Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
The Private Room is only for those departing and connecting to SQ F class.
The First Class lounge is for those connecting from First Class on Singapore Airlines, those flying First Class on Star Alliance partners, PPS members, etc.
You are allowed one guest into the first class lounge as a First Class passenger, but not into the Private room itself.

FAQ:
Q1: Hi, is there an official site with access rules for the TPR?
A1: There’s no official site other than stating the Private Room is for SQ F.

Q2: I'm flying XXX - SIN in First class and then SIN - YYY in Business/Economy class. Will I have access to TPR based on my inbound First class ticket?
A2: The ability to use TPR on arrival, and when connecting between flights is unpublished, but was mentioned in a Q&A session with Singapore airlines in 2017.
Just show your inbound boarding pass and be departing same day, or overnight, and you’ll be welcomed in.
So do not throw out your inbound boarding pass!

Q3: Where is The Private Room located?
A3: Terminal Three, After Customs & Immigration, Level 3 Near to Gates A. It is accessed which through the main SilverKris Lounge.

Q4: When is it open?
A4: It is open whole day, except for a brief closure from 0230 - 0530 hours.

Q5: Is it open to other first class passengers?
A5: Passengers traveling in First Class on Star Alliance partner airlines, such as Lufthansa to Frankfurt, SWISS to Zurich (or the now discontinued United to Hong Kong/ ANA to Tokyo) are not permitted to use this lounge.
Print Wikipost

SIN Private Room Access

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by wavery83
That would be the plan

I'm confused now (reading other threads). It is or isn't ok? I assumed having checked in would just show our boarding pass at security when coming back through. Or is there a baggage issue?
You cannot check in, clear immigration, go to the lounge, the. decide you wanna go to a hotel in the city. On your re-entry to Singapore through immigration they'd want to know why you are coming back so soon.

Arriving, going to the lounge, then clearing immigration is fine. Then you exit the next morning.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
I'm confused now (reading other threads). It is or isn't ok? I assumed having checked in would just show our boarding pass at security when coming back through. Or is there a baggage issue?
The confusion is because there's two different scenarios which normally get discussed. Yours is a transit scenario; the other one is a pax departing from SIN.

For a pax departing from SIN, he/she cannot leave airside (arrivals/departure area) after entering. So if he checked in to use TPR for dinner the night before, he would have to spend the night in the airport hotel, or the first class lounge.

For you, it's totally OK as long as you exit the airside only once. So you land, head straight to TPR and have early dinner, then exit and grab luggage*, then go have some drinks at Clarke Quay before heading to MBS for the night.

* Important point here -- cross immigration / baggage collection / customs only after you've had your fill of TPR.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by shuigao
For a pax departing from SIN, he/she cannot leave airside (arrivals/departure area) after entering.
For the sake of wavery83 and others who don't reside here, this isn't 100% accurate, but instead should be taken in the context of the link I posted.

Of course a person can leave the airside area. It's not a prison. Abuse of the boarding pass is the issue. I've had to exit the airside area before, due to a personal situation. Point being, if you're questioned about it and you have a legitimate reason, there will be no issue. In my case, if I had been asked I would have just shown the SMS conversation on my phone and it would have been abundantly clear why I was exiting.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Phaze
For the sake of wavery83 and others who don't reside here, this isn't 100% accurate, but instead should be taken in the context of the link I posted.

Of course a person can leave the airside area. It's not a prison. Abuse of the boarding pass is the issue. I've had to exit the airside area before, due to a personal situation. Point being, if you're questioned about it and you have a legitimate reason, there will be no issue. In my case, if I had been asked I would have just shown the SMS conversation on my phone and it would have been abundantly clear why I was exiting.
Legitimate reason being we need a place to sleep and TPR isn't open 24hrs.

I totally get that I can leave. Regarding baggage though...it is is checked through do I just check out to airside without claiming? If I did need to collect baggage presumably I'd need to tell them that was our plan to leave the terminal at some point or would we just do this with the lounge staff?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Regarding baggage though...it is is checked through do I just check out to airside without claiming? If I did need to collect baggage presumably I'd need to tell them that was our plan to leave the terminal at some point or would we just do this with the lounge staff?
If your bags are checked all the way through to your final destination then you need do nothing in Singapore. You simply go through immigration and exit the airport.

If you are required to collect your bags at SIN (for whatever reason, you might want them overnight for example) then you don't need to do anything on arrival... and don't need to inform anyone.

Your bags will come out as normal, and after going around the reclaim they will be taken off and put in secure left luggage (adjacent to the baggage belt). When you are ready to exit the airport you go through immigration, pick up your bags, and leave the airport.

However, for this to work you must pass through immigration at your arrival terminal. If - for example - you arrive at terminal 2, but go to the lounge at terminal 3, you must head back to terminal 2 to clear immigration. This is where your bags will have come out and be waiting for you.

Leaving your bags to get collected for you and stored at left luggage is common, and a well established procedure at SIN. Singapore airport actually tells you to do this if you are going to the transit hotel for example. You absolutely don't need to inform anyone in the airport or the lounge that you are using this service.
wavery83 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
If your bags are checked all the way through to your final destination then you need do nothing in Singapore. You simply go through immigration and exit the airport.

If you are required to collect your bags at SIN (for whatever reason, you might want them overnight for example) then you don't need to do anything on arrival... and don't need to inform anyone.

