Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2015, 8:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by robertw477
I have stayed at all of these properties. The LM and W recently. The Sheraton it has been a few years. I will be at the Sheraton myself around Christmas. The LM sucks. Flat out. They try so little its shameful. I was there in May with a confirmed suite upgrade. I was in London and my wife was meeting me later in the day of checkin. I go to the hotel in the AM and bascially checkin, doing all the paperwork in case my wife went direct from airport to the hotel as I had an engagement and would not be done later. She ended up waiting for me and I we got to the hotel at 6PM. At that point the snotty front desk clerk said SORRY. Sorry means my room is not ready.
I love London. I go all the time. The word Sorry us usually a shoulder shrug and it means too bad for you tough luck. Where was the manager? Hiding most likely.
At 6PM no less. They were busy with a little HP meeting and I can just chill. I told him no way and I was not going to take than nonsense. A miracle my room was magically available. After I got to the room and went down and got a manager. She did not have much to say. Oh Well? No worries. They have a great location so they dont care. I know their regular rooms suck. The lounge is very poor-they dont care. Even my suite had a broken TV in it. The W I stayed one night alone. I love standing naked in the middle of the room as I get out of the shower. Even better was a fire alwarm and flashing light at 4AM. I found out somebody lit a cigarette in their room. Instead of sending security the entire building went off. London is a touh place. The Sheraton is also in a good location in Knightsbridge and in my opinion hands down the best.
Do you mean the Knightsbridge Starwood LC property that once was a Sheraton?
Old Nov 3, 2015, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If it makes a difference to you, note that LM has a lounge and an indoor pool.

Park Tower has a bit of a residential feel and apparently has many guests who stay for long periods. It doesn't have much of a lobby other than the area where afternoon tea is served, and that's a windowless area between the front desk and restaurant entrance.
Unless you need the pool the Le Meridien sucks. The lounge on a scale from A-F ill be nice and give it a D. Barely staffed. Minimal food. You have drinks. Very poor. One of the world clubs. I had a suite. Lucky for me. I understand the standard rooms suck and some are worse than others. Staff F. Starwood is somewhat limited in London. For me the only one left is the Sheraton.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
Yes sorry The Park Tower would be the only one I would consider. Harrods right there which is great for eating in the basement food area, Harvey Nichols to the right. Also some food choices there and I think YO Sushi. Wagamama right there which I like and very reliable. And the tube right there. I stayed there many times when it was the Sheraton. I was gold now. Not sure as a Plat if I will get any upgrades.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Tossa
Is this Hotel getting a Club Lounge?

If so, when will it be open?
They (hotel staff) told me it would be 2016. The area they were using as the temporary check-in/reception (on the ground floor) will become the new Club Lounge after reception moves back to it's original location when the renovation of that area is complete.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 7:53 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
The Sheraton Park Lane are stating that all customers will be in new rooms by the 30th November. There are pictures on their instagram feed showing beds, pictures and ornaments for the room. The second wing of the hotel then must be under refurbishment until late 2016.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: AC-E, SPG-Plat, GP-P, HH-G
I completed a stay on the weekend using one of the earned free Sheraton weekend nights. All rooms that are in use have been renovated. I booked a classic, and I think I got something a little larger than a classic room. Reasonable size for London. The rooms was quite functional - though still a little on the small size. Had problems with the in-room safe. The room phone did not work. Wifi internet was not working in the room. It could not be fixed. Breakfast was quite good.
The bathroom is cold. There does not appear to be any heat and I can see this being a problem if it gets cold in the room.
Construction noise was noticeable when I was in the room for an hour during the afternoon. Some of the public areas have been renovated.
I will return in a few days and will be staying for a longer stay. I will update this post. Overall, it will be a decent place to stay in the area. But I suspect that rates will increase, especially for point redemptions.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:52 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Any picture yet?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:08 pm
tnw

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt
Originally Posted by jjbc
I will return in a few days and will be staying for a longer stay. I will update this post. Overall, it will be a decent place to stay in the area. But I suspect that rates will increase, especially for point redemptions.

Thank you jjbc for the report. I look forward to hearing your thoughts and hopefully see some photos on your next stay. I am excited to see the changes at this property (except for the Palm Court).
Old Dec 1, 2015, 4:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
Just stayed here for a few nights in a renovated room. The renovation has been great for the hotel: the room was very fresh and the bathtub and shower excellent. Would highly recommend and stay here again.

The bathroom doesn't have a ventilator though: unless they have a great maintenance program I'm not sure the rooms will age well.

Platinum breakfast was decent but nothing mind blowing.

Last edited by Melodsal; Dec 1, 2015 at 4:35 am Reason: Submitted accidentally
Old Dec 21, 2015, 8:16 pm

Programs: SPG 75 Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Delta PM, AA EXP
Had a recent stay about a week ago using points.

Pretty sure I was in the lowest-category room, since the hotel was sold out + there was a large event going on. SNA did not clear

Room was decent, bathroom is cozy, but the shower itself was large which was nice, a walk in closet helped with making the room seem bigger. It still was larger than rooms I've had at the Sheraton Tribeca if that gives you an idea.

