Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2015, 1:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Thanks for the recent comments all... Have a upcoming travel plans to London in January and have been eyeing this property. Will reconsider staying here and look at The Park Tower or Le Meridian a bit more seriously..
If it makes a difference to you, note that LM has a lounge and an indoor pool.

Park Tower has a bit of a residential feel and apparently has many guests who stay for long periods. It doesn't have much of a lobby other than the area where afternoon tea is served, and that's a windowless area between the front desk and restaurant entrance.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If it makes a difference to you, note that LM has a lounge and an indoor pool.

Park Tower has a bit of a residential feel and apparently has many guests who stay for long periods. It doesn't have much of a lobby other than the area where afternoon tea is served, and that's a windowless area between the front desk and restaurant entrance.
Thanks... Was trying to make the most out of an overnight stay in London before heading back to the US. Thought Park Lane would be classy but it appears that's not the true case despite its star level.

As much as I like the W-Hotels, the one in London comes across as totally wild and loud place based on the reviews I've read about it... Just trying to make sure I get the best bang for the points I plan to turn in for the stay if available.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 4:43 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Depending on flight times, it might make sense to just stay at the Sheraton LHR Skyline for one night.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Depending on flight times, it might make sense to just stay at the Sheraton LHR Skyline for one night.
Thanks!!! We considered doing that but axed it as an option recently. Our flight is at 11:30 am and we're coming to London from Barcelona a day early just to avoid getting up super early to make connection flight and the possible "what if" scenario stuff.

And since we're coming in early (11 am), we figure it best to be in London for at least the afternoon and evening rather than staying at airport and being less inclined to at least visit the city of London regardless of it being a mere 12 stay in the UK.

Besides, our infra-EU flights are via LGW as connection times are conducive out of LHR. Pricing and timing are better to go to final destination via LGW too!
Old Sep 14, 2015, 12:36 pm

You could always check in to a LHR hotel and then take the tube into London for the day/evening. [I'm not sure how late the line operates at night.] This would avoid having to get up quite as early in the morning for your longhaul flight from LHR, especially if taking transportation from London means allowing extra time to get to the correct terminal at LHR, versus the Hotel Hoppa service directly to your departure terminal or the very frequent freee bus service from the Skyline followed by a terminal switch if needed.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
So, I'm in a bit of a pickle with this hotel and need some advice.
Currently, I have 67K points in my account. We're headed to London in August next year with my wife, two kids (10 & 11 at the time) and my in laws. Trying to reserve one room using points and then pay for the other. Was thinking we would get two king rooms and just throw a roll away in each room as all we'll really be doing is sleeping in these rooms.
When I try to book using points for 2 adults and 1 kid. No availability.
When I try to book using points for 2 adults, there are all kinds of rooms.
When I try to book for cash using 2 adults rates are 264GBP.
When I try to book for cash using 2 adults and 1 kid they go up to 318GBP.

Not sure how hotels deal with kids in rooms and if it will be an issue to book for 2 adults and ask for a roll away. Any experience doing this?
Given my relatively small amount of points, I am hoping to maximize the 4 nights +1 free, otherwise, we would do a night at LHR, 3 in the city, and then 1 back at LHR.
Finally, I've seen a few different comments and can't figure it out...what is the platinum benefit here? Is it lounge access, or is there no lounge and you just get breakfast?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old Oct 25, 2015, 11:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Silver, Aeroplan 25K, DVC
Originally Posted by bsdstone
So, I'm in a bit of a pickle with this hotel and need some advice.
Currently, I have 67K points in my account. We're headed to London in August next year with my wife, two kids (10 & 11 at the time) and my in laws. Trying to reserve one room using points and then pay for the other. Was thinking we would get two king rooms and just throw a roll away in each room as all we'll really be doing is sleeping in these rooms.
When I try to book using points for 2 adults and 1 kid. No availability.
When I try to book using points for 2 adults, there are all kinds of rooms.
When I try to book for cash using 2 adults rates are 264GBP.
When I try to book for cash using 2 adults and 1 kid they go up to 318GBP.