Your bags will come out as normal, and after going around the reclaim they will be taken off and put in secure left luggage (adjacent to the baggage belt). When you are ready to exit the airport you go through immigration, pick up your bags, and leave the airport.

However, for this to work you must pass through immigration at your arrival terminal. If - for example - you arrive at terminal 2, but go to the lounge at terminal 3, you must head back to terminal 2 to clear immigration. This is where your bags will have come out and be waiting for you.

Leaving your bags to get collected for you and stored at left luggage is common, and a well established procedure at SIN. Singapore airport actually tells you to do this if you are going to the transit hotel for example. You absolutely don't need to inform anyone in the airport or the lounge that you are using this service.
Grand. That makes perfect sense. Assuming we do TPR, do we use the T3 one rather than T2? Flight arrives into T2.

Assuming we check luggage through, we can just leave T3 immigration if we use the TPR at T3?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:39 am

Grand. That makes perfect sense. Assuming we do TPR, do we use the T3 one rather than T2? Flight arrives into T2.

Assuming we check luggage through, we can just leave T3 immigration if we use the TPR at T3?
I've answered my question mostly. I see there is only one TPR and that's at T3. I thought I read some blog where there was one in T2.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've answered my question mostly. I see there is only one TPR and that's at T3. I thought I read some blog where there was one in T2.
There is an F lounge in T2, but only one suites lounge (the TPR), which is in T3.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:40 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
If I'm arriving in Suites at 6am, and I have a separate business class ticket on SilkAir at 9pm the same day, can I use TPR when I get back to the airport later in the day for the silk air flight?

Thanks!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Think I've got the answer to this but just want to confirm. If we arrive JFK - FRA - SIN in Suites and connect to a same day SIN - DPS flight on OTA we will still get TPR access correct?

Currently booked all the way to DPS on SQ F/J but not sure it's worth 25k (12.5k x2) extra vs. just grabbing a cheap Scoot flight (~$100 for seat + baggage) and keeping the 25k miles for another day. Especially if we can have TPR access during the layover and then just hop on a short 2.5 hour flight from there.

Looks like the layover for Scoot would be about 7 hours so we'd likely just pick our bags up, drop them back off, and then go back through immigration in T3 so we could go to TPR until our Scoot flight if SQ isn't willing to check all the way through from JFK - DPS.

Last edited by Duke787; Sep 25, 2017 at 6:46 pm
Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:02 pm

Hi all,
Flying LHR > SIN in suites and will be arriving in T3 at 7.30am. then have our next flight 23:55 also SIA on separate pnr SIN > NRT In business also leaving from T3(will be asking in London if it's possible to check bags in all the way even though separate PNR's).
plan on heading into the city for lunch etc but at 7.30am a bit early for that, are we able to make use of the first lounge when we land for a few hour before heading
Reading previous posts the way I understand if bags are not checked all the way we should collect bags use the luggage hold service then head to lounge then at some stage head to city. Upon return head back to luggage hold service collect bags then check in for next flight?
Or have I got it all wrong... Thanks for the help everyone.

Last edited by Schumi5; Sep 27, 2017 at 10:02 pm Reason: Correction
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Schumi5
Hi all,
Flying LHR > SIN in suites and will be arriving in T3 at 7.30am. then have our next flight 23:55 also SIA on separate pnr SIN > NRT In business also leaving from T3(will be asking in London if it's possible to check bags in all the way even though separate PNR's).
plan on heading into the city for lunch etc but at 7.30am a bit early for that, are we able to make use of the first lounge when we land for a few hour before heading
Reading previous posts the way I understand if bags are not checked all the way we should collect bags use the luggage hold service then head to lounge then at some stage head to city. Upon return head back to luggage hold service collect bags then check in for next flight?
Or have I got it all wrong... Thanks for the help everyone.
If you have to collect your bags you do nothing on arrival in Singapore.

You disembark, head straight to the lounge. Do nothing about your bags. You do not need to tell anyone.

When you have finished in the lounge, proceed to immigration and baggage reclaim. You MUST enter Singapore using the immigration hall where your flight landed. For example, if you land at T2, but go to the TPR in T3, when you go to leave the airport you must head back to T2.

Once you complete immigration, go to the baggage reclaim area, your bags will have been taken off the reclaim and stored at left luggage. This is immediately adjacent to the baggage belts.

Collect your luggage. Head upstairs to check it in (you can check in up to 24 hours prior to your flight) then head off to town.

One your return head directly to passport control and to the lounge.

If you did as you proposed in your post... collect bags, then try to head back to the lounge, you would potentially run in to issues trying to enter Singapore a second time when you wanted to go to town. This could be considered a case of abuse of boarding pass.
FlyerEC likes this.

Last edited by LHR/MEL/Europe FF; Sep 28, 2017 at 1:40 am
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:36 pm

Great, thanks for your help and thorough reply! Will be using your method that's for sure.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 11:34 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
If I arrive from DXB-SIN in F and then connect owards SIN-SYD in J (upgrade to Suites unlikely to clear as it is on the new A380/SQ221), will I get access to The Private Room during my stopover? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Work-Shy
If I arrive from DXB-SIN in F and then connect owards SIN-SYD in J (upgrade to Suites unlikely to clear as it is on the new A380/SQ221), will I get access to The Private Room during my stopover? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Yes you do! Access is granted by way of inbound boarding pass. Onward flight in business class doesn't matter.
Work-Shy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.