Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Secure Flight data incomplete Add "under view my itineraries"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2009, 12:57 am
Original Poster

I have not seen this before,just log-in to view my DOMESTIC itinerary. REDRESS Number? Is this something new?

Thanks.

Secure Flight data incomplete Add

Secure Flight information

Under the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Secure Flight program, airlines are required to collect passengers' Secure Flight information at least 72 hours prior to scheduled flight departure. If you are traveling internationally, your passport information will be required. View TSA privacy notice

Secure Flight information Help
Passenger 1 XXX XXX XXXX
Secure Flight information incomplete *First name
Middle name/initial
*Last name
Date of birth
Gender Select Male Female
Do you have a redress number? What is this?
Redress number Travelers who experience extended inquiries during their travel screenings may request to have a redress number assigned to them through the Department of Homeland Security's Travel Redress Inquiry Program (DHS TRIP). This service is designed to help those individuals avoid such screening difficulties during future travels.

No Yes

TSA privacy notice
The transportation security Administration (TSA) requires you to provide your full name, date of birth, and gender for the purpose of watch list screening, under the authority of 49 U.S.C. section 114, the Intelligence Reform and Terrorist Prevention Act of 2004, and 49 C.F.R. parts 1540 and 1560. You may also provide your redress number, if available. Failure to provide your full name, date of birth and gender may result in denial of authority to enter the boarding area. The TSA may share the information that you provide with law enforcement or intelligence agencies or others under its published system of records notice. For more on TSA privacy policies, or to review the system of records notice and the privacy impact assessment, please visit the TSA website at www.tsa.gov
Old Dec 4, 2009, 1:13 am

Programs: UA 1P, Marriott Platium, SPG
Yep, I got it too. They have been advertising this on the site for awhile, looks like it finally started.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 1:57 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
I got it too. I have two issues.

1) I tried to enter the info, but it wouldn't let me save. Bug?

2) 72 hours? How do they expect this to work with last minute travelers?
Old Dec 4, 2009, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by N1120A
If I had to guess you'd probably be asked during booking and check-in. Most likely you won't be able to get your BP until you provide this (I suppose they could refuse to fly you if you don't give this ahead of time, but this seems a tad unlikely).
Old Dec 4, 2009, 2:17 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by okrogius
If I had to guess you'd probably be asked during booking and check-in. Most likely you won't be able to get your BP until you provide this (I suppose they could refuse to fly you if you don't give this ahead of time, but this seems a tad unlikely).
Makes no sense though, since a huge part of the flying public books in shorter than 72 hour intervals. E-Fares would be practically useless. The weird thing is, I am sure UA already has my birthday and gender, which is all this really asks for.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 2:23 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus/ GS
Do you have a redress number? What is this?

The Department of Homeland Security’s Travel Redress Inquiry Program (DHS TRIP) is a single point of contact for individuals who have inquiries or seek resolution regarding difficulties they experienced during their travel screening at transportation hubs--like airports and train stations--or crossing U.S. borders, including:

* denied or delayed airline boarding
* denied or delayed entry into and exit from the U.S. at a port of entry or border checkpoint
* continuously referred to additional (secondary) screening

more information can be found at. http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/gc_1169676919316.shtm

Happy flying!

Unitedfa
Old Dec 4, 2009, 2:56 am

Programs: UA 1P, Marriott Platium, SPG
Originally Posted by N1120A
I imagine you get SSSS if you are last minute...
Old Dec 4, 2009, 5:41 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
just tired "updating" my info and it didn't work either.

a while back, i had mp change my info from goalie m.i. last name to match my d/l and passport of goalie middle name last name but mp can't add a middle name so they removed the m.i. and made my first name "goalie middlename".

so with that, i tried entering my info both as "goalie middlename", left middle initial blank, last name and also as goalie, middle name in the middle initial field (where it took my full middle name) last name and it failed on both tries.

edited to add: just tried it under firefox using "goalie middlename" as my first name (as it is under mp) and left the middle name field blank and it took (and it updated both of my itineraries)

Last edited by goalie; Dec 4, 2009 at 5:58 am
Old Dec 4, 2009, 5:55 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.5 MM, AA PLAT PRO 1MM
I just tried adding the information for a flight tomorrow, and it wouldn't save. I'll find out in about an hour whether or not I can check in for that flight.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 6:05 am

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by ms_go
I just tried adding the information for a flight tomorrow, and it wouldn't save. I'll find out in about an hour whether or not I can check in for that flight.
what browser are you using and see the addition to my post just above yours as to how i got it to work using my middle name.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by HaeMaker
Yep, I got it too. They have been advertising this on the site for awhile, looks like it finally started.
The "secure flight data" shown on United's itineraries is an error in my case.

There is no missing information concerning me despite the note that appears on United's site advising me of missing data.

When I checked in for the outbound flight, my passport information was entered by the check-in agent. At that time, United had my personal data required by the new law.

When I returned to the U.S. yesterday and used the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) "GOES" machine in IAD, all my personal information was already in CBP computer, including my flight number.

Considering that the CBP had all my information stored in its computer when I arrived in the U.S. (including United's flight number), it is obvious that the notation on United's site in connection with "missing information" is an error.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 7:19 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.5 MM, AA PLAT PRO 1MM
I did not try adding the Secure Flight information (after my previous attempt; several posts up), and I had no problem checking in for my flight tomorrow morning.

Thanks, goalie, for the tip. I'll try that later and see if it works for several other upcoming trips. I use Firefox, by the way.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by ms_go
I did not try adding the Secure Flight information (after my previous attempt; several posts up), and I had no problem checking in for my flight tomorrow morning.

Thanks, goalie, for the tip. I'll try that later and see if it works for several other upcoming trips. I use Firefox, by the way.
now it will be interesting to see how your return flight olci goes after updating your info
Old Dec 4, 2009, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by dgcpaphd

When I returned to the U.S. yesterday and used the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) "GOES" machine in IAD, all my personal information was already in CBP computer, including my flight number.
Just a clarification.. GOES is the system you use to enroll for the trusted traveler program. Global Entry is the machine that you used in IAD..
Old Dec 4, 2009, 9:29 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM
We are unable to save your Secure Flight information. Please try again later.

Getting this too. Tried all combinations (Safari/Firefox, middle names etc) for a reservation next Wednesday - no dice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.