Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 4:02 pm

Going to be here around August 28th.... What should I expect off the aisle. Will be there in the evening
Old Aug 18, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Exec. Elite, Marriott Silver, Avis President's
Autoslash - you seem to monitor this forum very well, hopefully you'll see this - I've got an MCO trip late September, made a reservation with National. I'm EE with them, and I do enjoy the Exec Aisle flexibility. I submitted my reservation to Autoslash and already got back some nice lower prices, but through Priceline - if I move my reservation over to that does it wipe out my ability to use the Exec Aisle? Thanks!
Old Aug 18, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National ES, Air Kettle
Picked up at MCO earlier this month on a Wednesday around 2pm. I had a premium reservation, but the premium section was empty. Had lots of luggage so picked an SUV from the executive aisle.

Emerald was full of minivans. Executive had a bunch of midsize and standard SUV's. Among them was a Nissan Pathfinder SL, Dodge Durango GT, 3x Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. I believe I also spotted a Sonata, Impala, Maxima and a Challenger.

I picked one of the GC Limited with only 800 miles. It was nicely equipped with Nav, leather seats (beige), Panoramic sunroof, backup cam, cooled front seats, remote start and premium sound system. Overall great ride.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:50 pm

Was here around 6PM on August 28th on side A and the only thing of note in the executive aisle was an Audi Q5 with the boring 2.0T engine. Rest was a Dodge Charger and the usual fare. Noticed a new Camery and was considering it because I have yet to see one but it had no keys. Took my orginal luxury res and got am infinti Q50 3.0t and love it. Was thinking of looking at the B side but I'm happy with a Q50 3.0t.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Hertz President's Circle, Avis Preferred Plus and IHG Spire Ambassador
Upgraded to Infiniti q50 from EA car for a very reasonable rate. Walked over to Alamo side on A Side and found the car with assistance from an Alamo employee.

Customer service here is very good.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:00 pm

Ended up exchanging the Q50 I had because the trunk was small. First took a QX30 and found it to be worse lol. I went to B side and went to A side. Eventually found a Volvo S90 and wow it's a great car. Yeah it's the T5 but it's but it's not a base model.

Anyways if you wanted a QX70 it was your night. On B side there was like 3 QX70's on the aisle. On A side it was Meh. Bunch of Mini vans and Durango GT. Would of been happy with a Durango since I needed the space but saw the S90 and took it. Have a long trip back to NY and it's so comfortable.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 3:02 pm

Picked up last night (9/22 Friday) at around 5:30. B side

Aisle had a lot of minivans, one QX70 (which I took), one jeep of some type and a few Hyundai sedans. Executive had some camarys, Malibus etc.... nothing exciting.

Not sure why the Infiniti was on the regular aisle, but.....
Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:13 am

How long is the walk from side A to side B? I'm always curious to know what's on the other side but never made the walk.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by kmag320
How long is the walk from side A to side B? I'm always curious to know what's on the other side but never made the walk.
You have to go back up to the ticketing level, cross over and go back down.

Distance wise it's not bad, but considering that at least some of the escalators are closed and some of the elevators don't go all the way to ticketing it's a PIA!

(So sad the airport management has ruined a good airport, but.... apparently keeping escalators and elevators working right is beyond their skill sets!)
Old Sep 27, 2017, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
You have to go back up to the ticketing level, cross over and go back down.

Distance wise it's not bad, but considering that at least some of the escalators are closed and some of the elevators don't go all the way to ticketing it's a PIA!

(So sad the airport management has ruined a good airport, but.... apparently keeping escalators and elevators working right is beyond their skill sets!)

Does one side usually have a better choice than the other? (Do they fill the A side first or is the ES larger on one side?)
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, National EE
Originally Posted by skiteton
Does one side usually have a better choice than the other? (Do they fill the A side first or is the ES larger on one side?)
The B side has more parking stalls for both EA and ES, so the inventory is greater. As for one being better, that's fairly subjective.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by kmag320

It's not that bad but there was also construction going on when I was there.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: National Emerald Aisle
Was there on Sep 13 around 6PM, the day airport reopened after Irma. Airport was pretty much empty and both the exec aisle and the emerald aisle were packed with cars (B side).
Emerald aisle had a couple of Edges (both Titanium), several Dodge Caravans, several mid-size sedans of lower trims (Sonatas, Camry, Malibus, Fusions, Altimas), one red Chevrolet Cruze and one Ford Transit.
Exec Aisle also had a couple of Edges (both Titanium), Toyota Siennas, one Chrysler Pacifica, Fusions of higher trims, 3 or 4 Impalas (one Limited or Special edition - do not recall exactly and the rest were LT), a Ford Escape, a couple of Kia Sorentos, some Santa Fe's and the same Altima trims found in the Emerald Aisle.
Have not checked the availability in the A side.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
Picked up on 9/24. Both Exec and Emerald Aisle were full with a ton to choose from. Exec had 4 Expeditions, a few trucks, a few Fusions. I grabbed a brand new Chrysler 300
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Forget about taking an Alamo car with a National reservation. At MCO, if I have a National reservation can I exit through the "Alamo" exit? Sometimes the lines are completely backed up on Nat side and Alamo is empty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.