Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Secure Flight data incomplete Add "under view my itineraries"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Secure Flight data incomplete Add "under view my itineraries"

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2009, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I was just able to add the information to my 2 exisisting itins with no problem and am now showing green.

To the poster who was having trouble with an INTL itin, I saw a note that said these itins also require passport information, so I suspect it will all be taken care of when you check in for the flight and fill in the information then.

PLEASE tell me that UA is working on a system that will allow us to enter this information somewhere ONCE so I don't need to keep doing this!!
Old Dec 4, 2009, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5 Star
Took three tries to get it to take. I agree with milepig and hope this gets added to our profiles.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by danielpalen
that is .bomb for you...

How did Global Entry go? Were many people in line for regular customs, or was it pretty quiet?
Although I do not like "name calling" I think in the case of United.com I might some day make an exception considering the many errors I have encountered. It may not be long before I start using the term .bomb.

Global Entry went very well. It was not busy because our plane arrived about ten in the morning (more than three hours late from GRU, Ugh). I am not sure how long the lines were for processing. I was the second person off the plane and was through the automated system in less than two minutes. I handed the G/E receipt to the customs officer and all he said was "hello and goodbye." That was fine with me.

I highly recommend the Global Entry system to eligible frequent travelers.

I suspect that the CBP system will help airlines and passengers solve some of the issues and misinformation that exist between the data found on the two computer systems.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dgcpaphd
I highly recommend the Global Entry system to eligible frequent travelers.

I suspect that the CBP system will help airlines and passengers solve some of the issues and misinformation that exist between the data found on the two computer systems.
For those who want to know more about Global Entry there is a lengthy thread over on the Travel Security board:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...orthwhile.html

My short review is "it rocks". This Tuesday I landed at ORD on a flight from FRA, walked into the immigration hall as one of the first off the flight and already saw a very long line. I walked right up to the Global Entry kiosk, entered my information, got the receipt, walked to the customs person (you bypass immigration completely) who took the receipt and waved me through. Entire time spent between deplaning and getting in my taxi? 5 minutes tops!!!!
Old Dec 4, 2009, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt GP Plat
that is .bomb for you...

How did Global Entry go? Were many people in line for regular customs, or was it pretty quiet?
global entry is awesome. as fast as nexus- those who go to canada often know what i mean- but with fingerprints instead of a retinal scan. i use it at sfo all the time now and it's like landing on a domestic flight it's so fast. ^
Old Dec 4, 2009, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
I just entered my info for a flight next week and got the green checkmark 1st try.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Success for one itinerary, couldn't save the second one after 2 tries. Logged out then back in, and green check mark appeared for the one that told me it couldn't be saved. So this won't be required until late 2010?
Old Dec 4, 2009, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Ok, I added the data, but....

As I have reported in other posts, I have been consistently unable to check in online for a few months now. So I put in the info for secure flight, got the check mark...

But I still am blocked out from checking in for my flight tomorrow. Go figure!
Old Dec 4, 2009, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Updated easily for my flight next Friday.
Got an error for my flight tomorrow but it updated as well on refresh.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 7:43 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
I had to call the GS desk to cover this for my Sunday trip (inside of 72 hours)and then ended up talking to web support. Got it done. Had to update my SYD trip for later in the month and had no issues.

What a pain.

I better double check my blood type since this will be the next thing these TSA morons will want.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Anybody have trouble entering the info, so they logged out and then back in and noticed that all of their itineraries were missing??
Old Dec 4, 2009, 11:22 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Anybody have trouble entering the info, so they logged out and then back in and noticed that all of their itineraries were missing??
Everything was fine at first and I just logged in to see if a window seat has opened up and mine are missing too! Just tried to check-in and it sees I am flying tomorrow so maybe it is site-wide?
Old Dec 4, 2009, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by snowed
Everything was fine at first and I just logged in to see if a window seat has opened up and mine are missing too! Just tried to check-in and it sees I am flying tomorrow so maybe it is site-wide?
Just gave UA web support a call to see what was happening, and they told me that "There is nothing wrong on their end... .bomb works just fine..." They said that it must be a problem with my computer. I tried on three different browsers spread across two computers and nothing pops up...

Last edited by FriendlySkies; Dec 4, 2009 at 11:31 pm
Old Dec 5, 2009, 12:03 am

I was able to enter the information on 2 of my itineraries, and then .bomb decided that was enough for one day and it wouldn't let me enter the secure flight data for the other 3. This morning it can't find ANY of my itineraries, telling me to please try again later. What good are the new auto-fill airport code and calendar fields if the stupid website just doesn't work?!?
Old Dec 5, 2009, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Yep .. I just got this for both our itens next week and had NOT even tried to log the data in.

Needed to enter in PNR and name and THEN it took.

But do all the info required and get like most others this nonsense -

My itinerariesMy itinerary detailsSecure Flight information

We are unable to save your Secure Flight information. Please try again later.

(SYD) to (SFO)

Secure Flight information

Under the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Secure Flight program, airlines are required to collect passengers' Secure Flight information at least 72 hours prior to scheduled flight departure. If you are traveling internationally, your passport information will be required. View TSA privacy notice

Secure Flight information Help
Passenger 1 - ozstamps

Secure Flight information incomplete

------------------

United.com = SNAFU

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.