Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Le Club Accorhotels is changing from 2017.

What we know so far:

Membership year:
- the membership year will change to calendar year, i.e. 1 January - 31 December
- any status achieved in 2016 will be carried forward until 31 December 2017

- there will be a distinction between reward points and the new status points
- status points can only be earned through hotel stays and related expenditure
- status points are not subject to the accelerator and will be earned at a rate of 25 points/ 10 Euro in most cases (12.5 in case of ibis and ibis styles, 10 Adagio and 5 at Adagio Access)
- Points remain valid for life, if an eligible stay is realized in the past 12 months (rolling year)

Status thresholds:
- to account for the lower earning rates of status points threshold for status have been lowered: 2,000 for silver, 7,000 for gold and 14,000 for platinum
- night requirements remain unchanged
- status is dependent on status points or nights, not both

Perks:
- no change

Redemptions:
- no change

The official website: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/new-rules-status.shtml Accorhotels have announced that an official communication to all members will issue around 7 April.

Issues still to be resolved:
- Accor Plus membership
Print Wikipost

New programme details from 2017

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2016, 7:24 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
You may have read the email that came today from A+ on the new LCAH program qualifications etc.
That email just pi**ed me off as instead of addressing A+ in this while arrangement, they basically just repeat what we already know.

I took the email, forwarded it to my A+ program manager and told him that it was a complete useless email. I have him some suggestions on what they should actually be sending out. I wonder if he caught my drift...
Gilbertaue, I think from the email, they told us, if in 2017 we get to higher level like Gold or Platinum, then this status will be valid until the renewal in 2019 right.

What not clear to me, since I will be Platinum in 2017 ( I suppose I will get platinum when I renew my card next month), does this mean I will remain Platinum until my renewal in September 2019?
Old Aug 20, 2016, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by M@rcoPolo
Agree - very frustrating especially if you are A+ and already Platinum (my case) there's nothing to clarify what's going to happen at renewal time HOWEVER if you watch the video at https://www.accorplus.com/leclub it says:

Your new tier will be based on Status Points earned during one of two periods
1. Your current membership year
AND
2. The previous calendar year
The highest number of Status Points earned during one of these two periods will determine your new tier.

So basically, say your A+ membership expires at the end of October 2019, then they will look at the period 1/1/18 to 31/12/18 AND at the period 1/11/18 to 31/10/19 and in order to retain platinum you need to have earned at least 14,000 Status Points during at least one of the above periods.

Very confusing but theoretically giving an edge compared to non-A+ memberships that will only be measured based on the 1/1 to 31/12 period.
You fastforward too much.

What will happen in October 2017? Assuming you are Platinum which mean You cannot get any higher status. So on October 2017 you will still be Platinum until 30.09.18.

What will happen in October 2018? Depends on 01.01.17- 31.12.17 or 1.10.17-30.9.17?
Old Aug 21, 2016, 4:14 am

Programs: UA PG 1MM - AccorPlus Platinum
Originally Posted by lingua101
What will happen in October 2017? Assuming you are Platinum which mean You cannot get any higher status. So on October 2017 you will still be Platinum until 30.09.18.
This is still a mystery to me - theoretically your Platinum membership will last until 31/12/17 anyway as indicated in their email about the "transition year" but then again perhaps this does not apply to A+ and therefore the same rule as indicated below also applies for membership expiring during 2017

What will happen in October 2018? Depends on 01.01.17- 31.12.17 or 1.10.17-30.9.17?
This one is spelled out in the video... The highest number of Status Points earned during one of these two periods (01.01.17- 31.12.17 & 1.10.17-30.9.18) will determine your new tier.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by M@rcoPolo
This is still a mystery to me - theoretically your Platinum membership will last until 31/12/17 anyway as indicated in their email about the "transition year" but then again perhaps this does not apply to A+ and therefore the same rule as indicated below also applies for membership expiring during 2017
I think this is the more important right. What will happen in October 2017 (or any month in 2017) when your renewal come.

