FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL Gold SkyMiles AMEX Credit Card Offer E-mail 5/1/09 [35-50k + SkyClub Passes]
Old Apr 30, 2009, 4:42 pm
MikeMpls
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by syrwhizzy
"This will be one of the best offers ever"

I like the sound of that.

However, I want to get an AMEX now. I'm waisting valuable time as far as earning EQM's for 2009, and things like that make me want to sit on the fence and wait to see if the offer is better than what they have now.

So, do I act now and potentially miss out on the "best offer ever" in the next two weeks... or do I get a card now to make sure I keep earning miles and EQMs, only to be screwed out of whatever make-good Delta might offer with "the best offer ever"

They should just have announced what the best offer is. They're making this disaster even more dificult to deal with because they're not telling us NOW what to do. What the heck?
I believe you can apply for subsequent offers but your bonus miles will be limited to the incremental mileage over what you have already received for your previous AMEX application(s).