Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Secure Flight data incomplete Add "under view my itineraries"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Secure Flight data incomplete Add "under view my itineraries"

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2009, 12:45 pm

Programs: AGR WOH
Originally Posted by milepig
PLEASE tell me that UA is working on a system that will allow us to enter this information somewhere ONCE so I don't need to keep doing this!!
Late February 2010, per http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6867,53067,00.html
Old Dec 24, 2009, 4:44 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by sba110
True, that'd be better if indeed this had any effect on how the TSA would treat you, but it doesn't. The TSOs only know what it says on your BP, and your BP will look exactly the same, with or without that data...
Except that once SecureFlight is fully implemented, you won't be receiving your boarding pass at all (online/kiosk check-in disabled etc.) until you provide the information.

You can wait until you arrive at the airport to provide the information, however once the check-in agent inputs the data, they will have to wait for a "response" from the TSA computer to see if you are on a watchlist before being able to issue you a boarding pass. If everyone does this, then there would be long lines at the airport!
Old Dec 25, 2009, 5:45 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by dgcpaphd
Could it be that we are suppose to help debug the program?
Yes. Why else would the UA.bomb programmers implement this feature before it's actually used and required by the TSA?
Old Dec 25, 2009, 11:10 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
You'll find that if you enter your personal data and then hit "save", it will pop up another message which says "unable to save" or something similar.

However, when you next log back in to your MP account, you should see a message "secure flight data complete" with a green tick beside. Must be a glitch. This worked for my family of 4 - booked on 2 separate itineraries. Use Firefox as my main browser.
Old Dec 25, 2009, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by eightblack

You'll find that if you enter your personal data and then hit "save", it will pop up another message which says "unable to save" or something similar.

However, when you next log back in to your MP account, you should see a message "secure flight data complete" with a green tick beside. Must be a glitch. This worked for my family of 4 - booked on 2 separate itineraries. Use Firefox as my main browser.

It is not a glitch. It is just a confusing way United.com presents the information.

As you wrote, the "secure flight data complete" is green. If you click on the tick mark you will notice that some of your data is missing even though the green light is there. Look a little farther, it says that the missing information is "on file."

I do not know if I will have to add the missing data again (for the fourth time) when my departure date gets closer. However, for the present time, the green light shows for me.

I have flown with United for many years and I know that my personal data is "on file" with them. I believe the confusing way the "secure flight data" shows does not lend much confidence in United's system.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by daniellam
Except that once SecureFlight is fully implemented, you won't be receiving your boarding pass at all (online/kiosk check-in disabled etc.) until you provide the information.
Hmm, interesting. Are you sure about that? I might be totally confused, but my impression was that for 99% of fliers, nothing will change; and for the 1% of fliers whose name matches the name of someone else on the no-fly or selectee list, the worst that will happen is that your boarding pass will print with a SSSS on it or that you won't be able to check in online via your computer and will have to check in at the airport or ticket counter. But maybe my impression was wrong. Do you have a citation to where one can read more about what's coming and what the impact will be on the average flier?
Old Dec 26, 2009, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by daniellam

You can wait until you arrive at the airport to provide the information, however once the check-in agent inputs the data, they will have to wait for a "response" from the TSA computer to see if you are on a watchlist before being able to issue you a boarding pass. If everyone does this, then there would be long lines at the airport!
Sure, you're right, there's no way to avoid giving out that information eventually. That's a ways off, though, and I was just remarking that until then, I don't understand why people are rushing to fill this out....

I sure hope they come up with something better than "SSSS". I really think the bad guys would have heard of a copier and white-out.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 10:13 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
good news, bad news bad news

good news: woke up this morning and checked my itins, u/g cleared den-bos for 1/9

bad news: secure flight info now has the "incomplete red check mark" (all info was green and accepted when i booked the itin) and now it won't take. logged out, cleared cache 'n cookies and even changed browsers but no go

bad news: no sms easy update on the u/g clearing and no message listed in the on-line section for flight notifications either but i digress
Old Dec 27, 2009, 11:09 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by goalie
bad news: secure flight info now has the "incomplete red check mark" (all info was green and accepted when i booked the itin) and now it won't take. logged out, cleared cache 'n cookies and even changed browsers but no go
I've had this for a few days now too. Tells me it's not working and to try again later.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by goalie
Ignore it. I've flown, oh, at least 4 times since this was introduced, with a red check mark, and I've noticed absolutely nothing different. The red check mark is probably irrelevant for 99% of passengers.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 1:48 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
FWIW, I have the red "incomplete" message on my current (halfway finished) itinerary. I haven't filled any of the info out. I had no problem boarding my outbound flight, and (the recent events notwithstanding) I don't expect any problems on the return flight.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 2:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by l'etoile
I've had this for a few days now too. Tells me it's not working and to try again later.
Mine still have a nice green tick.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 8:59 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
just noticed something when looking at looking to book a new itin....

a while back, i had mp change my info from goalie (first name field) middle initial (m.i. field) to "goalie middle name" (both in the first name field as the m.i. field would not accept a full middle name ) but now the middle initial field now says "middle name/intial"

i was able to change my info from "goalie middle name" to "goalie" "middle name" but i did not complete the booking as i was 'just looking so i'm wondering" if any folks have been able to use their full middle name. i'm about to e-mail mp to have them change/fix my name info and was wondering.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Anyone else screw up Secure Flight and get the annoying double middle initial thing on a reservation? I must have missed deleting it out of the first name field in Secure Flight (love that annoying .bomb quirk), and then added it in the middle name field. I called the 1K line to see if I could fix it...can't, but the said it wouldn't be an issue. Incredibly annoying, just seeing if I have anything to worry about at check-in tomorrow.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 6:48 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Anything new with this? Mrs. MileKing hasn't purchased a UA ticket in awhile, but will need to for an upcoming trip. Was wondering if she will encounter problems with ticketing or at check-in since her MP account is middle name, last name and her driver license is first name, middle name, last name. If she purchases ticket using her name as shown on her drivers license, will she still receive MP miles? If uses name as shown on MP account, will she have problems going through security?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.