Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Any advice welcomed: gaining (arrivals) lounge access @ Changi inbetween 2 SQ flights

Any advice welcomed: gaining (arrivals) lounge access @ Changi inbetween 2 SQ flights

Old Apr 14, 2016, 1:07 pm

I've seen many people denied. I know a lot of the lounge staff so I'll have to directly ask them. Expecting a variety of answers though.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
TPR access for arr pax

I am currently ensconced in TPR enjoying PH Rare, OJ, Perrier, SQs great coffee and eggs beno - now I qizzed staff at entrance re access for arr pax - it's really straight forward and unequivocal.

Access to TPR is available to ALL SQ R and F pax on day of arrival - regardless of onward flts or intended activities on that day. As I posted earlier this is an unpublished benefit that does not appear in Ts and Cs - just front up to SKL with your BP and you are good to go.

All staff should be totally aware of this arr benefit - if queried press to see senior staff reps.

Indeed I flew in from MEL on 218 in F this morn - another F pax on same flt had onward flt in SQ J today - she went to SKL J thinking that is where she should go but I went and found her and told her of her eligibility to access TPR whilst awaiting connection - she was welcomed into TPR without hesitation.

Last edited by Cruiser Elite; Apr 17, 2016 at 5:01 pm
Old Apr 23, 2016, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Phaze
I've seen many people denied. I know a lot of the lounge staff so I'll have to directly ask them. Expecting a variety of answers though.
Again I am currently ensconced in TPR after arr on 831 PVG-SIN. I flashed my maroon PVG-SIN BP stub to lounge staff at entry to SKL - flashed it again at entry to F section - flashed it again at entry to TPR - warmly welcomed at all 3 stations - no mention at all of any onward F flt.

Seems they don't actually turn arriving F pax away but rather welcome them and openly adhere to the unpublished lounge access on arrival for R/F pax as I have previously indicated.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 7:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I had no issue accessing TPR after arriving on SQ 11 in F.

Or rather, I had an issue because it wasn't open yet, so I sat in the F lounge. At 0530, they came over to invite me into TPR.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I had no issue accessing TPR after arriving on SQ 11 in F.

Or rather, I had an issue because it wasn't open yet, so I sat in the F lounge. At 0530, they came over to invite me into TPR.
read this too late. I was on SQ11 and would hv gone to the lounge if i was aware of such arrival benefits. Good info though for future flights. Tks.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 6:14 pm

Awesome news, I also arrive to SIN at 3 AM on Suites,and have another flight to SGN on J 6hrs later, can't wait to try the famous TPR

Last edited by hondaman82; Apr 24, 2016 at 10:18 pm
Old Apr 24, 2016, 9:56 pm

TPR opens 05:30 - R/F arrivees can enjoy SKL F until opening time - staff will know who you are and come find you if you happen to nod off or forget time. F loung Chsmpers I'd VC Ponsardin 2004 - not as good as the PH Rare in TPR but reasonable warmer upper.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 12:39 pm

TPR access

I'm arriving at 5:30a from Houston via Moscow (in first), leaving a few days later. I understand the unpublished benefit that should allow missus and I access to TPR, but I have a silly question to ask: I assume I can't/shouldn't collect my baggage before heading over to the lounge, right? Soooo....does SQ just corral it somewhere until I fetch it?

tx
Old Aug 9, 2016, 4:27 am

You cannot collect then go to lounge as luggage collection is post immig - just leave it until you are ready to dep Changi terminal - it will be as safe as a church - it will just sit for an hour or 2 then go to unclaimed luggage hold - as long as you have luggage stubb you can collect anytime.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by pbl22
And in Singapore, if it's policy, it's carried out to the letter.

There's no such thing as "sure mate, you look like a nice guy, feel free to come in here for a while."
OT, but as an illustration of the mindset behind "carrying out to the letter", on SQ2 last night:

Passenger - "Can I please have a glass of water?
Stewardess - "Hot or Cold?"
Passenger - "Doesn't matter."
Passenger - "Just any glass of water, doesn't matter."
Passenger - "Cold."
Old Aug 12, 2016, 10:30 pm

That's an improvement. Normally, after the response their brain breaks and it ends there.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
At the risk of beating a dead horse, I'm flying Suites LAX-SIN arriving at 3am.

There are quite a few posts saying arriving passengers do not get access. However, is that "policy" or "experience" (or both)?
Originally Posted by WLG Base
Policy
Originally Posted by pbl22
And in Singapore, if it's policy, it's carried out to the letter.

There's no such thing as "sure mate, you look like a nice guy, feel free to come in here for a while."
I am not sure just how many times this has to be posted - BUT - it is an unpublished benefit that ALL arriving R/F pax can enjoy TPR access regardless of their intended activities later that day - ie if you are dep on SQ J or Y flt later that day - if you are in transit and dep on any other carrier that day - if your dest is SIN or you are o/n in SIN you can still enjoy TPR on day of arrival. This is not a maybe - it is unequivocal and you will be warmly welcomed.

Bear in mind TPR closed from dep last SQ flt til 05:30 daily - SKL F still open so you can enjoy that until TPR re-opens.

Last edited by Cruiser Elite; Aug 14, 2016 at 1:34 am
Old Aug 14, 2016, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
The Private Room is nice but it isn't absolutely wonderful. Only good thing about it is there are less people there.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Only good thing about it is there are less people there.
The only good thing? Really?

PH Rare Champagenr recently voted best vintage Champagne on the planet not worth mentioning?

Seriously high quality French and Italian red wines not worth mentioning?

Lobster for breakfast, lunch or dinner not worth mentioning?

Unlimited meal alternatives provided chef has ingredients (you are not restricted to menu selections) not worth mentioning?

Waiter service in dining room or in any seat you select in TPR to cater to every request you might have not worth mentioning?

Apart from snooze rooms what exactly is TPR lacking?
Old Aug 14, 2016, 4:04 am

Everything. Most overrated 'premium' F lounge on the planet.

Originally Posted by Cruiser Elite
The only good thing? Really?

PH Rare Champagenr recently voted best vintage Champagne on the planet not worth mentioning?

Seriously high quality French and Italian red wines not worth mentioning?

Lobster for breakfast, lunch or dinner not worth mentioning?

Unlimited meal alternatives provided chef has ingredients (you are not restricted to menu selections) not worth mentioning?

Waiter service in dining room or in any seat you select in TPR to cater to every request you might have not worth mentioning?
Try the QR BUSINESS lounge at LHR, has pretty much everything you've mentioned and puts TPR to shame.

Fyi, there's no lobster for breakfast at TPR and the chefs seldom deviate from the menu. It's very hit and miss, certainly not frequent enough to be called a feature.

The main thing it has going for it is the relative calm. Until that's wrecked by some disgusting family.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.