DL Gold SkyMiles AMEX Credit Card Offer E-mail 5/1/09 [35-50k + SkyClub Passes]

Subscribe
Aloha everyone, I received an email back on the 14th of April stating that our Worldperks credit card would no longer be good for earning miles...I've been following the threads regarding that issue.

In the email it says that, "In the next two weeks you will receive a very special Delta SkyMiles Credit Card offer. This will be one of our best offers ever!"

I'm wondering if anyone has had such an offer. If so, can someone point me in the right direction? I've done quite a bit of searching and have had no luck finding anything yet.

Currently have a platinum amex with Skymiles and am wondering if they are consciously neglecting me since they have nothing to gain by giving me a new offer :0) Any thoughts from you guys here at flyertalk are greatly appreciated on this topic or travel out of SEA-AMS and into the Middle East. Just hit platinum this year and always looking for advice!
Quote: Aloha everyone, I received an email back on the 14th of April stating that our Worldperks credit card would no longer be good for earning miles...I've been following the threads regarding that issue.

In the email it says that, "In the next two weeks you will receive a very special Delta SkyMiles Credit Card offer. This will be one of our best offers ever!"

I'm wondering if anyone has had such an offer. If so, can someone point me in the right direction? I've done quite a bit of searching and have had no luck finding anything yet.

Currently have a platinum amex with Skymiles and am wondering if they are consciously neglecting me since they have nothing to gain by giving me a new offer :0) Any thoughts from you guys here at flyertalk are greatly appreciated on this topic or travel out of SEA-AMS and into the Middle East. Just hit platinum this year and always looking for advice!
On Tuesday of this week, I received a letter in the mail saying that the merger is progressing and that my miles are safe (as if I didn't already know that). It referred to a "generic" card to be offered by US Bank and that I should also expect a "best offer ever" for the SkyMiles AmEx in the next two weeks.

I don't know if I'll sign up for it, but things certainly are about to get interesting.
"This will be one of the best offers ever"

I like the sound of that.

However, I want to get an AMEX now. I'm waisting valuable time as far as earning EQM's for 2009, and things like that make me want to sit on the fence and wait to see if the offer is better than what they have now.

So, do I act now and potentially miss out on the "best offer ever" in the next two weeks... or do I get a card now to make sure I keep earning miles and EQMs, only to be screwed out of whatever make-good Delta might offer with "the best offer ever"

They should just have announced what the best offer is. They're making this disaster even more dificult to deal with because they're not telling us NOW what to do. What the heck?
Quote: "This will be one of the best offers ever"

However, I want to get an AMEX now. I'm waisting valuable time as far as earning EQM's for 2009, and things like that make me want to sit on the fence and wait to see if the offer is better than what they have now.

So, do I act now and potentially miss out on the "best offer ever" in the next two weeks... or do I get a card now to make sure I keep earning miles and EQMs, only to be screwed out of whatever make-good Delta might offer with "the best offer ever"

They should just have announced what the best offer is. They're making this disaster even more dificult to deal with because they're not telling us NOW what to do. What the heck?
I agree. If they want to get new customers, they should come out with their offer now to prevent people from migrating elsewhere.

Having said that, I will stick with USB for the short term and see what comes out of this. There's a chance we might be able to keep accruing the WP miles until 8/22.
Quote: "This will be one of the best offers ever"

I believe you can apply for subsequent offers but your bonus miles will be limited to the incremental mileage over what you have already received for your previous AMEX application(s).
DL Gold SkyMiles AMEX Credit Card Offer E-mail 5/1/09 [35-50k + SkyClub Passes]
I should be asleep but thought I would check my email first and got the following......

Dear BURJ,

Recently, we told you a great offer was on the way. As promised, here it is. And it's all yours when you get the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express - the official Card of the world's largest airline. Apply now.

Get up to 40,000 bonus miles and two Delta Sky ClubTM day passes1.
You'll receive 25,000 bonus miles after your very first purchase2 and another 15,000 bonus miles after spending $1,0003 or more within the first three months of Cardmembership. That's more than enough for an Award Ticket - almost two of them4! And, you'll also receive two free day passes to Delta Sky Club (formerly Northwest WorldClubs® and Delta Crown Room Club®).

Add to the Miles You Already Have
Later this year, WorldPerks will merge into the SkyMiles® program5. Right now, you can link your WorldPerks and SkyMiles accounts and transfer miles between them. And the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card is the only Credit Card that lets you add to the miles you already have.

Keep the Miles Coming, and So Much More
In addition to earning miles, you pay no annual fee the first year - a $95 savings6. You also get double miles on Delta and Northwest purchases7, on top of earning one mile on nearly every dollar spent elsewhere8. And you enjoy the exclusive Pay with Miles feature, which lets you use miles to pay for a portion or all of Delta and Northwest fares9.

This Offer Won't Last Long
Get up to 40,000 bonus miles and two Delta Sky Club day passes. Hurry, this offer ends May 31, 2009. Apply for the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card now.

So if I am reading this right I could get 40K miles and two passes to the SkyClub for FREE?

I didn't get a chance to look through the fine print....but I'm sure y'all will get the same email and will debate the pros and cons...seems pretty good to me at first glance...
I reveiced an offer for 25k after the first purchase and an additional 25k after $10k spent in 6 months. It's better than earlier offers but I'm not sure even this will be worth it with the recent devaluations in DL miles.
Quote: I reveiced an offer for 25k after the first purchase and an additional 25k after $10k spent in 6 months. It's better than earlier offers but I'm not sure even this will be worth it with the recent devaluations in DL miles.
That's what I got plus 4 SkyClubs passes.

