Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Secure Flight data incomplete Add "under view my itineraries"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Secure Flight data incomplete Add "under view my itineraries"

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2009, 9:37 am

Programs: UA 1K3MM, Marriot-Gold, HH-Gold, IHG-Pt, Amex-Pt, JPMorgan-Rsv
I called 1K Desk now and they said those info is not needed for alreday-made reservations...
However the website still requests it with red sign and it can't be saved there which is not nice.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Jake256
I called 1K Desk now and they said those info is not needed for alreday-made reservations...
However the website still requests it with red sign and it can't be saved there which is not nice.

Boo! What about the people who have multiple reservations? That is going to be a real pain.

Last edited by FriendlySkies; Dec 4, 2009 at 10:28 am Reason: typo
Old Dec 4, 2009, 9:44 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Jake256
Great and I just finished adding it to 22 reservations. Only one wouldn't let me, which is an international award reservation with two of us on 1 PNR and waitlisted flights.

Actually although it gave me the info that it couldn't be added the itinerary is now "green" and states that it has been added.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 9:50 am

Programs: Alaska-MVP100k; AA-Plat; HH-Diamond; Hertz Pres
This program does not go into effect until summer 2010. But airlines have started collecting this data to exercise their IT systems. At least, that's what the US-GP desk told me.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
.bomb is also asking for the information when making a reservation..
Old Dec 4, 2009, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by SF1K
Great and I just finished adding it to 22 reservations. Only one wouldn't let me, which is an international award reservation with two of us on 1 PNR and waitlisted flights.

Actually although it gave me the info that it couldn't be added the itinerary is now "green" and states that it has been added.
Similar experience. The website let me add the info to domestic reservations but not to an international one. That seems to be the bug.

Bruce
Old Dec 4, 2009, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Oh, wait! I logged out and back in -- and the information is saved after all (even though the website told me repeatedly that it couldn't be saved). Strange.

Bruce
Old Dec 4, 2009, 10:40 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by danielpalen
Boo! What about the people who have multiple reservations? That is going to be a real pain.
are the reservations just in your name or with other pax? fwiw, as i posted above, i had two existing reservations that were both updated with the little green checkmark up after i updated my info on the first reservation

Originally Posted by bdschobel
Oh, wait! I logged out and back in -- and the information is saved after all (even though the website told me repeatedly that it couldn't be saved). Strange.

Bruce
nah, just the bomb being the bomb
Old Dec 4, 2009, 10:52 am

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) 320x240; VZW; UTStar-XV6175; Window Mobile 6.1 Standard

I just made a reservation and it had no problem taking my info. On the reservation it says it's complete.

Also, the site seemed to have been updated in other areas recently too, like the request upgrade page and how it says what airport when you type in the first couple letters or the code.

The multi city option was flawless in pricing out an 8 segment trip too, which was surprising. I was almost certain I would be forced to call.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.5 MM, AA PLAT PRO 1MM
Originally Posted by goalie
now it will be interesting to see how your return flight olci goes after updating your info
Okay, I just logged back in and notice that this itinerary has a green check, so it looks like it took in the first place and .bomb was just having some "fun" with me. My other itineraries all have red checks. Not going to worry about those for now...
Old Dec 4, 2009, 12:55 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM
Cool

Originally Posted by ms_go
Okay, I just logged back in and notice that this itinerary has a green check, so it looks like it took in the first place and .bomb was just having some "fun" with me. My other itineraries all have red checks. Not going to worry about those for now...
Same for me. Unable to update the secure info but apparently I have.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by ms_go
If you have time to waste (or can click while chomping on your sandwich as I did) and plenty of saved future itins, you'll discover all sorts of amusing results from this "feature". On different itins I've

1. Entered secure flight info, gotten error message, exited, returned, and found material did enter correctly despite error message (as noted by other posters).

2. Done the same, exited, returned, and found the material did not enter.

3. Done the same, and green check appears immediately, apparently functioning as it's supposed to.

All in the same one hour. Lucky united.com uses a computer -- otherwise one might be getting really inconsistent results.....
Old Dec 4, 2009, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by danielpalen
Just a clarification.. GOES is the system you use to enroll for the trusted traveler program. Global Entry is the machine that you used in IAD..
Thanks for the clarification. However, I was lazy and still suffering from a six-hour time difference when I wrote my post. I know and knew the difference between the two terms.

The point I tried to make with my initial post is that the problem lies with United's system.

I support my assertion with the fact that the CBP machine at IAD already had my flight number listed that I took that brought me to IAD. At the same time, on United's system, it is saying that information about me is missing, but it is not. CBP had to have received my flight information from United.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 2:18 pm

xxxxx

Last edited by dgcpaphd; Dec 4, 2009 at 2:19 pm Reason: duplicate post
Old Dec 4, 2009, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dgcpaphd
Thanks for the clarification. However, I was lazy and still suffering from a six hour time difference when I wrote my post. I know and knew the difference between the two terms.

The point I tried to make with my initial post is that the problem lies with United's system. I support my assertion with the fact that the CBP machine at IAD already had my flight number listed that I took that brought me to IAD.

At the same time, on United's system, it is saying that information about me is missing but it is not.
that is .bomb for you...

How did Global Entry go? Were many people in line for regular customs, or was it pretty quiet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.