Technically speaking they should let A+ member skip the worry of this until October 2018 and then 2017 calendar year (1-Jan to 31-Dec-2017) or 365 up to membership renewal status qualification should kick off.

I think this is the fairest for A+ and hence reiterate the "benefit" of being A+ member, i.e. your current status will stay until your next renewal after Dec 2017.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 2:29 am

Programs: BA Go | CX Sl | CZ SL | Accor Plat | SPG Gold
i'm also an A+ member and just re qualified for platinum yesterday but as my A+ Renewel is in January its states my status is valid only until 31.01.2017 which is of course not fair for A+ members.

I also think Accor should do something about it as A+ members are even paying members and should be treated at least equal to non A+ members.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by DGMAX
i'm also an A+ member and just re qualified for platinum yesterday but as my A+ Renewel is in January its states my status is valid only until 31.01.2017 which is of course not fair for A+ members.

I also think Accor should do something about it as A+ members are even paying members and should be treated at least equal to non A+ members.
so your APlus renewal is every Jan?

My bet, for Aplus member, we can skip 2017. If we are Platinum, we will still carry that Platinum until the renewal in 2018. Then the cycle will kick in. Either 1-Jan-2017 to 31-Dec-2017 or 365 days before your renewal.

This will be inline with Dino's email, as he said any higher status attain during 2017 will be carry forward until the renewal in 2018.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 2:41 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
My bet, for Aplus member, we can skip 2017. If we are Platinum, we will still carry that Platinum until the renewal in 2018.
Doesn't seem to be the case for me... My Accor Plus membership ends December 31, and last December they just adjusted my Platinum qualification period to Jan-Dec. So my platinum status is only good until Dec 31, 2016
Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:26 am

so your APlus renewal is every Jan?

My bet, for Aplus member, we can skip 2017. If we are Platinum, we will still carry that Platinum until the renewal in 2018. Then the cycle will kick in. Either 1-Jan-2017 to 31-Dec-2017 or 365 days before your renewal.

This will be inline with Dino's email, as he said any higher status attain during 2017 will be carry forward until the renewal in 2018.
This is the answer I got from Singapore Service Desk
If you renew your Accor Plus Membership in September 2016 and your Accor Plus Platinum Status will be until September 2017. Come, September 2017, the status will be depend on the new requirement from Le Club Accohotels status required back date to 365 days. If you meet the requirement under your status points, then when you renew in September 2017, your status will be platinum until September 2018.
So I do not see any value being Accor Plus member, as if I am not APlus member, then my platinum status should valid until Dec 2017.

Also when I asked how much points I got to date, there is almost 2000 points discrepancies from my manual calculation. My calculation shows 25,716 with 24 nights (which match with what shown on the website), but they told me I only have 23,501 points with only 17 nights.

Not sure why there is big gap and this will make a lot of different.

I guess it is time to write to Dino
Old Aug 30, 2016, 4:17 am

This is the answer I got from Singapore Service Desk

So I do not see any value being Accor Plus member, as if I am not APlus member, then my platinum status should valid until Dec 2017.

Also when I asked how much points I got to date, there is almost 2000 points discrepancies from my manual calculation. My calculation shows 25,716 with 24 nights (which match with what shown on the website), but they told me I only have 23,501 points with only 17 nights.

Not sure why there is big gap and this will make a lot of different.

I guess it is time to write to Dino
I sent email to Dino but I still haven't got any reply from him. May be the email never reach him.

Anyway, the more I think the more I think it is impossible for AccorPlus member to be evaluated from their renewal month in 2016 to 2017. In May case Sep-2016 to Aug-2017. Because the new system will only come in 1-Jan-2017. Then how they evaluate From Sep-2016 to Dec-2016? Old way or new Way?

If they evaluate base on 1-Jan-2017 to 31-Aug-2017 (i.e. renewal month - 1 day), then this is also not fair, especially for those people with the renewal toward the beginning of the year.

Hence, I think they will be no choice but letting us to have the same status on the renewal date in 2017. However, I guess they cannot make it official or they are still thinking....

