Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2012, 1:22 am

I want to know if Silver members can enjoy lounge services for airports out of Doha? If yes, does that mean lounge services will also be provided when the member partner airlines such as ANA?

Also, is the tier bonus also applicable on partner airlines when achieving Silver/Gold?
Old Dec 23, 2012, 4:28 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Andy49
I will be taking my first flight with Qatar in January, when I arrive at my destination I will be a Burgundy member. My question is will I be able to use the extra 10kg luggage allowance for my return journey or will I have problems when I check in my cases?
Yes you will. I had the exact same situation and they credited flights and upgraded my account the same day as I arrived at destination. No need for the physical card either, they recognized burgundy and luggage allowance from their system.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:42 pm

Programs: LX, BA, SQ, MH
Has anybody had experience on getting your US Air Dividend miles number to a QR booking? I tried doing it online but was not able to and I e-mailed QR but have not received a reply from them.
I guess my last resort would be at check-in but prefer to do it before in case the check-in agent is not familiar with the procedure that US Air Dividend miles can be earned when flying QR.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 1:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone have any information on how to reach someone in upper customer service to deal with an issue that I had on 2 flights? I had not one, but 2 broken seats on 2 different flights both in business class. I have contacted "tell us" twice and have been ignored and now need to escalate the issue. This is extremely unacceptable and unprofessional from what is supposed to be a 5 star airline.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 5:08 pm

Programs: Privilege Club
Originally Posted by SEA777GUY
Does anyone have any information on how to reach someone in upper customer service to deal with an issue that I had on 2 flights? I had not one, but 2 broken seats on 2 different flights both in business class. I have contacted "tell us" twice and have been ignored and now need to escalate the issue. This is extremely unacceptable and unprofessional from what is supposed to be a 5 star airline.

hi Sea777guy,

I have sent the private message requesting further information.

Best regards,
Alex @ The Qatar Airways Community.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 10:16 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
Hi,

I have some question on which product to choose either EK or QR (Economy) from KUL-CAI :

As EK :
KUL-DXB on 777, DXB-CAI on 777 and return CAI-DXB on 777, DXB-KUL on A380

or

QR :
KUL-DOH on A330-300, DOH-CAI on A321 and return CAI-DOH on A330-200, DOH-KUL on A330-200

With different for about USD80, the price is not important anymore as I look the best product in term on seat(economy), meals and ICE. Which airlines I should go?

Thanks.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 10:26 pm

I recently flew the KUL-DOH leg and I think I recall the ice boxes under some seats. Have you considered the connecting airport as DXB is a far better airport to connect through than DOH in my opinion.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 12:37 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
I recently flew the KUL-DOH leg and I think I recall the ice boxes under some seats. Have you considered the connecting airport as DXB is a far better airport to connect through than DOH in my opinion.
Thanks for the head up. As new into long haul flight, I never take into consideration about this. Why DXB better than DOH as connection?
Old Jan 5, 2013, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Putra
Thanks for the head up. As new into long haul flight, I never take into consideration about this. Why DXB better than DOH as connection?

DOH you will be bused from the aircraft to the terminal and back. This time of year its not bad since the weather is cool and some people enjoy the novelty of getting bused around.

DXB is a modern airport with 100% better duty free shopping and places to eat. DOH only has the oryx lounge to choose from where I beleive DXB has more lounges to choose from which are also better.

This is just my opinion and some other FT may view DOH as the better airport to connect through.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 10:01 am

ecosemino

I keep encountering "ECOSEMINO" as a fare option when looking at qatar economy tickets, does anybody know what this is? In cost it is between economy fixed and economy flexible, but i can't find any information about it what so ever.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 10:47 pm

Programs: QR PC Silver, FlySmiles, Skywards
Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
DOH you will be bused from the aircraft to the terminal and back. This time of year its not bad since the weather is cool and some people enjoy the novelty of getting bused around.
You also risk being bused from/to the plane in DXB.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 8:10 pm

Programs: QR platinum, HH diamond, Hyatt GP diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by mordieth
I keep encountering "ECOSEMINO" as a fare option when looking at qatar economy tickets, does anybody know what this is? In cost it is between economy fixed and economy flexible, but i can't find any information about it what so ever.
I've recently seen a semi-flexible option in the QR online booking system, I assume that's the one. I didn't check what the T&C were, though.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA; QF; EK; SQ; GA
Will QR ever be reinstating their DOH to LGW route?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by Buttercup38
Will QR ever be reinstating their DOH to LGW route?
I seem to remember this was mentioned for when the B787s deliveries started in earnest.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 2:31 am

Programs: BA; QF; EK; SQ; GA
Originally Posted by ft101
I seem to remember this was mentioned for when the B787s deliveries started in earnest.
Anyone know?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.