Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club des Actionnaires Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2019, 1:40 pm

Anyone bought 1 registered stock lately? Wondering if it can be done easier than calling SG etc.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by larceny
I just wanted to pass along my hassle-free experience.

9:00am yesterday -- Bought 50 shares through Fidelity
9:30am yesterday -- Completed online form to join AccorHotels Shareholder Club (and received immediate email confirming request)
6:00am today -- Emailed trade confirmation as proof of ownership
7:00am today -- Received email confirming my status had been updated to gold status (my online account states status is good through 12/31/2020)
I am getting zero replies after a whole month. Do you have a different email address to send to?
Old Jan 17, 2020, 12:51 am

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Anyone confirm if they are able to renew their Gold status in latter years by resubmitting proof of 50 shares ownership again?
Old Jan 17, 2020, 1:20 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JordanWalker
Anyone confirm if they are able to renew their Gold status [...] by resubmitting proof of 50 shares ownership [...]?
No. That's not how it works now. It's a one-time 'taster' of Gold status. See the post above from generikz (# 443). Updated for ALL, the T&C state:

Originally Posted by Club des Actionnaires
New members [... are ...] entitled to a new ALL - Accor Live Limitless Gold card.
[...]
The [...] Gold card is valid until December 31 of the year after the year of subscription. Card holders who meet the conditions required (minimum of 30 nights in a hotel per year or 7,000 bonus points earned over the past year) are eligible for Gold membership status for a further 12 months (365 days). Card holders who do not meet these conditions are eligible for the status that corresponds to their stays and expenditure [...]
In the old days, continuing to hold shares brought continuing Platinum status. Those days have gone.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:51 am

Programs: AA Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SGSANDWICH
I am getting zero replies after a whole month. Do you have a different email address to send to?
I sent to [email protected] and the reply came from [email protected].
Old Jan 24, 2020, 5:46 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Any option to restore Gold status through club des actionnaires ?

I was Gold 3 years ago this way but I didn't manage to stay a single night so I soft landed to silver then classic.

No way they can bring me back to Gold if I submit a new request ?
Old Jan 24, 2020, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by IstKong
No way they can bring me back to Gold if I submit a new request ?
Why would they ?
Old Jan 24, 2020, 4:08 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Maybe if you sell all your shares, and then buy them again ? or it may just be easier to spend about the same price as a couple of shares on the Ibis Gold Card and have no hassle.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hotel_user
Maybe if you sell all your shares, and then buy them again ? or it may just be easier to spend about the same price as a couple of shares on the Ibis Gold Card and have no hassle.
Reads to me that Gold status is only valid once every five years.
Membership renewal does not entitle members to a new ALL - Accor Live Limitless Gold loyalty card before the fifth bygone year following the previous membership.
https://group.accor.com/en/investors...lub-membership
Old May 15, 2020, 1:05 pm

Programs: united, american
ACRFS same as AC.PA?

My broker wants to know if they can purchase ACRFS on the NY stock exchange (vs. AC.PA on Paris). She says it IS NOT and ADR. I have written accor x 2 and the emails I found here with no response over a recent 2+ week period with no response. Has anyone purchased ACRFS and been able to receive Gold level status? Thank you.
ACRFS
Old May 16, 2020, 1:14 am
IMH

Originally Posted by dbfact
My broker wants to know if they can purchase ACRFS on the NY stock exchange (vs. AC.PA on Paris).
Normally, one would expect a broker to know these things and tell you.

From a US perspective, ACRFF is a "pink sheet" or "over the counter" stock. You should be able to buy it through any US brokerage, but trading volume is typically low -- meaning that liquidity is lower and pricing usually less favourable (to you) than if you were trading on a European exchange.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/ACRFF
https://www.otcmarkets.com/stock/ACRFF/overview

Some (many) US brokerages will let you buy and sell on European exchanges. I held AC.PA in a Fidelity account a few years ago, for example. The trading costs were higher than for securities traded in the US, but not prohibitive.
Old May 16, 2020, 4:56 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Why would you wish to buy at the moment. It has dropped over half its value since December.

Ok, I am second guessing you. But if it is to obtain the "gold" status it does not look like a good investment. There may well be a "dead cat bounce" in value soon though, as "cure" for Covid is announced. But they way Accor have treated their customers over refunds, it will take a long time to re build brand loyalty.

I am not giving any advice, or offering an opinion that is not my own. I am not a broker. I hold no shares in Accor.

It has fallen like most companies in the hospitality arena, and there is good underlying value, but they ( Accor ) have thrown out the customer loyalty part. There are few hotels, but a big pile of cash and management fees that are not being generated. ( no one staying in the hotels )

Ok, if you have a few € not doing much , and want to take a punt. Go for it. I wish you luck. ( Hopefully I will look back on this post in a few years and say - why - oh why did I not buy .... )

More info here.

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/...4ZZEUREQS.html
Old May 18, 2020, 1:35 pm

Hi - Wanted to let you know I just received the response from Accor (it took about 3 weeks, I emailed a second time when I hadn't heard after 2 weeks):
The response came from this email address: [email protected]nk you for your email.

You can indeed buy Accor shares on the NY Stock Exchange.

To be eligible to apply to the Shareholders’ Club, you would need to buy at least 50 of them.

Best regards,

Financial communication team
Old May 19, 2020, 1:02 am
IMH

Originally Posted by [email protected]
You can indeed buy Accor shares on the NY Stock Exchange.
I'd love to know how they think that's possible.
Old May 19, 2020, 12:00 pm

I assumed they were referring to the call letters in my post above (ACRFF). That was why I emailed them in the first place, as it was noted previously here that ADRs do not qualify. I hope my broker will just buy the AC.PA shares due to the liquidity issues noted above. I'm thinking the shares will drop more, then hope to pick up 50.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.