Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cur
Accessing TBIT *A Lounge from T7/T8 at LAX
Originally Posted by 764toHI
Yes, there is an airside connector between T4 through T8. After T7 security, follow the signs to T6, go past the Alaska Airlines Boardroom/Wolfgang Puck and you'll see escalators down to the connector. From T4 to TBIT, follow signs for Gate 41 (near T4 security). Ideally if you have pre-check, I would clear security in T4 for the Star Alliance lounge.
Plan on at least 15-20 minutes walking each way.

This link can answer 99% of the questions asked here.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/staralliance/lounge-finder

No access on UA Domestic First without Star Gold.

Contact number: 310 648 7020
Print Wikipost

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2014, 11:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by da.....L
My CA flight is in Business Class. I have no *A status. Would I be admitted into TBIT so as to use the *A lounge there?
Yes.

Would I have the time to get there, have a shower and then go onto Terminal 4?
I think you mean go on to T2. It would be tight but you can make it if your arrival is on time and the security lines are not too long. Is AA going to interline your bags to CA?

If not, is the best option to use the Air Canada lounge in Terminal 2 or should I try and use another lounge?
There's also the NZ lounge in T2, although it's shown as closing at 11:30 p.m.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:21 am

Programs: QF WP and Lifetime Silver; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes.

I think you mean go on to T2. It would be tight but you can make it if your arrival is on time and the security lines are not too long. Is AA going to interline your bags to CA?

There's also the NZ lounge in T2, although it's shown as closing at 11:30 p.m.
Thanks. Sorry, yes I meant T2 for the CA flight. I am going to have carry on only, so should be ok I hope. I will make my way to TBIT once I land at T4 and then onto T2.

I thought the NZ lounge at T2 was only for NZ passengers in J, but if it's closed in any case it doesn't matter. If my AA flight is a little late, I suppose I should skip TBIT and use the the Air Canada T2 lounge.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA, LH, AS, AB
The Air Canada lounge is dinky. I don't see the difference between it and the UA lounge in T7 (other than being much smaller and less crowded).

I'd try the NZ lounge since it's next door to the AC lounge (at least the last time I flew AC back in July.)
Old Nov 4, 2014, 1:22 am

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WaxComb
The Air Canada lounge is dinky. I don't see the difference between it and the UA lounge in T7 (other than being much smaller and less crowded).

I'd try the NZ lounge since it's next door to the AC lounge (at least the last time I flew AC back in July.)
AC has real food in their lounge...?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by 1353513636
AC has real food in their lounge...?
Yeah. I had a mini bagel once.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA1K
Flying on an LAX-IAD UA award ticket with UA Star Gold status. Got through TBIT security, got friendly questioning as to why I am at this particular terminal. Lounge agent was a little confused by my ticket and asked what airline I was flying and terminal of departure. Now enjoying a light meal before I head back to T7 to catch the red eye. Very nice at 9:30 pm. This beats the UC by miles.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by rodjune
Flying on an LAX-IAD UA award ticket with UA Star Gold status. Got through TBIT security, got friendly questioning as to why I am at this particular terminal. Lounge agent was a little confused by my ticket and asked what airline I was flying and terminal of departure. Now enjoying a light meal before I head back to T7 to catch the red eye. Very nice at 9:30 pm. This beats the UC by miles.
Thanks for the update. I didn't think it was possible. The more you know...
Old Dec 4, 2014, 3:32 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Just want a clarification: no day pass sold at the LAX *G lounge? Also, UC day pass will not grant entry even with a *A boarding pass?
Old Dec 4, 2014, 10:18 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
Just want a clarification: no day pass sold at the LAX *G lounge? Also, UC day pass will not grant entry even with a *A boarding pass?
Definitely no on the UC club pass. I don't believe they sell day passes, either.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
AirNZ do sell "Ad Hoc" lounge passes for NZ lounges at various prices published as part of a lounge table listing.

Since LAX is not in the list I would suggest no such is available.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 1:18 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by serfty
AirNZ do sell "Ad Hoc" lounge passes for NZ lounges at various prices published as part of a lounge table listing.

Since LAX is not in the list I would suggest no such is available.
That is because LAX TBIT lounge isn't considered an NZ lounge despite being run by them.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 12:43 am

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access - UA

Coming in from SYD on UA 840 in J which arrives ~630A and connecting to a UA flight to IAD also in J that leaves at 1130A.

No status with UA -

Can we use the TBIT *A lounge after clearing customs/immigration? It would be nice to have a shower...

And is it as easy as whipping out the boarding pass for the onward flight even though it's way over in T7, or is there something else that needs to be done to get through TBIT security?

Many thanks.....

--jofegan
Old Dec 17, 2014, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by jofegan
Coming in from SYD on UA 840 in J which arrives ~630A and connecting to a UA flight to IAD also in J that leaves at 1130A.

No status with UA -

Can we use the TBIT *A lounge after clearing customs/immigration? It would be nice to have a shower...

And is it as easy as whipping out the boarding pass for the onward flight even though it's way over in T7, or is there something else that needs to be done to get through TBIT security?
You can access the UC in T7 based on the UA international J itinerary, but unfortunately no *A lounge access for a domestic departure (IAD) without *A gold.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:51 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
No problems getting in yesterday on a LAX-SEA flight.

I actively commented to both the line guardians and the TSA that I knew I was in the "wrong terminal". One said "going to do some shopping?" and the other said "coming to see the terminal?" so I just answered yes to both rather than giving the real reason.

Ladies at the lounge had no issues letting me in, but did comment that they don't announce boarding for that flight.

The biggest problem is actually getting out of the terminal - it's not at all obvious where to go, which makes sense given that very few people other than workers would actually walk out! Eventually a look at the map and a bit of a guess got me in the right direction.

All up, if you're in the T7/T8 area I'd allow at least 20 minutes each way to get there and back - probably more to get there depending on the time of day and thus the lines at security, especially given no PreCheck when I was there...
Old Dec 21, 2014, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, I never knew you could get into the air side of TBIT if your BP was for another terminal.

Now, when I flew out of LAX on the Kitty Jet on BR last year in J, I wanted to keep my Hello Kitty lounge invitation. The *A lounge lady wouldn't let me in without surrendering the lounge invitation. It sounds like now people can access the lounge with just the BP (that qualifies)?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.