Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL Gold SkyMiles AMEX Credit Card Offer E-mail 5/1/09 [35-50k + SkyClub Passes]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2009, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Dueling, Uncoordinated Card Offers

Got these two emails within 12 hours of each other. They are for the exact same card. Bear I mind I have the lowly, no-fee, $2 = 1m USB Visa and have barely used it in the past six months or so. From the bank's POV, you could not be lower on the totem pole than me.

From NW: "Your Amazing Offer Has Arrived"

for "the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express"

** 25k miles after first purchase
** 15k bonus for spending $1,000 in 90 days
** 2 Delta Sky Club day passes

From DL: "Earn Up to 25,000 Miles - Enough for an Award Ticket"

for the "Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card"

** 20k miles after first purchase
** 5k bonus for adding two additional cardmembers to account

The Delta offer is completely devoid of American Express branding, except for a tiny, illegible blue square on a .jpg of a gold card. The Amex brand might as well be "Swine Flu" for all the magnetism DL obviously thinks it has.
Old May 1, 2009, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by BearX220
Got these two emails within 12 hours of each other. They are for the exact same card. Bear I mind I have the lowly, no-fee, $2 = 1m USB Visa and have barely used it in the past six months or so. From the bank's POV, you could not be lower on the totem pole than me.

From NW: "Your Amazing Offer Has Arrived"

for "the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express"

** 25k miles after first purchase
** 15k bonus for spending $1,000 in 90 days
** 2 Delta Sky Club day passes

From DL: "Earn Up to 25,000 Miles - Enough for an Award Ticket"

for the "Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card"

** 20k miles after first purchase
** 5k bonus for adding two additional cardmembers to account

The Delta offer is completely devoid of American Express branding, except for a tiny, illegible blue square on a .jpg of a gold card. The Amex brand might as well be "Swine Flu" for all the magnetism DL obviously thinks it has.
I am a current USB WP Visa Signature cardhoder, and I also received both of these offers this morning. Only difference is mine had a coach companion pass instead of the SkyClub passes.

I have been looking to see if there are any sweetened deals on the Reserve card, but have been unsuccessful.
Old May 1, 2009, 11:18 am

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum

Can someone use someone elses URL to get the different offer?
The URLs do not seem member specific and don;t prefill in ones name etc.
I got the 50K offer plus companion ticket. I would prefer the 50K offer + SkyLounge passes
Old May 1, 2009, 11:26 am

I am not a SkyClub member nor do I spend much (about $150 a month) on my WP signature visa. I received the 40K + companion ticket.

I do not fly very much at all, but when I do I like it to be free. In fact since I opened my WP account I have not flown with them. I have only done promos for miles.

Not sure how this works out for peoples theories.
Old May 1, 2009, 11:55 am

25K + 15K, + 2 Passes. I'm not calling it Amazing since Amex regularly sends my 50K MR offers (after $100 spend). That X-fers to DL between 50K and 60K depending promo.

Since it's sans EQM I really don't see the point.
Old May 1, 2009, 11:57 am

I have an offer for 100,000 Bonus Miles plus 2 free day passes to Sky Club. It only looks to work for the business card right now. But, there is a personal link which makes me think there will be a similar personal card.

50,000 bonus miles after first purchase
50,000 additional bonus miles after $10,000 in purchases in 6 months.
Old May 1, 2009, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1+MM / HH Lifetime Diamond
Since it's sans EQM I really don't see the point.
Ditto. I'll say this again... is anyone over at Delta paying attention?
Old May 1, 2009, 12:17 pm

I got the 25K +15K +2 Sky Club passes offer. I cancelled my USB card in November, when they wouldn't waive the fee; I'm not sure if NW was aware of that.
Old May 1, 2009, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by anbhc
Can someone use someone elses URL to get the different offer?
The URLs do not seem member specific and don;t prefill in ones name etc.
I got the 50K offer plus companion ticket. I would prefer the 50K offer + SkyLounge passes
The url doesn't matter because you have to log-in with your WorldPerks# and Last name to sign up.
Old May 1, 2009, 2:05 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Exec. Plat., HHonors Gold, Marriot Silver, Hertz Pres. Circle, Starwood Gold, etc.
Would you mind posting the link for this offer? I'd actually consider getting the card for 100K but they only offered me 50K plus 4 day passes.

Originally Posted by nohbdy
I have an offer for 100,000 Bonus Miles plus 2 free day passes to Sky Club. It only looks to work for the business card right now. But, there is a personal link which makes me think there will be a similar personal card.

50,000 bonus miles after first purchase
50,000 additional bonus miles after $10,000 in purchases in 6 months.
Old May 1, 2009, 2:11 pm

Interesting, I didn't hear boo about my business card. I wonder what triggers what.
Old May 1, 2009, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by cgchu
Would you mind posting the link for this offer? I'd actually consider getting the card for 100K but they only offered me 50K plus 4 day passes.
The offer appears to be by e-mail invitation only, based on your WP account and spending habits from the USB card. It's reasonable to assume that NW has access to this information based on the history of USBank Visa miles that have been deposited into your WP account over a period of time.

Perhaps they will also do a direct mailing with the offer as well.
Old May 1, 2009, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Just logged on to check my offer. I have WP Visa, and Delta Silver status. 25k now and 15k after some spending.

Then tried wife's number to see her offer and got nothing. She has a WP Visa, but no status.

At this site: https://www.deltaamexcard.com/

Emails did come for son and gram, neither have any Amex or Delta cards, or any status. Offer of 20k each, 5k for add on members.

I would like to try one of those offers with either more miles and/or the club passes.
Old May 1, 2009, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Just found this on the NW website, good for anyone it looks like. Especially if you might redeem a ticket by 8/24/09

"You can earn up to 50,000 bonus miles - more than enough for two round trip Award Tickets.1 You can earn 25,000 bonus miles with your first purchase.2 Use the Pay with Miles feature on Delta.com to redeem for any Delta or Northwest flight by 8/24/09 and we’ll refill your account with the miles you used - up to 25,000 miles!3 Plus, pay no annual fee for the first year - a savings of $95."

http://www.nwa.com/features/smcclead...kyMilesAMEX50K
Old May 1, 2009, 3:30 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hertz Plat
Got the 25K miles after first purchase and 25K after $10K in spend in first 6 months, plus companion pass offer. I am a NW Silver Elite, no SkyClub, no USB NWA Visa. I would love to get some passes and EQMs with a card. If that were in the offer i would probably bite, even for lesser bonus miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.