FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - An open question to moderators RE: this United consolidated forum
Old Mar 4, 2012, 2:29 pm
Strom

Programs: UA/CO 1K, AA Gold, SPG PP, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
Part of our decision will hinge on when the UA/CO airline operations are truly combined and seamless.
Hmm ... it feels like we're going in circles, with moderators continually restating the theory justifying the original reason for three forums. Forget the theory, for a moment (which was totally valid 12 months ago, and only barely valid last week) -- the reality on the ground is that it's confusing to have 3 places to go that are all actively discussing the same topics. It's actually making it harder for readers to navigate our way through this time of merger.

You must spend quite a bit of time in the UA sub-forum, so you can see that virtually every single topic is also being discussed in the UA MP (Consolidated) forum. It's a bit of a joke.

It's now March 4 -- please emulate the DL/NW forum asap, or start AGGRESSIVELY moving newly-created generic threads into the Consolidated forum, where they belong.

To make this more concrete, here's a list (from the first page alone), of active threads still sitting in the PMUA sub-forum that are in no way specific to PMUA:

- what's the current order for upgrade priority?
- What are the new codes for award/upgrade inventory
- Problems with United Website?
- Experiences on Day 1 -- the New United.com
- Book/Waitlist NC Now or Wait for Until After 3 March Integration?
- If I dont have 128 encryption and a strong cipher, am I screwed?
- What's the latest on extending "2013" GPUs?
- My MP Choices Program Summary is ZERO
- Can I use 2 accounts to pay for trip?

The PMCO sub-forum is no better (although I'm sympathetic to the group that may feel like they're losing their home):

- Wifi / Power Outlets on UA 737-800?
- 1K Buy-Up to F | You win SMI/J. But only this time.
- CO 737-800 seat back TVs?

I can go on... but as long as people can still post in old threads (pics of UA airplanes, reminiscing about days of CO gone by, etc.), I just don't feel like there's any reason to keep letting new threads be created.

Last edited by Strom; Mar 4, 2012 at 7:12 pm Reason: Added specific threads