Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
The Private Room is only for those departing and connecting to SQ F class.
The First Class lounge is for those connecting from First Class on Singapore Airlines, those flying First Class on Star Alliance partners, PPS members, etc.
You are allowed one guest into the first class lounge as a First Class passenger, but not into the Private room itself.

FAQ:
Q1: Hi, is there an official site with access rules for the TPR?
A1: There’s no official site other than stating the Private Room is for SQ F.

Q2: I'm flying XXX - SIN in First class and then SIN - YYY in Business/Economy class. Will I have access to TPR based on my inbound First class ticket?
A2: The ability to use TPR on arrival, and when connecting between flights is unpublished, but was mentioned in a Q&A session with Singapore airlines in 2017.
Just show your inbound boarding pass and be departing same day, or overnight, and you’ll be welcomed in.
So do not throw out your inbound boarding pass!

Q3: Where is The Private Room located?
A3: Terminal Three, After Customs & Immigration, Level 3 Near to Gates A. It is accessed which through the main SilverKris Lounge.

Q4: When is it open?
A4: It is open whole day, except for a brief closure from 0230 - 0530 hours.

Q5: Is it open to other first class passengers?
A5: Passengers traveling in First Class on Star Alliance partner airlines, such as Lufthansa to Frankfurt, SWISS to Zurich (or the now discontinued United to Hong Kong/ ANA to Tokyo) are not permitted to use this lounge.
Print Wikipost

SIN Private Room Access

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2016, 12:12 am

Programs: AA EXPLAT, AS MVP 75K, Star Alliance Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, SPG GOLD, HH Gold
Arrive via LAX>NRT>SIN @3am in F suites and leave @9am SIN>DPS in J since they do not have F on that route but it is on the same 1st class redemption award ticket....I would hope my fiancee and I would have access??? (I understand the Private Room doesn't open until 5/530 but would the opportunity to go for a few hours) Thanks for any info in advance!

Levi
Old Feb 27, 2016, 3:45 am

In short: yes. (But just to clarify, no guesting into the TPR - both of you will need to have arrived in F)
Old Feb 27, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: AA EXPLAT, AS MVP 75K, Star Alliance Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, SPG GOLD, HH Gold
Originally Posted by stargold
In short: yes. (But just to clarify, no guesting into the TPR - both of you will need to have arrived in F)
Great to hear! Yes we are both arriving in F and departing in J, thank you! ^
Old Apr 24, 2016, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Levi Maeschan
Arrive via LAX>NRT>SIN @3am in F suites and leave @9am SIN>DPS in J since they do not have F on that route but it is on the same 1st class redemption award ticket....I would hope my fiancee and I would have access??? (I understand the Private Room doesn't open until 5/530 but would the opportunity to go for a few hours) Thanks for any info in advance!

Levi
HI Levi,
I am in the same boat, LAX-NRT-SIN @3AM in Suites, then SIN-SGN at 9AM same day in J (no F available), hopefully they allow me to TPR, pls report your experiences, have a nice trip!!!
Old Apr 24, 2016, 7:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by hondaman82
I am in the same boat, LAX-NRT-SIN @3AM in Suites, then SIN-SGN at 9AM same day in J (no F available), hopefully they allow me to TPR.
Yes, you most certainly will have access.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by shuigao
Awesome, thanks Shuigao!
Old Apr 25, 2016, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
I've seen this mentioned, but never confirmed. Is there TPR access with an incoming SQ F ticket (IAH-DME-SIN) and connecting (on a separate ticket) to another *A airline (say SIN-KIX or SIN-ICN). The key here is that the departing airline is not SQ but the incoming is SQ F.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 8:12 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by jasonvr
I've seen this mentioned, but never confirmed. Is there TPR access with an incoming SQ F ticket (IAH-DME-SIN) and connecting (on a separate ticket) to another *A airline (say SIN-KIX or SIN-ICN). The key here is that the departing airline is not SQ but the incoming is SQ F.
The conventional wisdom used to be "SQ doesn't provide arrivals lounge access so you're out of luck." But it seems lately that's changed to "it is an unpublished benefit, but you DO get TPR access on arrival from SQ F."

Thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...flights-4.html
Old Apr 25, 2016, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
The conventional wisdom used to be "SQ doesn't provide arrivals lounge access so you're out of luck." But it seems lately that's changed to "it is an unpublished benefit, but you DO get TPR access on arrival from SQ F."

Thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...flights-4.html
Excellent! Thanks for the pointer to the other thread
Old Apr 26, 2016, 2:36 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Not immediately though. The private room shuts overnight for a few hours.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 6:39 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Use the F lounge while TPR is closed. They are connected meaning you go through theT3 F lounge to get to the TPR.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 8:05 am

Is there any protocol that frowns about TPR users from using First lounge? In the past my girlfriend is not a fan from some of the attention in the TPR?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 1:44 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by coffee18
Is there any protocol that frowns about TPR users from using First lounge? In the past my girlfriend is not a fan from some of the attention in the TPR?
You can use whatever lounge you feel comfortable in.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by WLG Base
You can use whatever lounge you feel comfortable in.
Last time we were in the TPR a truly obnoxious family of seven came in and started bellowing at the tops of their voices. We quickly decamped to the relative peace of the First lounge. The TPR agent was in equal parts horrified and amused that we were moving "down".
Old Apr 26, 2016, 4:38 pm

That happens A LOT. It's why I spend most of my time in the F lounge and not TPR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.