Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2014, 7:52 am

Any recent stays here? We are going soon and I was wondering about the renovations.

Last edited by darcyt; Nov 21, 2014 at 8:27 am
Old Nov 21, 2014, 8:19 am

Programs: UA 1.5K MM/SPG Plat/Various Random Golds lol
Originally Posted by darcyt
Any recent stays here? We are going next week and I was wondering about the renovations.
I'm in the same boat as a few other post's...will be here for a stay in the next couple weeks and wonder how low I should set my expectations w regard to the renovations!

Cheers
Old Nov 21, 2014, 9:01 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by JSlo
I'm in the same boat as a few other post's...will be here for a stay in the next couple weeks and wonder how low I should set my expectations w regard to the renovations!

Cheers
One wing is undergoing renovations, so as you get out of the lift, the left side is roped off. The rooms on the right are all being used. I got upgraded to a park facing room at the very end, and did not hear any renovation noise. Ok room, but the heating controls not that great, and I had to open the park facing window in the bedroom and the inner yard facing window in the bathroom a few times to cool down the room a bit
Old Nov 21, 2014, 2:28 pm
tnw

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
One wing is undergoing renovations, so as you get out of the lift, the left side is roped off. The rooms on the right are all being used. I got upgraded to a park facing room at the very end, and did not hear any renovation noise. Ok room, but the heating controls not that great, and I had to open the park facing window in the bedroom and the inner yard facing window in the bathroom a few times to cool down the room a bit

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing the progress when we head back in March and April 2015. I do like this property a lot and think the renovations will be much appreciated. I've always liked the location and have had many terrific stays there over the last 14 years.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 10:18 am

Thanks for the update!
Old Dec 13, 2014, 10:47 am

Question on this property, I did not see any real info in the thread which I searched for "lounge".

I am a SPG Plat, is there a lounge here? Is there breakfast? (if not does anyone have an affordable/fast/simple recomendation within a block?) I seem to remember that there is maybe a Pret e manger nearby?

thanks in advance!
Old Dec 13, 2014, 10:49 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Question on this property, I did not see any real info in the thread which I searched for "lounge".

I am a SPG Plat, is there a lounge here? Is there breakfast? (if not does anyone have an affordable/fast/simple recomendation within a block?) I seem to remember that there is maybe a Pret e manger nearby?

thanks in advance!
No lounge. The breakfast option for your amenity is a solid choice though -- full breakfast buffet including hot and cold items. Not the best hotel breakfast buffet I've ever seen, but a very good value as a Platinum amenity.

And yes, it is London, so there are many Prets nearby
Old Dec 13, 2014, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by colerc
No lounge. The breakfast option for your amenity is a solid choice though -- full breakfast buffet including hot and cold items. Not the best hotel breakfast buffet I've ever seen, but a very good value as a Platinum amenity.

And yes, it is London, so there are many Prets nearby
Thanks very helpful! I have my family in tow on this trip, so I'm guessing that the breakfast amenity will apply only to me? Doubtful it would extend to the lot of us, no?
Old Dec 13, 2014, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
And a really good deli behind the hotel that has great food around the clock.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 11:08 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Thanks very helpful! I have my family in tow on this trip, so I'm guessing that the breakfast amenity will apply only to me? Doubtful it would extend to the lot of us, no?
I believe you get 2 people for the amenity. Not sure, assuming you have multiple rooms, if the amenity applies on the additional rooms as well. No idea what the paid rate for the breakfast is, but you could always ask at the front desk (some hotels will give you a discounted rate if you commit up front to buy it for every day of your stay, for example).
Old Dec 13, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Asiana Club Dmnd (*G), AA plat, Alitalia FA, SPG Plat, Accor Plat, HGP Dmnd, HH Dmnd
Stayed about a year ago and it was just for 2 people in the plat room
Old Dec 14, 2014, 3:24 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov

thanks in advance!
The receptionist at check-in said I could have my complimentary breakfast in the room if I wanted to. Not sure if this is offered to every one, or if it was a one off. I find that most hotels, excepts the ones in India, are reluctant to include room service breakfast as complementary and insist that you eat your complementary breakfst in the lounge/restaurant.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
The receptionist at check-in said I could have my complimentary breakfast in the room if I wanted to. Not sure if this is offered to every one, or if it was a one off. I find that most hotels, excepts the ones in India, are reluctant to include room service breakfast as complementary and insist that you eat your complementary breakfst in the lounge/restaurant.
It isn't that unusual to have room service breakfast as an option when you have an inclusive breakfast if you are prepared to pay the tray fee.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 7:42 am

Programs: UA GS, 3MM, Titanium Elite for life
Just back after a two night stay. The internet connection was worse than every, 300kb/s ... but it was symmetric Tiny, hot room for me. Never again if I need to work from the room.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum), HHonors Gold
I stayed in November, and would like to make a couple of points in regard to the above posts.

1) As small ring noted, the Internet is just awful. Slow speeds both up and down (I recorded similar speeds to what was mentioned--definitely less than 1 Mbps). Also had a few occasional drops in service altogether. I stayed back in May as well, and while the Internet wasn't great then either, it wasn't nearly this bad. Really, probably the worst Internet I've ever experienced in a hotel. So if you're going to be in London on business, don't stay here.

2) The breakfast is no longer a buffet. They give you a menu, and you can order whatever you like off of it. It is then prepared by the kitchen and brought out. While this is nice if you're OK with a leisurely breakfast, it's not a good thing for those of us on business who need to be to work at a very specific time. Now, you're essentially sitting there for 15-20 minutes or so waiting for your food to be cooked. That meant that I would need to wake up at least 20 minutes earlier each morning to accommodate the breakfast wait time.

3) The hotel is currently under a long-overdue renovation. However, this means that over half of the hotel is currently closed. For those of you familiar with the layout of the hotel, the entire east wing of the hotel is closed for renovation. This means slim pickings for the rooms that are available. When I was there, I didn't get an upgrade of any sort (whereas I was upgraded to an Executive room in May). Also, while I was there they closed the front desk, and instead have a temporary reception area set up in one of the banquet rooms to the side.

Personally, I'd avoid the Park Lane until the renovation is complete.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.