Anyway, the good thing, I was told, they are developing on way to show the elite point come 1-Jan-2017. I told them, they better cover different time period for Accor Plus also.

BTW, the spreadsheet used for my point calculation seems promosing.

Old Sep 26, 2016, 2:57 am

I'd like to ask for your opinion about future of Ibis Business Card. Considering new (restrictive) rules regarding reaching different statuses at LCAH, I wonder if instant gold on basis of Ibis Business Card will be still available in 2017?

I think, it would be irrational (from Accor's point of view) to introduce new rules to the loyalty program, which demand from guests much more in order to get higher status, and to give at the same time gold to everyone who buys this card for quite low price.

I'm trying to become LCAH gold this year. If I'm not successful, the easiest alternative is to buy Ibis Card. The later I do it, the longer my status will last. I'm afraid however that the most important benefit of this card (gold at LCAH) will disappear in 2017. In such case, perhaps it's better to buy it this year?
Old Sep 26, 2016, 5:38 am
esp
Suspended

Where are you located? Where I'm at (DE), the ibis business card is a big no-no. If you use the card, you won't be eligible for cashback. The cashback you forgo is approximately equal to the extra rebate you get by using the card, making the card unattractive financially.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 12:21 pm

Programs: Accor Gold
Originally Posted by tropikey
I'd like to ask for your opinion about future of Ibis Business Card. Considering new (restrictive) rules regarding reaching different statuses at LCAH, I wonder if instant gold on basis of Ibis Business Card will be still available in 2017?

I think, it would be irrational (from Accor's point of view) to introduce new rules to the loyalty program, which demand from guests much more in order to get higher status, and to give at the same time gold to everyone who buys this card for quite low price.

I'm trying to become LCAH gold this year. If I'm not successful, the easiest alternative is to buy Ibis Card. The later I do it, the longer my status will last. I'm afraid however that the most important benefit of this card (gold at LCAH) will disappear in 2017. In such case, perhaps it's better to buy it this year?
I have the same question, I want it because GOLD in LCAH and not for the ibis benefits
Old Sep 26, 2016, 1:59 pm
esp
Suspended

Originally Posted by Pierre09
I have the same question, I want it because GOLD in LCAH and not for the ibis benefits
The thing is that you can get gold by staying around 15 nights in economy to mid-scale Accor brands. (Of course, this is assuming you make use of the bonus points offers and perhaps check into Places or do a survey here and there.) If you stay in more premium brands such as sofitel, gold should be doable with substantially fewer than 15 nights.

Now, if you only visit Accor hotels sporadically, how much is a purchased gold status really worth to you? Note that gold in economy and mid-scale brands isn't particularly valuable. A welcome drink may very well be the only perk you get. E.g., ibis frequently is limited to one room category so that an upgrade is not possible. In a Novotel, a room upgrade to an executive room means an identical room except for a bathrobe, a (modest) free mini bar, and a nespresso machine. How much is that upgrade worth? 10$, maaaybe 20$? (Also consider gold status won't get you that upgrade 100% of the time.)

Again, since you stay in Accor properties so infrequently such that you won't make gold via points, are the perks worth the price of the ibis business card? It's basic math, number of stays/nights times the value of the perks per stay/night.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: QR Silver, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tropikey

I did buy the IBIS Card in July 16. Just had a look at my Accor Account and my Gold Card is valid till 12.2017.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I am still confused about the Accor Plus renewal issue. If my membership was renewed as Accor Plus Platinum in August 2016, then my Platinum status is valid until August 2017 (that's what my card says)

So:

If the status at my renewal time still according to the previous 365 days? If so, then how does that work with points earned from new until January 2017. Do only status points count (under new system) even though it's still 2016? Will it be a combination of both? Can bonus points count now towards that total? I'm confused and that's why I haven't bothered booking any Accor hotels recently. And is it a waste of time with the 4 x 2 nights 10,000 points promotion - would they count for status at renewal time?

Can anyone clarify this?!

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.