Only was here for one night, so can't comment on much other than
-room was very nicely decorated, and the renovation must be paying off for them.
-room wasn't ready at 2, which I can't necessarily complain about, but for a Plat staying in the most basic room, It wasn't like I was waiting for anything special.
-one elevator was operating at the time, not ideal.

for 12k points was a good value, since I was really not in the mood this trip to have to schlep all the way out to Canning Town for the Aloft
Old Dec 22, 2015, 3:48 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Having had poor experiences here in the past, I returned last week as it was the only affordable SPG option in the centre of London for the dates I needed.

I'm glad I stayed as things have moved on a lot, especially with the room refurbishments. I had 4 rooms booked, so no upgrades for us as rooms are limited during the renovations. They did however give all of us renovated rooms and kept us close together which was fine.

Despite being the Platinum member, they gave me the smallest room of the 4 as I discovered later. It was pretty compact, but being on my own meant that it was perfectly adequate. The furnishings and design were modern and the room was laid out intelligently, with the most made of the space. The bed was fantastically comfortable and I slept fantastically on both nights, which doesn't often happen.

There is still a lot of the hotel closed off for renovations, but the standard of the initial room renovations was very impressive. The only negative is that the bathroom windows haven't been replaced. These are ill fitting and draughty, plus the allow a lot of noise in. You can shut the bathroom off, but they really should have done these at the same time as the rest of the room as they are noticeable out of kilter with the rest of the room.

Based on the renovations, I would expect the hotel rates to creep up as well as the SPG category. If you are thinking of London next year on points, I would lock the rate in here as it represents very good value based with these new rooms.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 9:11 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, WOH Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, MSC Dia, Nespresso Club, ZTL Queen in Italy
I used my (1) Sheraton Free Night Award here a couple wknds ago, and had a pleasant stay.

I have stayed previously before the renovation, and I can attest that it needed a bit of sprucing up.

My previous stay in 2012, I was upgraded to a 1-bed suite. (Front desk this time said it was an -01 room, I probably used a SNA for it.) That room was in the interior and more of a curved suite w bedroom on the left and sitting area on the right. Can't remember how many bathrooms, but probably one large one.

The most recent stay, Front Desk said I was the only Platinum upgraded (Not sure why I was targeted, but I'll take it.) And I believe the room was an -38 room. Which was approx half of the curve of the previous suite. So a bit of a curved hallway to enter the main bedroom.

It certainly was upgraded... the paint still smelled fresh. The bathroom had a separate shower and bathtub.

Bed was comfortable.

There were a few minor renovation "quirks" that need to be fixed (ie, the USB outlets on the power strip were empty and w/o power). But not a big deal for me. Maybe I should have called maintenance but I was pretty tired.

If you remember the previous check-in area, well that is all still under renovation. It's a smaller, less grandiose check-in area; but I'm sure it will look great and expanded when it's completed.

The lowest price online I saw (if I would've paid) for the wknd I was there was 270 pounds. ($400 USD). I get London is expensive, but I don't think I would pay that much for the room.

For me... the best thing by far was the service! The Front Desk check-in guy was superb! (Forgot his name.) My room was ready earlier than he had said, and just very pleasant and definitely recognized my Plat status and earlier stay.

And then there was Ben! Ben has been w the property about 20yrs....He took my luggage to hold while I shopped, and then brought back up to room later. Super pleasant guy - definitely takes pride in his job. (We had joked that he would eat all of my Ben's Cookies.)

I wasn't expecting anything more... but then when I had walked back into my room in the evening, a whole bottle of wine and some cookies were left waiting for me with a personalized hand-written note from mgmt. It's become a rarity these days to get a hand-written note from mgmt (let alone a bottle of wine!), so when it does happen it's genuinely appreciated.

And then... upon checking out, since I didn't have time to grab the free Plat breakfast, the same front desk guy personally wrote a FREE COFFEE on a piece of paper for me. Wow!

So while they are working through the renovations currently, they are doing an excellent job with the service and made me feel valued.

Last edited by travelista; Dec 22, 2015 at 9:24 am
Old Dec 23, 2015, 2:59 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
This hotel is just called The Park Lane Hotel right? Maybe the mods can update the thread title.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:26 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by lcpteck
This hotel is just called The Park Lane Hotel right? Maybe the mods can update the thread title.
It has been changed to that name, but the staff still welcome you to the Sheraton Park Lane (old habits die hard) and the couple of cab drivers I hired to the hotel didn't have a clue until I added Sheraton to the name. It is still a Sheraton with Sheraton products and branding, just not in the main name.

By all means update the title, but it will take a while for London to catch-up. The Park Tower dropped the Sheraton name a few years ago and still I have problems with Taxis who only know it by the old name. Be warned!
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by lcpteck
In some places they leave out the Sheraton part and in other places they include it. The hotel is in the Sheraton directory http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat.../all/list.html

And if I recall correctly the Sheraton logo is on the receipt when you check out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.