Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Le Club Accorhotels is changing from 2017.

What we know so far:

Membership year:
- the membership year will change to calendar year, i.e. 1 January - 31 December
- any status achieved in 2016 will be carried forward until 31 December 2017

- there will be a distinction between reward points and the new status points
- status points can only be earned through hotel stays and related expenditure
- status points are not subject to the accelerator and will be earned at a rate of 25 points/ 10 Euro in most cases (12.5 in case of ibis and ibis styles, 10 Adagio and 5 at Adagio Access)
- Points remain valid for life, if an eligible stay is realized in the past 12 months (rolling year)

Status thresholds:
- to account for the lower earning rates of status points threshold for status have been lowered: 2,000 for silver, 7,000 for gold and 14,000 for platinum
- night requirements remain unchanged
- status is dependent on status points or nights, not both

Perks:
- no change

Redemptions:
- no change

The official website: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/new-rules-status.shtml Accorhotels have announced that an official communication to all members will issue around 7 April.

Issues still to be resolved:
- Accor Plus membership
Print Wikipost

New programme details from 2017

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:31 pm

Wait -- did I just spot a big "gotcha" here? I'm within a thousand points of Plat for next year, but there's one month to go. On the rolling 12-month system, what if a bunch of December nights and points from last year are about to drop off the tally? If I don't produce a similar or greater volume this December compared to last December, could I get snookered here?

I really haven't been watching my overall tally through the year, so have not noticed if anything drops off, but is this how the Accor system has been working in practice? And is this the "why" of switching to the calendar year, since people have had these disappointments?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:55 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SEAfarer
Since Ibis only gives half the points, but using each 2000 points for 40 Euros is consistent across the chains, would it be correct to [...] "Use your points first to book Ibis [...]
Yes -- and you're right to say that this isn't new. People whose employers pay for their business travel may see things differently, of course, and prefer to spend the points from their Ibis stays on stays at more luxurious properties.

Special offers ("elite experiences" and "dream stays") can be even better ways to use larger points balances.

Wait -- did I just spot a big "gotcha" here? I'm within a thousand points of Plat for next year, but there's one month to go.
The "gotcha" is that Accor's website doesn't make it easy for you to see your progress towards requalification. You'll need to work that out for yourself.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by IMH
Yes -- and you're right to say that this isn't new. People whose employers pay for their business travel may see things differently, of course, and prefer to spend the points from their Ibis stays on stays at more luxurious properties.

Special offers ("elite experiences" and "dream stays") can be even better ways to use larger points balances.

The "gotcha" is that Accor's website doesn't make it easy for you to see your progress towards requalification. You'll need to work that out for yourself.
Yes, and thanks for the tips -- I'll watch for them.

It's just a little shocking -- a system that has (daily) takeaways as well as add-ons. Like a damn PacMan game, eats up your lives if you don't run fast enough.

If this is really what's going on then I have to go over my reservations list again. The calculations I was doing in my head over a couple of beers go out the window.

IHG's promo was through Dec 15, and I've got that covered and was going to focus on Accor through yearend. Now, it's back to price, and where I'd like to be staying. Let the points fall where they will.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by SEAfarer
Yes, and thanks for the tips -- I'll watch for them.

It's just a little shocking -- a system that has (daily) takeaways as well as add-ons. Like a damn PacMan game, eats up your lives if you don't run fast enough.

If this is really what's going on then I have to go over my reservations list again. The calculations I was doing in my head over a couple of beers go out the window.
I, and I assume many of us, keep count manually:

1) Work out when your year began
2) Go to the points history
3) Copy the table from when the year began to today into Excel or whatever
4) Delete all the non-qualifying points activities (i.e. redemptions and redemption refunds for now, though this list wil expand next year...)
5) Sum the rest of the points and nights
6) See how far away you are...
Old Dec 18, 2016, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Quick question : my platinum status was valid until November 2016. I have renewed Platinum at the end of November (and have received the confirmatory e-mail from Le Club). But with the new rules, the qualification period is on the civil year. So does it mean in my case that the December 2016 stays count for nothing in terms of status qualifying points ?
thanks
Old Dec 18, 2016, 11:12 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Quick question : my platinum status was valid until November 2016. I have renewed Platinum at the end of November (and have received the confirmatory e-mail from Le Club). But with the new rules, the qualification period is on the civil year. So does it mean in my case that the December 2016 stays count for nothing in terms of status qualifying points ?
thanks
That is my understanding.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 4:25 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by perthite
That is my understanding.
Mine too, that's why I am burning points this week and next.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 3:05 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Does anyone knows if stays paid with points (or partly paid with points) will count for status ?
Old Dec 27, 2016, 4:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Accor, IHG, LH, BAEC, DB
Originally Posted by nrouxel
Does anyone knows if stays paid with points (or partly paid with points) will count for status ?
Confer new TOC no. 10. (Short answer: if all other conditions are met, you will earn elite-qualifying nights).
Old Dec 28, 2016, 12:36 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Originally Posted by fppmongo
Confer new TOC no. 10. (Short answer: if all other conditions are met, you will earn elite-qualifying nights).
Thanks.
I wasn't looking theright paragraph

Old Dec 30, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: Qantas; Virgin Australia; Le Club Accor; Marriott
I apologise if this question has been asked before, I will finish the Calender year on around 24,000 points which were earnt in the last 6 months. In line with the current system I will have another 6 months to earn the remainder however will this be different with the new system?
Old Dec 30, 2016, 9:54 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Waz22
I apologise if this question has been asked before, I will finish the Calender year on around 24,000 points which were earnt in the last 6 months. In line with the current system I will have another 6 months to earn the remainder however will this be different with the new system?
No. Under the new system you will start with 0 on the 1/1/2017 in calculating your status.
You will of course get to keep your 24,000points which you have earned so far, but they will not count towards status.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 7:44 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Tara tara! Finally, months after my own spreadsheet told me I had requalified, the LCAH website is showing my Platinum status as being valid until 31 December 2017.

Maybe I'll also now get a new card.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 3:56 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by IMH
Maybe I'll also now get a new card.
I think you need to request for one on the website. I didn't get one last year until I did that.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 6:12 pm

Programs: NZ Koru, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Awesom Andy
I think you need to request for one on the website. I didn't get one last year until I did that.
I didn't get a Gold card, yet when I requested a Platinum card, I had 2 turn up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.