Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2012, 6:48 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by JohnOClark
Chat with who? Hotel or Starwood
Specifying what post or whom you were replying to might get you a faster answer. Especially when the post you are replying to is from over a month ago. (7/29).

From the context, I'm betting it was online chat with Starwood.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA- exp 8.2MM, SQ, DL, spg plat
Originally Posted by RafKa
r

Historic here just means plain old. Building does no look esp nice from outside, and certainly not from the inside!

Location is pretty much the only saving grace here.

Central London needs a few FourPoints...
location is DEFINITELY the ONLY saving grace for this property..

This kind of reminds me of the old Sheraton Belgravia which was a GREAT place until the owners started letting fall apart to the point where it stopped becoming a Starwood managed properly.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 6:13 am
Suspended

Duplicate
Old Sep 6, 2012, 6:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by wdchuck1
I think that you are referring to the Sheraton Park Tower!!! Easy to make the mistake...
Don't see the similarity here and they are a couple of miles apart, unlike Sheraton Heathrow and Sheraton Skyline Heathrow.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 6:31 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by mario33
Don't see the similarity here and they are a couple of miles apart, unlike Sheraton Heathrow and Sheraton Skyline Heathrow.
I believe they are less than a mile apart.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by mario33
lots of similarities actually....this property used to be a sheraton & has the word park lane in it....the other property is currently a sheraton & has the word park tower in it....also, they are about half a mile apart....i've walked the distance between these 2 properties in about 10 minutes or so....
Old Sep 6, 2012, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
this property used to be a sheraton
It still is.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
It still is.
bad choice of words....i meant the hotel is just known as the park lane hotel, even though it falls under the sheraton group of hotels....i believe it was know as the sheraton park lane hotel at some point, wasn't it????
Old Sep 6, 2012, 7:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
I believe they are less than a mile apart.
They may be (I didn't measure and taking your word for it) but the physical properties and neighborhoods are so different. There is no neighborhood in London called 'Park Tower' but there is a tower by the park, while I guess the other hotel is named after it's proximity to 'Park Lane'.

And if anyone wants to be pedantic, the 2 Sheratons at Heathrow are more than two miles apart ...

Last edited by mario33; Sep 6, 2012 at 8:04 am
Old Sep 6, 2012, 8:25 am

bad choice of words....i meant the hotel is just known as the park lane hotel, even though it falls under the sheraton group of hotels....i believe it was know as the sheraton park lane hotel at some point, wasn't it????
Yeah it was, it seems the Master Thread Title did not change either. It should be The Park Lane Hotel now.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 7:17 am
Suspended

Thanks to this thread, I avoided the studio suite I had booked and instead went with the Executive room.

As a Gold member, booked on points a 5 night award stay in an Exec. room, as don't want to count on a comp. upgrade not coming from hotel management -- seems small amount of points to pay in the scheme of things and better than the 160 - 200 GBP it would cost for an upgrade = not clear if they charge you the 40 GBP on the 5th night free, but probably do; however, they shouldn't with points.

So, other than a Green Park view room what else should I request? Any particular Exec rooms newly re-furbished?

What floors to request or avoid (Read that floor # 6 is the Priceline floor, etc.), and anyone know how the gym/fitness room and its equipment are?

I have read that tea is nice there but at 43 - 50 GBP per person, it seems to me a waste of money. As breakfast is not included for me, any reasonable options at the hotel or nearby?

Many thanks,

NJ
Old Sep 12, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
I've got an upcoming stay next week for 4 nights and my suite nite awards already went through and have me in a "suite: king + single sofa bed" which seems to differ from the studio suite that everyone seems to hate as they are old and dirty. I was just wondering whether this is the way to go instead of requesting an exec room which should be updated.

I will admit that this isn't my first choice to stay in London, but my corporate rate can't be beat relative to all of the other properties.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:36 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I had a two night points stay here at the end of August. I was with my wife and 4yo son so had booked an Executive room. 5 days out my SNA cleared, and we were upgrade to a King Suite 1-bedroom. I've posted some pictures, I thought the suite was small, but nice. The rollaway bed basically ate up all of the open floor space in the "living room" to give you a sense of size of that room.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2502520...ratonparklane/

We tried to check in around 12:30pm, but were told to come back around 2:45pm. Tried again then and had to wait 20 minutes for our room. I saw similar faces doing the same things at the same times, so that must be their standard story.

Great location across the street from Green Park. Less than a 10 minute walk to Buckingham and the Green Park tube stop.

I chose breakfast as my amenity. It's supposed to be good for 2 people, but we never saw a charge for my son. There is a fair amount of variety in the buffet, but would call it average at best.

The concierge was helpful, pointing me to a child-friendly pub (The Last Running Footman) about a 15 minute walk away. Bellmen made no attempt to help our driver unload our baggage from the car (they were nowhere to be found), but did help us load up on our outbound trip.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

got a great rate of £130 a night here for next week....its been a number of years since i stayed here last....any room types i need to look out for????
Old Sep 15, 2012, 5:58 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan SE, Marriott LTPPE
got a great rate of £130 a night here for next week....its been a number of years since i stayed here last....any room types i need to look out for????
Some of their standard rooms are very small so be aware. You got a superb rate for this property. I really like the location - you should try out some of the restaurants and bars in the streets behind the hotel - i quite enjoy them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.