FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL Gold SkyMiles AMEX Credit Card Offer E-mail 5/1/09 [35-50k + SkyClub Passes]
Old Apr 30, 2009, 3:06 pm
newsmanhoss

Originally Posted by syrwhizzy
"This will be one of the best offers ever"

I like the sound of that.

However, I want to get an AMEX now. I'm waisting valuable time as far as earning EQM's for 2009, and things like that make me want to sit on the fence and wait to see if the offer is better than what they have now.

So, do I act now and potentially miss out on the "best offer ever" in the next two weeks... or do I get a card now to make sure I keep earning miles and EQMs, only to be screwed out of whatever make-good Delta might offer with "the best offer ever"

They should just have announced what the best offer is. They're making this disaster even more dificult to deal with because they're not telling us NOW what to do. What the heck?
I agree. If they want to get new customers, they should come out with their offer now to prevent people from migrating elsewhere.

Having said that, I will stick with USB for the short term and see what comes out of this. There's a chance we might be able to keep accruing the WP miles until 8/22.