Not sure how hotels deal with kids in rooms and if it will be an issue to book for 2 adults and ask for a roll away. Any experience doing this?
Given my relatively small amount of points, I am hoping to maximize the 4 nights +1 free, otherwise, we would do a night at LHR, 3 in the city, and then 1 back at LHR.
Finally, I've seen a few different comments and can't figure it out...what is the platinum benefit here? Is it lounge access, or is there no lounge and you just get breakfast?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!
I'd suggest e-mailing the hotel. I've found in the past that they have been very responsive and flexible.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by Great White North
I'd suggest e-mailing the hotel. I've found in the past that they have been very responsive and flexible.
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Anyone know a good email address?
Old Oct 26, 2015, 7:23 am

This is the duty managers address I have: [email protected]
Old Oct 26, 2015, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tybio
This is the duty managers address I have: [email protected]
Thank you! ^
Old Oct 27, 2015, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum), HHonors Gold
I've always found that it's never been a problem with my 8 year-old son if I just book 2 adults/0 kids when I make the reservation. I've done this at several different hotels. In fact, IIRC, isn't the policy that if you're SPG elite, kids under 17 are always free (up to 2 kids)?

But still, never hurts to coordinate with the hotel. One thing to note about the Park Lane is that not all of the standard rooms are big enough to fit a roll-away. And some rooms actually have a pull-out couch. As a plat, perhaps you'll be able to make sure that you're put into a room with a couch?
Old Oct 29, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Quick update as I've just returned from three nights at the SPL:

Great front desk staff. Everyone we encountered throughout the day and evening was great. Check-in noted my gold status and that it was my birthday. I had booked a jr. suite on a MC "buy two, get one free rate" and had a large three room suite with a separate bedroom, bath, hallway and den w/ a fold-out sleeper. Probably one of the larger rooms I've had in the UK/Europe ever. My friends were in a "two twins" room which was perfectly fine for a couple of guys to crash for the evening.

Note that there is a lot of construction/renovation taking pace and while this in no way interfered with our stay I could see someone being upset if staying for a honeymoon or special occasion where the hotel experience was of importance. Both of our rooms were the old and not renovated but perfectly functional.

The location of the hotel is, of course, its prime asset as it is right in the thick of things and just off the Green Park Tube stop (three tube lines converge at Green Park including the Piccadilly line to/from LHR). Nearly perfect location if you ask me.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 7:49 am

Programs: IHG Diamond/Ambassador, QF LTG, VA G, Marriot LTG, Radisson VIP, Hertz Presidents Club
Is this hotel getting a Club Lounge?

Is this Hotel getting a Club Lounge?

If so, when will it be open?
Old Nov 3, 2015, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Tossa
Is this Hotel getting a Club Lounge?

If so, when will it be open?
Since club lounges are supposed to be part of the brand standard for nonresort Sheratons, I would expect that major renovations would include a lounge unless the place is going to be rebranded.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Thanks... Was trying to make the most out of an overnight stay in London before heading back to the US. Thought Park Lane would be classy but it appears that's not the true case despite its star level.

As much as I like the W-Hotels, the one in London comes across as totally wild and loud place based on the reviews I've read about it... Just trying to make sure I get the best bang for the points I plan to turn in for the stay if available.

I have stayed at all of these properties. The LM and W recently. The Sheraton it has been a few years. I will be at the Sheraton myself around Christmas. The LM sucks. Flat out. They try so little its shameful. I was there in May with a confirmed suite upgrade. I was in London and my wife was meeting me later in the day of checkin. I go to the hotel in the AM and bascially checkin, doing all the paperwork in case my wife went direct from airport to the hotel as I had an engagement and would not be done later. She ended up waiting for me and I we got to the hotel at 6PM. At that point the snotty front desk clerk said SORRY. Sorry means my room is not ready.
I love London. I go all the time. The word Sorry us usually a shoulder shrug and it means too bad for you tough luck. Where was the manager? Hiding most likely.
At 6PM no less. They were busy with a little HP meeting and I can just chill. I told him no way and I was not going to take than nonsense. A miracle my room was magically available. After I got to the room and went down and got a manager. She did not have much to say. Oh Well? No worries. They have a great location so they dont care. I know their regular rooms suck. The lounge is very poor-they dont care. Even my suite had a broken TV in it. The W I stayed one night alone. I love standing naked in the middle of the room as I get out of the shower. Even better was a fire alwarm and flashing light at 4AM. I found out somebody lit a cigarette in their room. Instead of sending security the entire building went off. London is a touh place. The Sheraton is also in a good location in Knightsbridge and in my opinion hands down the best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.