Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Secure Flight data incomplete Add "under view my itineraries"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Secure Flight data incomplete Add "under view my itineraries"

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2009, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Now I cannot log into MY ITINERARIES at all despite getting the form to add PNR and MP number.

United.com = SNAFU ... as always.

What cretin in there loads these new 'features' WITHOUT road testing them?
Old Dec 5, 2009, 12:59 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Now I cannot log into MY ITINERARIES at all despite getting the form to add PNR and MP number.

United.com = SNAFU ... as always.

What cretin in there loads these new 'features' WITHOUT road testing them?
It appears the "My Itineraries" part of the .bomb is down. I can see past itineraries but not current ones (even if I use my recorder locator/last name I can't retrieve any).

I went through two itineraries during the day and got green check marks.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 1:35 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by AFJon
...I agree with milepig and hope this gets added to our profiles.
This is just another incomplete feature cooked up by the idiots at united.com
Originally Posted by ozstamps
... What cretin in there loads these new 'features' WITHOUT road testing them?
They expect us to be their testers. Someone must think it saves money.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
This is just another incomplete feature cooked up by the idiots at united.com
that's .bomb for you... I don't know where United hires their web programmers, but they must not be very good. The only way to save the secure-flight info so far, was to log out and then back in for every flight I have a reservation for.. It took me thirty minutes to add it to twenty-five reservations! Definitely a waste of time!
Old Dec 5, 2009, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM(BIS)
Another Problem - Office Co-Workers

Reservation with multiple, non related, travelers - unable to add Secure Flight information individually - all fields for all people have to be filled in or the attempt is rejected as incomplete! I know of at least one of the travelers that does not want everyone else here to know her birth year!!!!

Please allow single passenger information entry on a multiple passenger reservation.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 8:18 pm

I'd skip entering the Secure Flight information. It's pointless; with high probability, they're going to let you check in anyway even if you ignore the entire thing. It's just another ill-thought-out grab of private information that the government and airlines shouldn't be asking for.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
Today's data point -- got the error message entering info for a domestic 3/10 flight; went back to my itineraries page, thence to the itinerary and it showed that the info had been entered successfully despite the original red warning message to try later . Next, checked on my 12/17 TATL flight and it wanted Secure Flight info (guess we have to do it each time). Entered info AGAIN, and it accepted it without a hiccup. I think.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by lskohn
Today's data point -- got the error message entering info for a domestic 3/10 flight; went back to my itineraries page, thence to the itinerary and it showed that the info had been entered successfully despite the original red warning message to try later . Next, checked on my 12/17 TATL flight and it wanted Secure Flight info (guess we have to do it each time). Entered info AGAIN, and it accepted it without a hiccup. I think.
I can readily understand why many FT posters refer to United.com as .bomb.

Over the years I have had a fair amount of trouble with United.com but I usually get the problem solved after a short effort or a bit of time invested.

Over the past few days, I have had trouble entering my data on the "secure flight" data found in the itineraries section of United. com.

While using Internet Explorer, my name and gender are on the record and a green light shows despite my date of birth being missing.

While using the browser, Firefox there is a red light and my name and all other information are omitted even though it was on a previous itinerary with United.

While using the browser Opera, my data is there but the green light is not.

What could motivate the person (s) who wrote such a program to unleash it on UA passengers before it works correctly? The telephone calls to United must be in the hundreds of thousands over this silly error.

Could it be that we are suppose to help debug the program?
Old Dec 6, 2009, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MM, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
Had the same problem, called United.com customer service. (India, maybe?) Anyway, when I logged out and then logged back on, it had been accepted. And I was able to add it to all my other pending itineraries without incident.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by daw617
I'd skip entering the Secure Flight information. It's pointless; with high probability, they're going to let you check in anyway even if you ignore the entire thing. It's just another ill-thought-out grab of private information that the government and airlines shouldn't be asking for.
Yeah, it's pointless, and doesn't make anything "secure". I also don't understand why people are racing to add that information. It's not needed to check in....
Old Dec 6, 2009, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by sba110
Yeah, it's pointless, and doesn't make anything "secure". I also don't understand why people are racing to add that information. It's not needed to check in....
Maybe some of us do not like to see a red light next to our name telling us something is missing.

Admittedly, the information does not "make anything secure" but it could save you a hassle from being quizzed or delayed by TSA or delayed at check in if there is misinformation in your file.

It would be better to comply with United's request and furnish the information to them.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by dgcpaphd
Maybe some of us do not like to see a red light next to our name telling us something is missing.

Admittedly, the information does not "make anything secure" but it could save you a hassle from being quizzed or delayed by TSA or delayed at check in if there is misinformation in your file.

It would be better to comply with United's request and furnish the information to them.
True, that'd be better if indeed this had any effect on how the TSA would treat you, but it doesn't. The TSOs only know what it says on your BP, and your BP will look exactly the same, with or without that data...
Old Dec 7, 2009, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by dgcpaphd
That's your call, of course. If avoiding a red light is more important than your personal information or avoiding government intrusion, go for it!

You'd think so, but in practice that seems to be highly unlikely.

Better for who, and how, exactly?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 1:49 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Premier Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Well, it's interesting to know that I'm not the only one with this problem.
I've tried to update my name, etc. with the details as they appear on my US DL and it doesn't say it's not saving, it just still gives me the red !.

I tried this the other day too and got the same response. Although when I tried again a few minutes ago, I noticed it had my name, full middle name and last name in their respective fields just like I entered them the other day.

It sounds like this won't stop me from making my flight on 12/11/09, but it's still really annoying and a pretty egregious UI/UX failure.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Still working (not) as described.

Enter "Secure Flight" data - get "could not be saved" message.

Close browser window and open a fresh one, bring up the booking to be greeted with a
Secure Flight data complete
NB, I am not logged into my MP account as my MP number is not in the booking, my NZ *G number is.

Last edited by serfty; Dec 16, 2009 at 5:04 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.