Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL Gold SkyMiles AMEX Credit Card Offer E-mail 5/1/09 [35-50k + SkyClub Passes]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL Gold SkyMiles AMEX Credit Card Offer E-mail 5/1/09 [35-50k + SkyClub Passes]

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2009, 3:55 pm

When I go to the website I see too apply buttons. 1 for person, one for business. If I'm reading that correctly does that mean I can double up the offer for each?

Beyond that I do have concerns about Amex and their financial reviews when you have too many lines open with them.
Old May 1, 2009, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
My wife and I both got the 25K on first use + 15k after 1k in spending in 3 months + 2 passes. She dropped the WP visa last year and never had status. I was gold last year but dropped to unwashed masses (changed jobs) and probably average 200/month on the WP visa.
Old May 1, 2009, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA, WN & many Hotels... avoids UA like the plague!
I looked at the gold amex offer, however already have the DL Gold Amex card from a couple of months ago, and with just under $10K already on it, upgraded the gold card to DL Reserve Card today instead. Instead of 4 club passes, get many more plus MQMs, etc...
Old May 1, 2009, 4:36 pm

Programs: 1MM UA
One condition is If you already have or had any other Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express Account(s), you are eligible to receive only the incremental difference between the Welcome Bonus miles offered herein and the amount offered with such other Account(s).

I had a Delta card for a year several years ago. I don't remember if it was American Express or not. Does anyone know any way to find out?
Old May 1, 2009, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by sosafan
I had a Delta card for a year several years ago. I don't remember if it was American Express or not. Does anyone know any way to find out?
Pull your credit report.
Old May 2, 2009, 7:59 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SWA CP
Originally Posted by motytrah
When I go to the website I see too apply buttons. 1 for person, one for business. If I'm reading that correctly does that mean I can double up the offer for each?

Beyond that I do have concerns about Amex and their financial reviews when you have too many lines open with them.
I used the link to apply for my "special offer" for the business card. I was also going to apply for a personal card, but when I went back to the link it popped up a message that I had already used the offer with no option to use it again (for a personal card). Seems strange since I had both the personal and business NW/USBank cards.
Old May 2, 2009, 11:10 am

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
2 Card Limit?

I've seen discussions elsewhere on FT that indicate that AMEX is limiting individuals to 2 personal cards (with a grandfathering provision for those who previously had more). For those of us already with 2 AMEX personal cards, I wonder whether we can even take advantage of this offer.
Old May 2, 2009, 1:27 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
I've seen discussions elsewhere on FT that indicate that AMEX is limiting individuals to 2 personal cards (with a grandfathering provision for those who previously had more).
By any chance, can you post a link to the thread?
Old May 2, 2009, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Here's one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ard-limit.html
Old May 2, 2009, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Originally Posted by motytrah

They'll pull your credit reports and could give you the deadbeat treatment with limit cuts and the like based on ratios even if you've never been late with a payment anywhere in your life. Not a good way to treat customers who haven't done anything "wrong."

On his radio show on Friday, Clark Howard noted that CREDIT CARD COMPANIES ARE TRYING TO EXEMPT "BUSINESS" CARDS FROM THE NEW CONSUMER PROTECTIONS. In other words, you could still get arbitrary rate increases, fee gouges and other abusive practices with those. You can still charge business expenses to personal cards (if feasible) and get more protections.
Old May 2, 2009, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Re: OP. I got the 50K + 4 club passes offer. I could theoretically do the 40K, but they want too much of a spend for the 50K (can't charge that much on business expenses).
Old May 2, 2009, 8:53 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
Thanks. Read the thread. Sounds anecdotal, with a number of posts indicating the contrary.
Old May 3, 2009, 5:51 pm

Well I got the (35,000 mile offer) 25,000 miles + 10,000 after $1,000 3 month spend, while my wife got (40,000 mile offer) 25,000 miles + 15,000 after $1,000 3 month spend and companion ticket offer. I always used my NW Visa more than her, and also make a little more money than her....so I see no rhyme or reason why she would get a better offer. Neither of us have any status.
If I click on her offer link, it takes me to a page that says "Hello Adriana", so it apparently knows who is supposed to be applying for the offer. After loading the application and looking it over, while I can fill in my own info, there is no place to input the skymiles number on the first page, so I'm a little worried what would happen if I applied and got a card with her skymiles number on it....
For anyone who has completed that application....did the link recognize you by name, and did it ask for your skymiles number on a following page, or already know it (the offer e-mail contains her skymiles number on it)????
EDIT(correction: The e-mail has her Worldperks number on it}.

Thanks,
Roqdawg

Last edited by roqdawg; May 4, 2009 at 3:29 am
Old May 3, 2009, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by roqdawg
If I click on her offer link, it take me to a page that says "Hello Adriana", so it apparently knows who is supposed to be applying for the offer. After loading the application and looking it over, while I can fill ijn my own info, there is no place to input the skymiles number on the first page, so I'm a little worried what would happen if I applied and got a card with her skymiles number on it......
The name thing MIGHT be because of a cookie or someting on your system. When I put in a different number it still had the original persons name on the welcome page. I then went in again using IE instead of Firefox and it did not do that.
Old May 4, 2009, 4:16 am

I was able to successfully apply through my wife's better offer (kept PDF files of the application page with bonus details). The Skymiles number is input on a drop down line further down the first page so I didn't catch it at first.

I cleaned out the computer's cookies and followed the e-mail link and got the "Log in for your special offer" screen. Interestly, when I logged in with my own info, I got an offer that was worse than the one they e-mailed me...so I logged in with her info for the better offer, and filled out the application with my own info....seems to have worked fine.

Roqdawg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.