Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Experiences on Day 1 -- the New United.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2012, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS

I didn't see any thread yet on this. I logged into the new United.com (essentially the old Continental.com) this morning. I found all my itineraries (with new locators) and they were all there. My status was correct and all my SWU & CR-1 were there correctly--although they are called Global Premier Upgrades & Regional Premier Upgrades.

I was able to confirm a schedule change instantly -- thank you! No more calls to UA.

I was able to also instantly confirm upgrades using a choice of miles, RPUs or GPUs on a domestic and international mixed UA / CO flights.

Problems -- my mileage plus balance is totally wrong. I only shows my OP balance--so I'm missing all my UA miles (350k +)! I assume this is being worked on.

Also, the system forced me to pull all the upgrades or miles from one single account (there were 3 of us on the itinerary). Is this a limitation of SHARES?

Overall, the change is pretty good. Fewer calls for me to UA. Now hopefully, they'll fix my mileage balance

How are others finding the new United.com?

Last edited by sfonorth; Mar 3, 2012 at 6:56 am Reason: clarification of note.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 6:57 am

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
UA Insider has posted that they are still working to get a few things lined out, like having all the miles show up. All of mine show up, and I had about an equal number on CO and UA, but under certain circumstances the transfer isn't showing up yet, but will soon.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just changed my login and pw to my PMUA MP# and p/w.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UNITED959
I just changed my login and pw to my PMUA MP# and p/w.
According to the reminder thread (I think), you PMUA password was always going to be the surviving one, with the specification that it would now be case-sensitive (who knew that it wasn't before?).
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: Fomerly UA 1K, now Gold... next year, who knows?
Originally Posted by sfonorth
Problems -- my mileage plus balance is totally wrong. I only shows my OP balance--so I'm missing all my UA miles (350k +)! I assume this is being worked on.
Same here, with < 50,000 OP miles and > 1mm MP miles.

One thing I don't like is viewing the summary of all my reservations, currently 4 PS segments, all of which have upgrades wait listed. Under the old .bomb, it would display 2 lines for each reservation, and if it dropped to one, I knew an upgrade had cleared.

I check my profile, and I'm set up to receive an email if/when a complimentary upgrade clears... I wonder if I will get an email if an upgrade clears using CR1, miles, SWU?

I also tested a "dummy" booking using miles. Does anyone know if expert mode is going to survive this transition? I can't figure out how to get the display of fare buckets working.

I was 1P yesterday, but P Gold today. When I do a dummy booking using miles, the PS exit rows 5 & 9 do not appear as available seats, however if I do a dummy booking for cash, the PS exit row seats are available.

One thing I do like is being able to see the entire 3 class seating chart, rather than only 1 cabin at a time. I suppose eventually I will get accustomed to the CO left-to-right orientation, but my eyes prefer to UA top-to-bottom orientation still.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Phil Level

I also tested a "dummy" booking using miles. Does anyone know if expert mode is going to survive this transition? I can't figure out how to get the display of fare buckets working.

It's not needed, any dummy revenue booking will show you all the fare buckets including upgrade and award
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:25 am

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Regarding Expert Mode:

After searching for flights, click on "Fare Class" (should be a link by each flight), and it will come up.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:35 am

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Plenty of issues, all relatively minor.

My GS account shows expiration date, no MM status.
Colleague's GS account shows MM status, no expiration date.

No UA miles yet (expected).

Can't pull things up by UA confirmation number.

Can't pull things up by ticket number (this is a significant limitation and really offensive).
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:39 am

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sfonorth
Same with me. Missing all of my PMUA RDM miles, although when I went into the UAMP history link, all of my miles and activity was there. Upgrades seem to have been transferred properly.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Incorrect MP balance

After exploring the site a little bit more, noticed on the "My account" link in the top right corner, there is a tab for " Mileage Plus History" next to a "One Pass History". The MP history tab does show all my MP miles balance correctly and all the historic data.

At least that info survived the transition. It's just the total miles doesn't add the MP & OP balances together yet.

Also noticed that I could log in using my MP # and password. On the hub page it says this will work only for "a short period of time" but why don't they leave this feature intact to save everyone the hassle?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SFOTurtle
Same with me. Missing all of my PMUA RDM miles. Upgrades were transferred properly.
If you had read the first thread on the combined forum, you'd see UA Insider clarify. Logout, login - and they're there.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:43 am

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Can't pull things up by ticket number (this is a significant limitation and really offensive).

I cannot imagine how you will find this "offensive" -- its not as if they have said people named Steve cannot access tickets this way.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aacharya
If you had read the first thread on the combined forum, you'd see UA Insider clarify. Logout, login - and they're there.
Looks like they fixed it the glitch. My mileage balance is now correct.

Thanks United.

Originally Posted by kwildnj
Regarding Expert Mode:

After searching for flights, click on "Fare Class" (should be a link by each flight), and it will come up.
So what is the SHARES category now for upgradeable seats to C or F?
On UA it was NC and NF.

I see a FN for First and JN, ZN and PN categories for Business.

Thanks

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 4, 2012 at 8:40 am Reason: merge
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:49 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Been poking around on "the new bomb" and so far, goalie-mom's, goalie-dad's and goalie-sis's accounts all migrated over correctly (all personal info, rezzies and a/c balances). Mine otoh, (including a reservation with a schedule change [...?]) is a cluster..... *. Tho to be fair, neither my folks and my sister had set up and linked a CO a/c where I did so perhaps that's why. Just gotta wait and see-and not flying until 3/19 so plenty of time

*my upgrade certs are all there and I have a "whopping" 3,000 RDM's but that's it [my PMCO RDM balance thanks to e-rewards ]-no PMUA 48k EQM's and no PMUA 609K RDM's tho I can see my MP activity history and boy is it wrong

And looking into my itineraries, I noticed this.....

Upgrade Your Flight

New York, NY (JFK) to San Francisco, CA (SFO)

$596
per person

JFK to SFO | 6 hr 28 mn| Boeing 757-200| United Economy/Meals for Purchase| 9 Seats Available
I am waitlisted on this flight and have been since booking but if I read UA Insider's posts correctly, this should not be happening, right?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
Loggin out and back in, clearing browser cache, etc still does not show my RDM. Also, I am missing a PMUA itin. One came over and one did not. All the CO-booked ones are certainly correct. I am not worried at this point and will wait for the bugs to get worked out over the coming days (I hope).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.