Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBJoel
This information is expert advice on where to look and how to save on Alamo rental rates.
  • Some coupon codes are stackable with a Contract ID.
  • AutoSlash is one website for getting quotes on rentals and tracking price drops.
  • Government Employees can use the code "GOVBIZ" for a discount
  • Memberships in certain organizations can receive reduced rates:
    • CostCo
    • BJ's
    • AARP
    • LATAM
Print Wikipost

Alamo Discount Codes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2012, 1:13 pm

new to this forum - need discount code

Hi... I'm trying to get a discount code for renting a minivan. Can someone help please?
Old Jul 31, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by roadtrippin
Hi... I'm trying to get a discount code for renting a minivan. Can someone help please?
Try this...
http://www.carrentalsavers.com/index.html
Old Aug 1, 2012, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by twospirits
Even though I've used the codes before, I am still making a separate booking with Costco ID and that AA coupon just in case.TS

If you end up using the T code do you cancel the Costco reservation or just let it die on it's own?

Moe
Old Aug 4, 2012, 1:30 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by mopee3
If you end up using the T code do you cancel the Costco reservation or just let it die on it's own?

Moe
If you are using it as a "backup", you need to keep it at least until you check in with the T code. Then there's no sense in doing anything but a "no-show" for the backup reservation/s. Just be sure that NONE of the reservations have any penalty for a "no-show"!
Old Aug 4, 2012, 9:25 pm

Programs: US Gold • SPG Gold
My T-Code reservation still sticks - even while modifying / sabotaging it (stacking coupons, etc.). 1-week 1-way along the east coast w/ intermediate SUV $187 (which is actually lower than the $189 subtotal).

Made this reservation in mid-June for the end of August. I have not been able to replicate that sweet of a deal w/ both exact same itinerary or different pick-up / drop-off locations. For some reason, a $99 drop fee's getting added with a new reservation so I'm gonna stop tinkering and enjoy what I got. Fingers crossed!
Old Aug 5, 2012, 9:41 pm

Would someone be kind enough to PM the newer code? Not the T1, TI1, TIND1 or TINDR1. I did read through the last 20 pages but it's been removed. I also tried a lot of Googling and instead found the original Alamo .de websites with the TIND1 and other:
http://alamogames.de/travelindustry/isic_eng.htm
http://www.alamo-affiliate.de/isic/isic_eng.htm
Old Aug 6, 2012, 1:07 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by fallout
Would someone be kind enough to PM the newer code? Not the T1, TI1, TIND1 or TINDR1. I did read through the last 20 pages but it's been removed. I also tried a lot of Googling and instead found the original Alamo .de websites with the TIND1 and other:
http://alamogames.de/travelindustry/isic_eng.htm
http://www.alamo-affiliate.de/isic/isic_eng.htm
Did you try the codes you just named?
Old Aug 7, 2012, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by jgxtrav1
If you are using it as a "backup", you need to keep it at least until you check in with the T code. Then there's no sense in doing anything but a "no-show" for the backup reservation/s. Just be sure that NONE of the reservations have any penalty for a "no-show"!
Thanks, that's what I needed to know.

Mopee
Old Aug 14, 2012, 8:26 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
I used TINDR1 code and got 35% off my two week rental at PDX.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:27 am

Programs: UA Premier Exec
Originally Posted by neonico3500
Yes I'm new here, and so?
I just discovered this forum a couple of days ago for the preparation of my trip, sorry to not get x thousands message yet...
I'm just asking for a little kindness and to participate to the community
Okay, first off, Welcome to the FlyerTalk, now as for the issue at hand, you have to look at it from the point of those that have been here a long time (regardless of post count or not), seeing someone come in and asking for something right off the bat without trying to find the info (which is available) then the old timers most likely will get upset, not help or worse flame you.

As for the code itself and it hogging up the thread, well that's life. A discount/code/coupon as popular as the one in question will naturally hog up most of the postings in any given thread. Its up to the members to either report it to the staff if it gets out of hand or to remind the posters of the rules (both official and unofficial) and to try to search for the info. There are some that are willing to go through each and every post in long threads (like myself) and either get what is going on or not. For those that have search and still don't get it, then most likely some will bend the rules and help out by either private message or in the thread as long as it doesn't deprive anyone's enjoyment.

Last edited by l etoile; Aug 15, 2012 at 11:19 am Reason: off-topic comments removed
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:53 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Thank you twospirits.

I have just gone through and removed several posts from this thread for a variety of reasons. There were pages of posts asking to have a code PM'd. This thread is for the posting of codes. It is not for people to wade through pages of requests. Please feel free to PM a poster if you think they have information you want, but this is not a place to ask people to PM you code information.

Also, this is not a place to complain about the thread or to given suggestions for different forums. Please direct suggestions for different forums in the TalkBoard forum. If you have complaints about the posts in the thread, please use the triangle button on the bottom left to report a post.

Thank you.
l'etoile
senior moderator
Old Aug 15, 2012, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA Premier Exec
@ l'etoile
Your welcome. Anytime

@Neo
I can't reply to you via pm unless you set up your settings to receive pms and or you make a post in the forums. I guess the system doesn't allow pms when the post count is small.

TS
Old Aug 17, 2012, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by onthego15
I used TINDR1 code and got 35% off my two week rental at PDX.
TIND1 code yielded great discount for weekly rental of midsize SUV in St Louis. TINDR1 added only about $2 but included free extra driver.

Without any codes rental would have been $330 plus taxes & fees for $408. With TINDR1 and AD2359FDF ($35 coupon), total rental will be $166.^

Thanks for the codes everyone!
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:36 am

Alamo Rental in LAS

Thanks to this forum I was able to secure a great rate on a full size suv from alamo for a week rental at LAS....and I was wondering if someone who has used the alamo code tind1 can confirm if the gas is included in the rental? It states upfront fuel included in the confirmation email but I'm not sure if there are any additional fees associated with that. Also does anyone know what types of Full Size SUVS Alamao usually stocks in LAS?

Thanks for your help!!
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by flyertalkAL
TIND1 code yielded great discount for weekly rental of midsize SUV in St Louis. TINDR1 added only about $2 but included free extra driver.
Thanks for the codes everyone!
For all you that need a alternative to the aforementioned codes I booked a standard size Ford for $20 cheaper than I have with the "codes" though Enterprise yesterday. I used Car Savers and then checked with Enterprise and the Car Savers site was about $10 cheaper for same car, place and time frame, however doesn't include paid fuel and other perks.

The reservation is for 12 days in Disney world, the eastern seaboard, and I am one of those Disney people. However I don't chose to spread codes around nor ask rental companies if they will work, that's really stupid. I have taken advice given here, it is always appreciated, and has been very helpful. But I typically have a backup code, so if you are the nervous Nelly type don't use them or have a back up.

Luck! Oh wait, there is no such thing nor accidents!

Moe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.