Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL Gold SkyMiles AMEX Credit Card Offer E-mail 5/1/09 [35-50k + SkyClub Passes]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL Gold SkyMiles AMEX Credit Card Offer E-mail 5/1/09 [35-50k + SkyClub Passes]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2009, 4:23 pm

My original offer was the 30K offer. I received a letter 2 days ago that mentioned the fact that I had not responded to the offer and presented the improved offer good until July 10.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 1:59 pm

I received my gold card but haven't activated it yet. For the bonus miles: does the 3 months start after activation or after issue?
Old Jun 22, 2009, 11:26 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
OK, now that we've all converted to the DL Skymiles AmEx we are being punished for booking on NWA.COM. As far as I can tell, the double miles for DL purchases only count on DL.COM.

Best-in-class!
Old Jun 23, 2009, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by robbert
OK, now that we've all converted to the DL Skymiles AmEx we are being punished for booking on NWA.COM. As far as I can tell, the double miles for DL purchases only count on DL.COM.

Best-in-class!
So I noticed as well, that it was intentionally absent that nwa.com was not listed. Apparently US bank was right when they said you get more points at more places on travel with Visa.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
An earlier post said this was due to expire last week. I just used it, one for business in my name and one personal for my wife.

http://www.nwa.com/features/smcclead...EX30K_HPLead_2

30k miles, plus two passes
Old Jun 24, 2009, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got a 40,000 miles offer that I passed on -- don't remember the exact terms but it required a high spend to get the additional set of bonus miles.

Well, a couple of days ago, I got a new, better, offer with an expiration date of 14 July 2009. It gives me 25,000 miles + 15,000 more miles after spending $1,000 in three months. I can do that spend easily. Plus, in the original offer, I got a companion ticket, whereas in this offer I got 2 SkyClub day passes, which I view as slightly more valuable, despite the fact that I do not drink. So I bit.

I do not know yet whether I have been approved, or for what credit limit. I have a Hilton credit card and a Fidelity Gold debit card. I applied online.

I have no plans to keep the card after the first year since I find Hilton points to be more valuable to me than SkyMiles. The only reason why I might consider keeping it would be so that I could access PayByMiles, but I doubt that feature is worth spending $95 per year to have.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 7:59 pm

deleted

Last edited by jgates8; Jun 25, 2009 at 8:14 pm
Old Jun 26, 2009, 9:02 am

Programs: DL PE, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, UA Prem, PC Plat
Received this improved offer (25K +15K + 2 SC passeS) as well -- three minutes after receiving a reminder about the original offer to my SM account

Originally Posted by amanuensis
I got a 40,000 miles offer that I passed on -- don't remember the exact terms but it required a high spend to get the additional set of bonus miles.

Well, a couple of days ago, I got a new, better, offer with an expiration date of 14 July 2009. It gives me 25,000 miles + 15,000 more miles after spending $1,000 in three months. I can do that spend easily. Plus, in the original offer, I got a companion ticket, whereas in this offer I got 2 SkyClub day passes, which I view as slightly more valuable, despite the fact that I do not drink. So I bit.

I do not know yet whether I have been approved, or for what credit limit. I have a Hilton credit card and a Fidelity Gold debit card. I applied online.

I have no plans to keep the card after the first year since I find Hilton points to be more valuable to me than SkyMiles. The only reason why I might consider keeping it would be so that I could access PayByMiles, but I doubt that feature is worth spending $95 per year to have.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Has anyone rec'd their "club' passes yet?

Any idea when or how they get shipped out?
Old Jun 30, 2009, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere

The T & Cs of my offer stated this in regards to the passes "Please allow 8 to 12 weeks after approval of a Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card submitted on this application for passes to arrive."

I applied about a month ago, and so will anticipate mine in a month or two. Hopefully before an upcoming trip of mine though!
Old Jun 30, 2009, 9:53 pm

I asked on the DL board and got no response; maybe there's no way of knowing, but I'll try here.

My hope was built up when the first two parts of the bonus posted right away on issuance of the card and first billing date (bonus included on credit card statement). I reached $1000 in spending before the second billing date, but that bonus didn't post. Would I expect it on the next billing date? Or 8-12 weeks later?
Old Jul 7, 2009, 6:47 am

Has anyone been able to verify whether SkyClub Passes are name specific or if they can be used by someone other than the cardholder?

Last edited by DCAGUY; Jul 7, 2009 at 6:54 am
Old Jul 11, 2009, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere

Originally Posted by DCAGUY
Has anyone been able to verify whether SkyClub Passes are name specific or if they can be used by someone other than the cardholder?
I put in for the card May 1, and received the club passes today, July 11. They expire 8/31/2010.

They have blank spaces for name and SkyMiles #, but say "non-transferable," whatever practical meaning that has.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1+MM / HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by rove312
I put in for the card May 1, and received the club passes today, July 11. They expire 8/31/2010.

They have blank spaces for name and SkyMiles #, but say "non-transferable," whatever practical meaning that has.
I submitted my application on Friday, May 29th, and just got my passes in the mail today as well. Exipration is also 8/31/2010. They also have blank spaces for name and SkyMiles #... The letter also said you need to have photo ID to use them... but, without a name on them, unless they track it by the serial number on the back of them, I don't see how they could tell whom you gave them to. Possibly the "non-transferable" means, you're not allowed to sell them.

Did anyone catch the lingo where you can apply the $50 on the pass towards the purchase of an annual membership? Now, the question is, can you just claim one, or can you claim all 4 at $50 each for $200 off. I'm not looking towards membership, but I thought it would be of note to mention it for those who might be looking for a SkyClubs membership.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
I thought I might finally apply for this (and keep for the first year at least) when the double miles promo came out. But it seems my 40k bonus offer has expired already and they don't tell you how many bonus miles you'll get for applying.

I do have an active offer for 30k bonus but from Delta only. Do both the NW and DL marketed offers work with the double miles promo if one is still earning through Worldperks?

There's no phone number or email I can find to ask these questions of the Amex marketing folks.

Debating whether to hold out for another 40k offer (they only offer one lifetime bonus for these devalued sky/wp miles, right?) or just forget about it, as I am a lot less enthusiastic about earning wp miles than I used to be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.