Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Old May 3, 2016, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cur
Accessing TBIT *A Lounge from T7/T8 at LAX
Originally Posted by 764toHI
Yes, there is an airside connector between T4 through T8. After T7 security, follow the signs to T6, go past the Alaska Airlines Boardroom/Wolfgang Puck and you'll see escalators down to the connector. From T4 to TBIT, follow signs for Gate 41 (near T4 security). Ideally if you have pre-check, I would clear security in T4 for the Star Alliance lounge.
Plan on at least 15-20 minutes walking each way.

This link can answer 99% of the questions asked here.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/staralliance/lounge-finder

No access on UA Domestic First without Star Gold.

Contact number: 310 648 7020
Print Wikipost

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Old Nov 12, 2015, 8:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by docbert
Only if you've got a long connection. UA99 lands just before 7am. The *A lounge doesn't open until 9:20am. You do the math...
There was a report yesterday that it now opens at 7:30 a.m, specifically in reference to an Australia arrival.

United Club Access Questions
Old Nov 13, 2015, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
There was a report yesterday that it now opens at 7:30 a.m, specifically in reference to an Australia arrival.

United Club Access Questions
Interesting. Star Alliance website still says 9:15am, but it does also say "... vary according to winter/summer airline schedules" so it's possible that with the daylight savings changes recently someone now has a flight leaving early enough for it to open earlier.

As of about 2 months ago when I (physically) checked, it was definitely not open at about 8am.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Anyone have recent intel on current opening time of the *A lounge? I'm wondering whether it's worth heading over from T7 around 8:30 a.m.

Edited to Add: So I walked over around 8:45 a.m. They've got one of the two security areas shut down for construction. Security was a total cf - line was probably 100 yards long and hardly moving. I turned around and went back to T7. Won't recommend making this trek until they finish the construction and reopen the second security area.

Last edited by Kacee; Dec 16, 2015 at 11:21 am
Old Jan 26, 2016, 10:51 am

if I'm flying UA F LAX-ORD arriving off NH F NRT-LAX would I be able to access the tbit star lounge? no star status. looks like some people have been able to get in but i'm unclear on the rule.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 11:43 am

Access based on the domestic F ticket is a gray area in Star Alliance . . . it depends on the particular lounge. Based on prior reports, they would probably let you in at TBIT. Note that you would have to clear security twice, first at TBIT and then for your T7 departure on UA.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 8:39 pm

I have no status in Star Alliance. I am not an experienced international traveler, so I'm wondering the logistics of getting around LAX.

Arriving from NRT on SQ F. Leaving UA T7 F. I've got almost 4 hours for the connection.

If I'm understanding correctly, I will be able to access this lounge on arrival. I believe that there is now a connector from TBIT to T4 - which also allows me to walk all the way down to T7 airside.

Am I correct that after I arrive TBIT - I will have to clear immigration/customs (have global access) - but I can remain airside to get to the lounge? Or will I have to go through security again in TBIT to get to the lounge?

Then once I leave the lounge, I can remain airside by traveling down the connectors between the terminals - never having to wait through security? I've read it's not too easy finding your way out ... If flight leaves at 6:30 pm - any recommendations for time I should leave the lounge to get to T7? I do have Pre Check.

Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by Chancensam
Arriving from NRT on SQ F. Leaving UA T7 F. I've got almost 4 hours for the connection.
You always clear immigration and customs when entering the US. You will exit landside. You will have to reclear security to get airside in either TBIT or T7. The airside connector from TBIT to T4 has not yet opened.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 6:55 am

Thanks, Kacee.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
You always clear immigration and customs when entering the US. You will exit landside. You will have to reclear security to get airside in either TBIT or T7. The airside connector from TBIT to T4 has not yet opened.
Recent reports indicate the connector is expected to open next month.

Then one will be able to walk airside between TBIT and all the
Southern terminals.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 5:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Apologies if this has been answered but is it possible to access the lounge as a *G traveling on UA domestic?
Old Jan 29, 2016, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by 764toHI
Apologies if this has been answered but is it possible to access the lounge as a *G traveling on UA domestic?
Yes. I did it two months ago.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 2:55 am

Programs: Costco Gold Star, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Has anyone entered the Business Lounge and then entered the First lounge thru the connecting door?
Old Jan 31, 2016, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Yes, but they'd likely know. There's generally an attendant around.

Originally there was an access code, but more recently that has been done way with.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Has anyone entered the Business Lounge and then entered the First lounge thru the connecting door?
You mean snuck into the F lounge when you're not entitled to access?

Don't forget to fill your backpack with food from the buffet while you're at it.

Old Feb 1, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: AV Diamond, TK ELP, IB Oro, AD Diamante, NZ Gold, QF Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Anyone have recent intel on current opening time of the *A lounge? I'm wondering whether it's worth heading over from T7 around 8:30 a.m.
Currently opening at 07:00 closing with last flight boarding at 00:55.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.