Quote:
Get up to 50,000 bonus miles and four Delta Sky ClubTM day passes1. And that's just for starters.
nwa.com® : Book Flight : Car : Hotel : Vacation Packages : Promotions : WorldPerks® : KLM : Delta-NWA Merger FAQs

Dear slippahs,

Recently, we told you a great offer was on the way. As promised, here it is. And it's all yours when you get the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express - the official Card of the world's largest airline. Apply now.

Get up to 50,000 bonus miles and four Delta Sky ClubTM day passes1.
You'll receive 25,000 bonus miles after your very first purchase2 and another 25,000 bonus miles after spending $10,0003 or more within the first six months of Cardmembership. That's enough for two Award Tickets4. And, you'll also receive four free day passes to Delta Sky Club (formerly Northwest WorldClubs® and Delta Crown Room Club®).

Later this year, WorldPerks will merge into the SkyMiles® program5. Right now, you can link your WorldPerks and SkyMiles accounts and transfer miles between them. And the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card is the only Credit Card that lets you add to the miles you already have.

In addition to earning miles, you pay no annual fee the first year - a $95 savings6. You also get double miles on Delta and Northwest purchases7, on top of earning one mile on nearly every dollar spent elsewhere8. And you enjoy the exclusive Pay with Miles feature, which lets you use miles to pay for a portion or all of Delta and Northwest fares9.

Get up to 50,000 bonus miles and four Delta Sky Club day passes. Hurry, this offer ends May 31, 2009. Apply for the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card now.
SO got this:
Quote:
Get up to 35,000 bonus miles.
You'll receive 25,000 bonus miles after your very first purchase1 and another 10,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases within your first three months of becoming a Cardmember2. That's more than enough for an Award Ticket3!
You don't need to wait, the promo is out: https://www.deltaamexcard.com/

Get up to 50,000 bonus miles and a free* companion ticket.
You'll receive 25,000 bonus miles after your very first purchase1 and another 25,000 bonus miles after spending $10,0002 or more within the first six months of Cardmembership. That's enough for two Award Tickets3! And, you'll also receive a free* companion Coach Class ticket.

Later this year, WorldPerks will merge with the SkyMiles® program4. Right now, you can link your WorldPerks and SkyMiles accounts and transfer miles between them. And the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card is the only Credit Card that lets you add to the miles you already have.

In addition to earning miles, you pay no annual fee the first year - a $95 savings5. You also get double miles on Delta and Northwest purchases6, on top of earning one mile on nearly every dollar spent elsewhere7. And you enjoy the exclusive Pay with Miles feature, which lets you use miles to pay for a portion or all of Delta and Northwest fares8.

Get up to 50,000 bonus miles and a free* companion ticket. Hurry, this offer ends May 31, 2009. Apply for the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card now.
Nothing here for me but enjoy ....
No EQMs/MQMs, though. Zero.

They're going to have to work harder than that if they want to replace the WorldPerks Visa Signature.
I received the 40,000 mile offer and a free companion ticket. No skyclub passes.
I have received the 50k + free companion ticket offer. Another account I manage received only a 20k offer + 5k more after the first purchase (and annual fee waived).

Nothing too exciting here, especially considering how well I've been treated by US Bank in the past.
I never got the email (For some reason I never got the one two weeks ago either), but I checked my offer on the website (thanks MikeMpls) I got the 25k after first purchase, 25k after spending $10,000 in 6 months, plus 4 club passes. Annual fee waived.

That's nice, but no EQMs, so this is not a replacement for the US Bank Visa, which is why I was looking at the Plat or Reserve cards. Does anyone here know if this offer applies to those cards as well, which of course, carries a much higher fee?

I want a replacement for what I had. That's a card that can earn EQMs, because I spend a ton of money with the card. I really don't like the $150/$450 fee, when, the US Bank card gave me EQM's for what was the fee again... like $90? They need to extend these offers for the Plat/Reserve cards, reduce or eliminate the annual fees, and if I'm spending $450 it should be a SkyClub MEMBERSHIP, not just "Access" so that I can use partner lounges as well.

So, to get EQM, Why should we pay more in annual fees ($150/$450) to get LESS than what we got with the US Bank card? I mean, less merchant acceptance, problems using it overseas, some have reported extremely low credit limits that make it impossible to achieve the EQM/MQM targets. **IS ANYONE AT DELTA PAYING ATTENTION?**

The 50k bonus miles are nice, because Delta needs to make good on this disaster they call a merger. These bonuses need to extend to the Plat/Reserve cards as well.

Are these people at Delta/AMEX out of touch or what? I'll say this again, **IS ANYONE AT DELTA PAYING ATTENTION?*
I got the 25K plus 15K and 2 passes, annual fee waived first year.

My only other AMEX is the HH one, for points, so am I correct to assume that I would receive the full miles in this promotion? Logic tells me yes, but...!

I saw a mention about the Visa WP, I called specifically about mine and was told that I will earn miles for purchases through May 15, that the end date all depends on statement closing dates.
Quote: I got the 25K plus 15K and 2 passes, annual fee waived first year.

My only other AMEX is the HH one, for points, so am I correct to assume that I would receive the full miles in this promotion? Logic tells me yes, but...!

I saw a mention about the Visa WP, I called specifically about mine and was told that I will earn miles for purchases through May 15, that the end date all depends on statement closing dates.
That might be the case, but if you were participating in the EQM, apparently 4/27 is the last date those accrue.