Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

what's the current order for upgrade priority?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2011, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

I've tried searching, can't find the answer. Figure one of you would know.

I requested to use miles for an upgrade on an upcoming flight (ORD-PWM). The chances of UDU coming through are about zero (there is ONE seat in F remaining, and we're two weeks out from the flight). The flight booked into E.

So, what's the current order for upgrade priority.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Currently, it's setup to go my Status>Fare Class>Time added to the DM list. In 2012, a 1P using miles for ORD-PWM would trump a 1K hoping for UDU on the same flight.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 5:54 pm

Determining Factors (in order) for Upgrade

I know that status is the first determining factor, but it seems beyond that they do not look at who within 1p, for example, has more miles or segments. Can anyone give me the factors (in order) for an upgrade from economy to business or first? I assume that fare code is in there and believe I even read how early you check in helps, but am not sure.
Thank you for your knowledge.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:16 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!, mfeltz
Originally Posted by mfeltz
I know that status is the first determining factor, but it seems beyond that they do not look at who within 1p, for example, has more miles or segments. ...
present RDMs or EQMs are not a factor (although some agents think it does)

Originally Posted by mfeltz
... Can anyone give me the factors (in order) for an upgrade from economy to business or first? I assume that fare code is in there and believe I even read how early you check in helps, but am not sure.
Thank you for your knowledge.
for 2011 UA, it is status, fare code, time on the list

for 2012, see Upgrade benefits in the 2012 MileagePlus program.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA GS
2012 Upgrade Priority

Is the new methodology for prioritizing upgrades in effect as of January 1st or will this process become effect after the systems are integrated in the later part of the first quarter?

Upgrade benefits in the 2012 MileagePlus program.

Last edited by LAXOGG; Jan 4, 2012 at 6:45 pm
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
Is the new methodology for prioritizing upgrades in effect as of January 1st or will this process become effect after the systems are integrated in the later part of the first quarter? ....
Since the 2012 status levels and system merger will not occur until "late Q1 2012", it appears everything will status quo (2011 rules) until then.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
When an instrument (RPU) is applied from a 1K's account to the recipient, is the status part of the waitlist based on sponsor or recipient?
Old Mar 4, 2012, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by HansGolden
When an instrument (RPU) is applied from a 1K's account to the recipient, is the status part of the waitlist based on sponsor or recipient?
Upgrade confirmation priority
All travelers on waitlisted Global Premier Upgrades, Regional Premier Upgrades, and MileagePlus Upgrade Awards: Sorted by Premier status of the redeeming account, then fare class and time of request

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.