Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:41 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Thanks for the info guys. ^
Old Dec 23, 2015, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
In some places they leave out the Sheraton part and in other places they include it. The hotel is in the Sheraton directory http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat.../all/list.html

And if I recall correctly the Sheraton logo is on the receipt when you check out.
I used a Sheraton free night cert here in November - was surprised that I could use it.

The branding and decor is definitely Sheraton. Not sure why they leave it out of the name.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 1:54 pm

staying in sheraton london park lane to train to paris

staying at London park lane hotel and want to get to train to paris is the station far from hotel , like to get an early train if rail station not to far away
Old Jan 1, 2016, 8:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold
The Park Lane Hotel, London (a Sheraton brand hotel), United Kingdom [Master Thread]

I stayed here at thanksgiving in a renovated room - big change from past. I took Piccadilly line to green park and walked to hotel - you can easily take the tube to St.Pancras/Kings Cross to get the Eurostar to Paris.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 9:34 pm

Programs: Delta PM Hyatt Diamond SPG Plat Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Allie Abby
staying at London park lane hotel and want to get to train to paris is the station far from hotel , like to get an early train if rail station not to far away
I'm currently staying in the hotel. Take tube to Kings cross station and Euro Star is right there.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 5:52 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Allie Abby
Not far : short walk to Green Park Station then 4 stops on the Victoria tube line tp St Pancras International , or about 3 miles if you'd like to walk or take a taxi.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 3:41 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Wow, I have been using this hotel for work trips for over a decade now, what an improvement the renovations are making. They are not entirely done yet, but the have one side of the hotel entirely done and the new rooms are very nice. I got a deco suite on the top floor with sweeping views of the park and city skyline. Nice tasteful decor, really nice to see after so many years of mediocrity.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 4:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DealAddict
Park Lane is not all renovated though... and the more spacious rooms I assume are higher category rooms, not the standard rooms.

I redeemed for a Cubitt Room, which should be fine...Cost 14,500 per night.

I would stay at the Park Lane as well, but no guarantee it would be a renovated room? Plus the Great Northern has more off-peak dates...

EDIT; Called the Park Lane; they claimed rooms that CAN be booked are all renovated. I suppose the classic rooms, while more spacious than those at the Great Northern, are still small?
I stayed in a renovated room at the Park Lane after my stay at GNH - a bit snug between end of king bed and wall with tv but I had a King bed and some space. Am sure my normal door hits the bed rooms still exist there too. my review with photos http://philatravelgirl.com/renovated..._hotel_london/
Old Feb 8, 2016, 4:00 pm
tnw

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Philatravelgirl
I stayed in a renovated room at the Park Lane after my stay at GNH - a bit snug between end of king bed and wall with tv but I had a King bed and some space. Am sure my normal door hits the bed rooms still exist there too. my review with photos http://philatravelgirl.com/renovated..._hotel_london/
Thanks for your informative review and wonderful photos. I can't wait to visit again. This hotel has been our "Go To" London hotel for 16 years and I can't wait to see her new glory fully unveiled!
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:04 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan SE, Marriott LTPPE
Sheraton Park Lane

Originally Posted by Philatravelgirl
Thanks for the very thorough review complete with photos. I have a 7 day stay coming up in April and I look forward to seeing the new renos in person.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 8:05 am

Just booked a room for my wife and I using points. I'm a plat with suite night awards. Which suites should we request and what's the likelihood of getting it. Obviously want one of the new updated rooms.

Also, how intrusive are the renos?
Old Mar 6, 2016, 1:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Well the Park Suites are the best of the ones currently available, whereas the Art Deco suites are more like junior suites.

At the moment whilst the hotel is a bit quieter, all types of rooms are generally available up until a few days before arrival, so a good chance of SNAs clearing. During peak periods, then chances will be a lot lower.

All of the rooms are updated, so no worries on that part. As for the renovations, avoid the classic rooms as these have the old windows and these leak noise. The superior rooms and above have extra glazing, except in the bathrooms which only have the old windows. (Why they didn't replace these, I am not sure as they are terrible)
Old Mar 6, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
I would also avoid room 848 ... with "extreme prejudice"

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/06/alexander-litvinenko-and-the-most-radioactive-towel-in-history

Interestingly enough, someone upthread in 2009 mentions being "upgraded" to this room.

Last edited by porciuscato; Mar 8, 2016 at 11:30 am
Old Mar 13, 2016, 4:54 pm
Suspended

Just stayed two nights here. Upgraded to Art Deco suite. Very nice large room. Also very cold. Heating was intermittent and the size of vent just inadequate for the room. Large bathroom but completely unheated, not even a towel rail. Just felt cold the whole weekend. Bathroom amenities - despite two basins, shower, bidet, bath - one small bar of Sheraton soap and one shower gel. Not great.
The worst though was breakfast today. Buffet was totally understocked with hot items. Most items empty for the hour we were there just trying to get a single plate with bacon, eggs, sausage, beans, hash brown at the same time. Constantly told things were coming - then a chef would appear with a few sausages before disappearing again etc. Kind of farcicial. Lots of apologizing but no-one capable of taking hold of the situation (there were a number of unhappy guests) and making it right. Serious? Maybe not, but for a weekend away it's nice to have a relaxing, lazy Sunday breakfast, read the papers etc. This was nothing like that.
Back to the LM in the future I think. Some things are done well, but basics still not good enough - which matters more to me than some cookies and a half bottle of wine.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by MaxFlying
Just stayed two nights here. Upgraded to Art Deco suite. Very nice large room. Also very cold. Heating was intermittent and the size of vent just inadequate for the room. Large bathroom but completely unheated, not even a towel rail. Just felt cold the whole weekend. Bathroom amenities - despite two basins, shower, bidet, bath - one small bar of Sheraton soap and one shower gel. Not great.
The worst though was breakfast today. Buffet was totally understocked with hot items. Most items empty for the hour we were there just trying to get a single plate with bacon, eggs, sausage, beans, hash brown at the same time. Constantly told things were coming - then a chef would appear with a few sausages before disappearing again etc. Kind of farcicial. Lots of apologizing but no-one capable of taking hold of the situation (there were a number of unhappy guests) and making it right. Serious? Maybe not, but for a weekend away it's nice to have a relaxing, lazy Sunday breakfast, read the papers etc. This was nothing like that.
Back to the LM in the future I think. Some things are done well, but basics still not good enough - which matters more to me than some cookies and a half bottle of wine.
A shame. I recall the breakfast buffet was amazing a few years ago.

Cheers,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.