Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Le Club Accorhotels is changing from 2017.

What we know so far:

Membership year:
- the membership year will change to calendar year, i.e. 1 January - 31 December
- any status achieved in 2016 will be carried forward until 31 December 2017

- there will be a distinction between reward points and the new status points
- status points can only be earned through hotel stays and related expenditure
- status points are not subject to the accelerator and will be earned at a rate of 25 points/ 10 Euro in most cases (12.5 in case of ibis and ibis styles, 10 Adagio and 5 at Adagio Access)
- Points remain valid for life, if an eligible stay is realized in the past 12 months (rolling year)

Status thresholds:
- to account for the lower earning rates of status points threshold for status have been lowered: 2,000 for silver, 7,000 for gold and 14,000 for platinum
- night requirements remain unchanged
- status is dependent on status points or nights, not both

Perks:
- no change

Redemptions:
- no change

The official website: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/new-rules-status.shtml Accorhotels have announced that an official communication to all members will issue around 7 April.

Issues still to be resolved:
- Accor Plus membership
Print Wikipost

New programme details from 2017

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2016, 6:48 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
The cheapest option to renew/achieve platinum would probable be this: book two months, i.e. 60 nights, in some cheap Ibis, in Bangkok for example. If nightly rate is 30€, price for the platinum membership would be 1800€. Just check in and go back to check out after two months. Have to add of course 2 x flight tickets on top of that 1800€.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it stops accruing after 30 nights per booking.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 7:28 pm

i'm 500 points shy of gold status.

is it currently cumulative? ie lets say i use 6000 points to reduce my next hotel stay price but i earn more than 500 points. will that one stay (less than 30 required for gold) but cumulative over 10k points grant me gold status even though i have used 6000 points redemption?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 8:27 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dai.Lo

is it currently cumulative? ie lets say i use 6000 points to reduce my next hotel stay price but i earn more than 500 points. will that one stay (less than 30 required for gold) but cumulative over 10k points grant me gold status even though i have used 6000 points redemption?
You asked in a complicated manner but yes, it's cumulative. Redemption doesn't influence earnings.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by Dai.Lo

Just a reminder, only cash portion of your stay that generate points.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:01 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by esp
2017 re-quali is gonna be a tough mother-fukka.

Right now, platinum is easy: Given all the bonus point options available, it is achievable by spending ~3k EUR at Accor hotels. In 2017, the lowest amount for platinum is 5,600 EUR. (That is, unless you manage to stay 60+ nights at Accor properties in '17 at an average nightly rate of <93.33 EUR.)
With all the different hotel tiers it will be hard to please everyone. As it is, they can give out Plat to someone who ends up staying ~4nights at a Raffles property.

Last edited by gilbertaue; Aug 16, 2016 at 10:17 pm
Old Aug 17, 2016, 2:25 am
esp
Suspended

The cheapest option to renew/achieve platinum would probable be this: book two months, i.e. 60 nights, in some cheap Ibis, in Bangkok for example. If nightly rate is 30€, price for the platinum membership would be 1800€.
Sure, that was implied by what I wrote. If you manage to stay 60 nights at some cheap property, you'll still get plat.

The thing is, I suppose that would involve mattress running for some of us. (I don't even think Bangkok would be cheapest, probably stays in an Asian country less-developed than Thailand or in some of the poorer Eastern European countries would yield even lower rates.)

I guess I'm trying to think what the new program changes mean for my elite strategy in 2017. This year, I'll make plat simply by registering for promos. My employer won't pay for anything better than Mercure or Novotel, but with 35ish nights or so, I'll still make plat by virtue of the bonus point promos.

With the same number of Accor nights next year, I'll make Gold, but just barely. I will hit plat at Accor for the first time this year, so I kind of look forward to enjoying the status next year. But 2018 will be a disaster
Old Aug 17, 2016, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
I'll possibly drop to Gold in 2017 (my year ends in November and I'm not sure I can be bothered to hit Plat renewal) and almost certainly in 2018. Other than the executive lounge, which affects me in maybe a quarter of my stays, and the reduction in redemption earning, I am not sure I'll lose that much at all.

Happy Mondays are great for boosting the night count. I hope they don't disappear.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 2:40 am

The cheapest option to renew/achieve platinum would probable be this: book two months, i.e. 60 nights, in some cheap Ibis, in Bangkok for example. If nightly rate is 30€, price for the platinum membership would be 1800€. Just check in and go back to check out after two months. Have to add of course 2 x flight tickets on top of that 1800€.
Check the Hotels in Bali or Jakarta. Some are between 20-30 USD per Night.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
You asked in a complicated manner but yes, it's cumulative. Redemption doesn't influence earnings.
lol thanks
Old Aug 17, 2016, 10:51 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
I do like plat membership, but i think there is just not enough incentive to excuse yourself to spend more to get it.

I think I could just qualify for Gold in 2018 but thats about it.

If I want plat i would need to make an excuse. But yeah I can book rooms with lounge benifits already and I usually do as I like to get suites.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 7:18 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Here's some AccorPlus details.

Bit of a mix on the status levels with calendar years and your membership date bioth possiblt having an effect

https://www.accorplus.com/leclub

If you are upgraded to Gold in the same year that you join Accor Plus, your Gold status would be retained for another year at the time of renewal.
Any higher status acquired during the previous calendar year or at the beginning of the current year of renewal will be retained at Accor Plus renewal time.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 9:16 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by perthite
Here's some AccorPlus details.

Bit of a mix on the status levels with calendar years and your membership date bioth possiblt having an effect

https://www.accorplus.com/leclub
You may have read the email that came today from A+ on the new LCAH program qualifications etc.
That email just pi**ed me off as instead of addressing A+ in this while arrangement, they basically just repeat what we already know.

I took the email, forwarded it to my A+ program manager and told him that it was a complete useless email. I have him some suggestions on what they should actually be sending out. I wonder if he caught my drift...
Old Aug 19, 2016, 6:38 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
You may have read the email that came today from A+ on the new LCAH program qualifications etc.
That email just pi**ed me off as instead of addressing A+ in this while arrangement, they basically just repeat what we already know.

I took the email, forwarded it to my A+ program manager and told him that it was a complete useless email. I have him some suggestions on what they should actually be sending out. I wonder if he caught my drift...
The thing is, I had never seen anything that said how the status determination would work in A+, given the membership years are not calendar year based. So while there was a lot of 'nothing new' in the email, they finally did address that issue.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA PG 1MM - AccorPlus Platinum
Originally Posted by perthite
The thing is, I had never seen anything that said how the status determination would work in A+, given the membership years are not calendar year based. So while there was a lot of 'nothing new' in the email, they finally did address that issue.
Agree - very frustrating especially if you are A+ and already Platinum (my case) there's nothing to clarify what's going to happen at renewal time HOWEVER if you watch the video at https://www.accorplus.com/leclub it says:

Your new tier will be based on Status Points earned during one of two periods
1. Your current membership year
AND
2. The previous calendar year
The highest number of Status Points earned during one of these two periods will determine your new tier.

So basically, say your A+ membership expires at the end of October 2019, then they will look at the period 1/1/18 to 31/12/18 AND at the period 1/11/18 to 31/10/19 and in order to retain platinum you need to have earned at least 14,000 Status Points during at least one of the above periods.

Very confusing but theoretically giving an edge compared to non-A+ memberships that will only be measured based on the 1/1 to 31/12 period.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 9:10 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Very confusing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.