Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL Gold SkyMiles AMEX Credit Card Offer E-mail 5/1/09 [35-50k + SkyClub Passes]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL Gold SkyMiles AMEX Credit Card Offer E-mail 5/1/09 [35-50k + SkyClub Passes]

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2009, 7:43 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
50K + Companion ticket here.

I'm guessing that current "SkyClub" members get the companion ticket offer, and that the mileage is divided up by elite level (50K plat, 40K Gold, 35K silver, 25K base) or something similar.
Old May 1, 2009, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
On Tuesday of this week, I received a letter in the mail saying that the merger is progressing and that my miles are safe (as if I didn't already know that). It referred to a "generic" card to be offered by US Bank and that I should also expect a "best offer ever" for the SkyMiles AmEx in the next two weeks.

I don't know if I'll sign up for it, but things certainly are about to get interesting.
I did too. I love how they are trying to be coy about how they are litigation war with each other with these childish games of sending me mail and saying, "oh, don't use their card, ours is better."

Originally Posted by robbert
I reveiced an offer for 25k after the first purchase and an additional 25k after $10k spent in 6 months. It's better than earlier offers but I'm not sure even this will be worth it with the recent devaluations in DL miles.
Same here, email today. My "amazing offer."
Old May 1, 2009, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by GBadger

I'm guessing that current "SkyClub" members get the companion ticket offer, and that the mileage is divided up by elite level (50K plat, 40K Gold, 35K silver, 25K base) or something similar.
I am not a SkyClub member, but I still got the companion ticket offer. I am not elite on NW, but still received a 40,000 mile offer.

Perhaps they only go by your spending levels on the USB card.

Anyone know if there are any new promotions for the reserve card?
Old May 1, 2009, 8:01 am

I get NWA e-mails for a bunch of family members.

Most of us got the 35k offer (25k after first purchase + 10k after $1000 in purchases).

My not-yet-two-year-old son got an offer for 25k, though (20k after first purchase + up to 5k for adding additional card members).

And one family member, who is incidentally the biggest spender of all family members, but does not have the highest elite status, got the 50k + free companion ticket offer (25k after first purchase, 25k after $10k more purchases + free companion ticket).

I wonder how they decide who gets what? They must have some sort of access to credit histories, I suppose.
Old May 1, 2009, 8:38 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1+MM / HH Lifetime Diamond

I think you're onto something.

I'm Silver, but have been Gold alot in the past, plus I put 75k+ on my US Bank card annually. Not a SkyClub member.

I got the 50k + 4 SkyClub offer.

Again, I'm not happy because the promotion is on the card that does not offer the EQM promotion. If It was on that I'd be happy.
Old May 1, 2009, 8:55 am

Stupid question for the day...Assume you don't have a SkyMiles account (I do, but have no clue what my # is or any info pertaining to it). Do they make you open a SkyMiles account first or drop the miles in your NWA account since it's soon to be converted to SkyMiles? The latter sounds doubtful but I'm curious.

I got the 40K offer and I have no status. Fly a fair amount, 100% leisure. I can see going forward with this amazing offer and canceling after the 1sy year when the $95 fee kicks in (or whatever it is). Waived the first year.

Last edited by lovetotravel06; May 1, 2009 at 9:09 am
Old May 1, 2009, 8:59 am

Programs: DL DM & 1MM, AA, BA, National Emerald

I have not figured this out at all I guess I am PE, Skyclub (yuk - still want WorldClub Name) member and have the NW Visa card and got this offer:
Get up to 35,000 bonus miles.
You'll receive 25,000 bonus miles after your very first purchase and another 10,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases within your first three months of becoming a Cardmember. That's more than enough for an Award Ticket!

No nothing on top of offer, just miles!

My wife is no elite and got same offer and my two kids got the 20 + 5 bonus offer.

No telling how they figure this out.
Old May 1, 2009, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by gatechange
I have not figured this out at all I guess I am PE, Skyclub (yuk - still want WorldClub Name) member and have the NW Visa card and got this offer:
Get up to 35,000 bonus miles.
You'll receive 25,000 bonus miles after your very first purchase and another 10,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases within your first three months of becoming a Cardmember. That's more than enough for an Award Ticket!

No nothing on top of offer, just miles!

My wife is no elite and got same offer and my two kids got the 20 + 5 bonus offer.

No telling how they figure this out.
I'm going to guess you don't use your WP Visa (US Bank) card much. Correct?
Old May 1, 2009, 9:39 am

Programs: DL DM & 1MM, AA, BA, National Emerald
Originally Posted by lovetotravel06
I'm going to guess you don't use your WP Visa (US Bank) card much. Correct?
Only for 50K or more a year!! Go figure...
Old May 1, 2009, 9:42 am

I received the 40K offer, no other perks. Need to charge $1000 in the first three months, with no fee for the first year.
Old May 1, 2009, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by gatechange
Only for 50K or more a year!! Go figure...
That shoots my theory in the ***..lol.. I spend around that much, maybe a bit more but same ball park and I got the 40K offer (with no NW status!). Go figure indeed!
Old May 1, 2009, 10:11 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lovetotravel06
That shoots my theory in the ***..lol.. I spend around that much, maybe a bit more but same ball park and I got the 40K offer (with no NW status!). Go figure indeed!
Yeah, and I spend under half of that, but got the 50K miles offer.
Old May 1, 2009, 10:19 am

Programs: DL GM; SPG- Gold; HH-Diamond; IHG-Gold
@#$%#$!!!! I just applied for my SkyMiles Axex last weekend. Oh well. I got 25k sign-up and another 10k after first $1k in spend, plus no fee first year. Not bad, but could have used the extra bonus miles and sky lounge passes.
Old May 1, 2009, 10:39 am

Yeah, and I spend under half of that, but got the 50K miles offer.
You're Plat however (but so was/is he)! Not sure about the formula! lol
Old May 1, 2009, 10:40 am

Does anyone think there is any possibility to negotiate a deal that is better for your personal situation?

I didn't see a phone number on the offer e-mail, but what about calling AmEx to see if they could offer SkyClub passes in addition to, or in exchange for, the campanion pass.

Curious to see if they're be willing to do some reasonable "dealing" to earn some business from people like me that might be on the fence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.