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 5:29 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC

Wouldn't you be able to generate the necessary in house spending to get the points you need?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:36 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Wouldn't you be able to generate the necessary in house spending to get the points you need?
I will certainly try, or book another night or two to get over the line, but it’s just being sure of how much I need to spend to get across the line.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:46 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
I will certainly try, or book another night or two to get over the line
Considering you stay at Accor properties so much (you say you had lots of point redemptions but still manage to get super-close to 14k) I'd say a small mattress run or some extra F&B spending is quite the reasonable thing to do.

Better be safe than sorry.
PabloM likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:17 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by .flyer
Considering you stay at Accor properties so much (you say you had lots of point redemptions but still manage to get super-close to 14k) I'd say a small mattress run or some extra F&B spending is quite the reasonable thing to do.

Better be safe than sorry.
Yes though I still find in European hotels or hotels without lounges there is still not enough additional benefits over gold. Okay you get a little more additional bonus points too... But yes if you are that close you might as well get it for another year.
PabloM and sarahluv like this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:54 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
I was told recently [...] that when recalculating your new status, that they will take into account points that you have redeemed towards accommodation.
It's safest by far to assume that this is not how things work. It's certainly not part of the published T&C and redemptions are not reflected in the stats tracking progress towards renewal on the website.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 7:29 pm

At the new terms and conditions, there is soft landing but then, my le club drops to silver after leaving A plus. Any advice?
At the start of each new year, an assessment is made of Eligible Nights completed and Status Points earned by a Member during the previous calendar year:
  • - If, during the previous calendar year, the Member reached one of the thresholds allowing them to maintain their current Status or access a higher Status, they retain that Status for the current calendar year;
  • - If, during the previous calendar year, the Member did not reach one of the thresholds allowing them to maintain their current Status, they will be awarded the Status directly below the one previously held, as indicated on the above scale.
Eligible Nights and Status Points counters are reset to zero on 1st January of each calendar year.

The use of Rewards Points has no effect on keeping or changing a Status.

As a transitional measure, the Status obtained by a Member on 31st December 2016 will be maintained until 31st December 2017, in application of the Status attribution rules on 1st January 2017. Member activity during the calendar year 2016 will not be taken into account for attributing a higher Status to a Member during the calendar year 2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.