Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL Gold SkyMiles AMEX Credit Card Offer E-mail 5/1/09 [35-50k + SkyClub Passes]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL Gold SkyMiles AMEX Credit Card Offer E-mail 5/1/09 [35-50k + SkyClub Passes]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2009, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
mnredfox:

I think you are missing my point. For every person that you identify who has already received 25k miles and thinks that they are going to get their next 15k miles soon, I can point out numerous people who have only gotten an arbitrary 15k miles and have no idea when their remaining 25k will post.

Based on the cumulative experience documented in this thread, I believe it is a stretch to draw the conclusion that any additional owed bonuses "will be coming soon."
Ok fair enough. I guess my assumption (and maybe incorrect) is that I feel better being in the same boat. Not that there is an inherent safety in numbers (though I marginally feel better that maybe this isn't a fluke just for me), but that I won't be the only angry one calling Amex if the next 15K doesn't post.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by robbert
OK, now that we've all converted to the DL Skymiles AmEx we are being punished for booking on NWA.COM. As far as I can tell, the double miles for DL purchases only count on DL.COM.

Best-in-class!
Is this the case? I noticed this past month that none of my NW or DL purchases on AMEX showed double miles. I have not read anything that says it's limited to dl.com. I was going to call AMEX...but first does anyone hear know anything else?

If it's not double miles when booking on nwa.com - then I'm going to revert back to using my US Bank Visa and get double miles.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 3:24 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Ok fair enough. I guess my assumption (and maybe incorrect) is that I feel better being in the same boat. Not that there is an inherent safety in numbers (though I marginally feel better that maybe this isn't a fluke just for me), but that I won't be the only angry one calling Amex if the next 15K doesn't post.
the T&C of my offer state: 2. 25,000 bonus miles will be awarded after your first purchase on the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card in the increments of 10,000 as a Welcome Bonus and 15,000 for this special offer. Please allow 8 to 12 weeks after your first purchase for the bonus miles to appear in your Delta SkyMiles account.

My first statement from a few days ago shows 15,000 "Welcome Bonus" miles and I haven't got the other 10k yet - hopefully they've just reversed their terminology and I'll get the 10k as my "Special Offer" miles. And I haven't spent the $1000 yet, so hopefully I'll get another 15k for that.

I did get Delta Amex bonus miles in the past, but it was many years ago, so I'm hoping that's dropped off their radar.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 6:12 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by n7371f
If it's not double miles when booking on nwa.com - then I'm going to revert back to using my US Bank Visa and get double miles.
Your US Bank Visa still gives miles at all?
Old Jul 24, 2009, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by LLM
Your US Bank Visa still gives miles at all?
Yep. If airline tickets are my highest purchase each month over gas and groceries, I get double miles. I'm talking about the FlexPerk Travel card - the replacement for WorldPerks Signature Visa.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 9:50 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by n7371f
Yep. If airline tickets are my highest purchase each month over gas and groceries, I get double miles. I'm talking about the FlexPerk Travel card - the replacement for WorldPerks Signature Visa.
Don't you mean double Flex Points?
Old Jul 25, 2009, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by huge
the T&C of my offer state: 2. 25,000 bonus miles will be awarded after your first purchase on the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card in the increments of 10,000 as a Welcome Bonus and 15,000 for this special offer. Please allow 8 to 12 weeks after your first purchase for the bonus miles to appear in your Delta SkyMiles account.

My first statement from a few days ago shows 15,000 "Welcome Bonus" miles and I haven't got the other 10k yet - hopefully they've just reversed their terminology and I'll get the 10k as my "Special Offer" miles. And I haven't spent the $1000 yet, so hopefully I'll get another 15k for that.

I did get Delta Amex bonus miles in the past, but it was many years ago, so I'm hoping that's dropped off their radar.
I suppose I should read my T&C. Still waiting on my last 15K.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 3:21 pm

I have my third Amex statement, with just 1 mile/$, not the final bonus, posting. With the wording about that bonus:
Miles will be credited to your account 8 to 12 weeks after you reach the spend threshold.
Does the process really start when one reaches the spend threshold, I wonder? Some people had the card in hand from this offer in the first week of May, and could have spent $1000 the first day they had it, and we're getting to the 12 weeks. I wonder if some sweep will be done shortly to see who's reached that threshold.

I've been hoping to take a TATL award trip in early September; I've known not to count on it, but it's been frustrating to be so close. Without the bonus, once I get DL's Pile on the Miles bonus, I could just buy 2000 miles, but the promised date for Pile-On would be in September. The thought also comes to mind to buy a $75 gift card from a participating restaurant by Wednesday (10 miles/$ with the Mon-Wed bonus, and making the July postings), saving me from buying miles, but I'd better not do it when I don't know when the Pile-Ons will post.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 1:11 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, others including Amtrak Guest Rewards
As a follow-up regarding my 25K+15K+2 Delta passes: After receiving the initial 15000 miles on 7/19, I also received 10000 miles on 7/23 'gold first use'. And have also recv'd my 2 passes in the mail (expire 8/31/2010, 'non-transferrable' although no name on them). All that is remaining is the 15000 after spending $1,000...
Old Jul 31, 2009, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My two lounge passes also came in today, which is timely, since I am flying to Boston on Sunday. I guess I will use one to see whether there is anything in lounge access compelling enough to get me (a total non-drinker of alcoholic beverages) to consider paying for it.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 3:21 pm

The final part of my bonus posted today, Aug. 7. I think it's coincidental that it's the day after I transferred all my NW miles to DL. I may transfer them back to NW in the hope of finding a better award. I'm over 60K, and pending bonuses on the DL side would take me over 75K, hoping for a TATL award for summer 2010 after giving up on one for this year.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by rove312
The final part of my bonus posted today, Aug. 7. I think it's coincidental that it's the day after I transferred all my NW miles to DL. I may transfer them back to NW in the hope of finding a better award. I'm over 60K, and pending bonuses on the DL side would take me over 75K, hoping for a TATL award for summer 2010 after giving up on one for this year.
Still waiting for 15K for me. Though my two passes came in the mail.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 3:10 pm

Still waiting on the 15K, anyone else?
Old Aug 12, 2009, 4:57 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Still waiting on the 15K, anyone else?
Yes, but my son and father who got their cards earlier have theirs so mine should be along when my statement closes.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA 1P (w/ no expectations whatsoever); Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Pres
I've spent well over $7k in less than 90 days. Waiting on my 15k bonus too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.