Old Mar 31, 16, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Le Club Accorhotels is changing from 2017.

What we know so far:

Membership year:
- the membership year will change to calendar year, i.e. 1 January - 31 December
- any status achieved in 2016 will be carried forward until 31 December 2017

Points:
- there will be a distinction between reward points and the new status points
- status points can only be earned through hotel stays and related expenditure
- status points are not subject to the accelerator and will be earned at a rate of 25 points/ 10 Euro in most cases (12.5 in case of ibis and ibis styles, 10 Adagio and 5 at Adagio Access)
- Points remain valid for life, if an eligible stay is realized in the past 12 months (rolling year)

Status thresholds:
- to account for the lower earning rates of status points threshold for status have been lowered: 2,000 for silver, 7,000 for gold and 14,000 for platinum
- night requirements remain unchanged
- status is dependent on status points or nights, not both

Perks:
- no change

Redemptions:
- no change

The official website: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/new-rules-status.shtml Accorhotels have announced that an official communication to all members will issue around 7 April.

Issues still to be resolved:
- Accor Plus membership
Print Wikipost

New programme details from 2017

Old Jun 1, 16, 8:11 am
  #151  
IMH
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Berlin
Programs: BA Silver; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond; Meli & HH & Marriott & Radisson Gold
Posts: 5,226
I'm not saying it could never happen, Goldorak, but as far as this thread is concerned -- "New programme details from 2017" -- it makes sense to assume that the changes LCAH has announced are in fact the changes that are planned.

They might tweak things, of course. And perhaps in the future we can expect interesting Q4 offers to give people additional reasons to book more Accor stays after they've renewed status.
IMH is offline  
Old Jul 11, 16, 1:33 pm
  #152  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Posts: 627
Hi,

My Platinum status is still showing an expiry of April 2017. Did you anyone in the same position ask Accor about getting the extension to the end of 2017?

Thanks.
wheatbeer is offline  
Old Jul 11, 16, 3:04 pm
  #153  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SYD
Programs: UA PG 1MM - AccorPlus Platinum
Posts: 321
Originally Posted by AndyRobin
Hi,

My Platinum status is still showing an expiry of April 2017. Did you anyone in the same position ask Accor about getting the extension to the end of 2017?

Thanks.
Was that earned with points / nights or via credit card (e.g. AMEX Platinum) ?
M@rcoPolo is offline  
Old Jul 12, 16, 2:40 am
  #154  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Posts: 627
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Was that earned with points / nights or via credit card (e.g. AMEX Platinum) ?
It was from Amex Platinum.
wheatbeer is offline  
Old Jul 12, 16, 5:11 am
  #155  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Australia
Programs: All Diamond
Posts: 408
Currently planning for next years attempt at qualification once again for Platinum. (probably via the nights route ) My question which hopefully someone can clarify is if i book 2 rooms for 2 nights do i actually achieve 4 nights towards the quota of 60 nights / annum or just the 2 ?
Many thanks
sycokid is offline  
Old Jul 12, 16, 5:35 am
  #156  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 396
Originally Posted by sycokid
Currently planning for next years attempt at qualification once again for Platinum. (probably via the nights route ) My question which hopefully someone can clarify is if i book 2 rooms for 2 nights do i actually achieve 4 nights towards the quota of 60 nights / annum or just the 2 ?
Many thanks
Current system is 2 nights, but points for 4 nights
cowism is offline  
Old Jul 13, 16, 6:15 am
  #157  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canary Wharf, London
Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Posts: 2,639
My status, earnt from Amex Platinum now says:

Validity of your status:31/12/2017
chistery is offline  
Old Jul 13, 16, 6:21 am
  #158  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Posts: 627
Originally Posted by chistery
My status, earnt from Amex Platinum now says:

Validity of your status:31/12/2017
Thanks chistery. I also read reports elsewhere of status being extended even though it was earnt from Amex Platinum. I have sent Accor a message to ask if I have been missed in error.
wheatbeer is offline  
Old Jul 13, 16, 3:49 pm
  #159  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SYD
Programs: UA PG 1MM - AccorPlus Platinum
Posts: 321
Originally Posted by AndyRobin
Thanks chistery. I also read reports elsewhere of status being extended even though it was earnt from Amex Platinum. I have sent Accor a message to ask if I have been missed in error.
Mine (Platinum from AMEX) is still showing "Validity of your status: 30/11/2016" even if I earned over 40k points in the last 12 months... on the other hand, friends that also earned Platinum from AMEX but hardly had any stays in the last 12 months already received new cards with status extended to 31/12/17.

It looks like if your "AMEX Platinum" status was expiring in early 2017, then it got automatically extended to 31/12/17, however if it was expiring in 2016 like mine then Accor will probably review my status at expiry date.

Anyone out there had their "AMEX from Platinum" status extended to 31/12/17 if their previous validity ended in 2016?
M@rcoPolo is offline  
Old Jul 14, 16, 3:42 am
  #160  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SYD
Programs: QF WP
Posts: 1,799
Looks like whenever someone gets to a point where the expiry date becomes some time in 2017, it would default to 31 Dec 2017. For those who haven't reached the point where status is reviewed (e.g. already reached renewal levels but has not reached current expiry date), it will remains as 2016 until the review occurs.
Awesom Andy is offline  
Old Jul 19, 16, 10:16 pm
  #161  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2
Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find the answer.

I will re-qualify for Plat status this year with both points and nights and my renewal year ends 30/8/16. I expect after re-qualifying my Plat status will be valid from 1/9/16 - 31/12/17. My question is for re-qualification after 31/12/17 am I correct in assuming only points / nights from 1/1/17 - 31/12/17 will count for re-qualifiaction, and that points / nights between 1/9/16 - 31/12/16 will only count for points and not count for re-qualifiaction?
Tim Footer is offline  
Old Jul 19, 16, 11:04 pm
  #162  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 91
Originally Posted by Tim Footer
My question is for re-qualification after 31/12/17 am I correct in assuming only points / nights from 1/1/17 - 31/12/17 will count for re-qualifiaction, and that points / nights between 1/9/16 - 31/12/16 will only count for points and not count for re-qualifiaction?
On my understanding, yes you are right. In slightly different words, from 2017 there will be two sorts of points, Rewards and Status. Only Status points (or the equivalent nights) will count towards your renewed status in 2018, and you can't start earning those until 2017.
Philodemus is offline  
Old Jul 20, 16, 2:45 am
  #163  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by Philodemus
On my understanding, yes you are right. In slightly different words, from 2017 there will be two sorts of points, Rewards and Status. Only Status points (or the equivalent nights) will count towards your renewed status in 2018, and you can't start earning those until 2017.
I thought so, many thanks.
Tim Footer is offline  
Old Jul 20, 16, 8:25 am
  #164  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Posts: 627
Originally Posted by AndyRobin
Thanks chistery. I also read reports elsewhere of status being extended even though it was earnt from Amex Platinum. I have sent Accor a message to ask if I have been missed in error.
Accor came back to me and apologised for the error and have extended to end of 2017. Sweet!
wheatbeer is offline  
Old Jul 20, 16, 9:24 am
  #165  
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: AUH
Posts: 8,077
My Accor Platinum obtained last year, courtesy of UK Amex Plat, has always read Exp 30/10/2020.

Will this continue to hold, or should I expect a downgrade before then?
stargold is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread