Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at OGG

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2016, 9:39 pm

Hello!

It would be great if anyone can give me an advice on my issue.

I am a fresh newbie who signed up the Nationals Emerald Club just today. I used my pharmacy assocication to sign up for it.

I will be arriving on Dec. 22nd 10:00 PM, and I exepect by the time I get on the shuttle and arrive on site, it will be almost the time for them to close (11:00PM is their closing time).

Did anyone had a chance to rent a car at such late as this?

Will there be any cars there? Because it will be dark, I am worried about checking the car detail as I don't want to pay for any damages that I have not caused. Also would people be expecting me to get out asap so they can go home too?

Any word of advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old Dec 14, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: National, Hertz
Originally Posted by awwer12
Hello!

It would be great if anyone can give me an advice on my issue.

I am a fresh newbie who signed up the Nationals Emerald Club just today. I used my pharmacy assocication to sign up for it.

I will be arriving on Dec. 22nd 10:00 PM, and I exepect by the time I get on the shuttle and arrive on site, it will be almost the time for them to close (11:00PM is their closing time).

Did anyone had a chance to rent a car at such late as this?

Will there be any cars there? Because it will be dark, I am worried about checking the car detail as I don't want to pay for any damages that I have not caused. Also would people be expecting me to get out asap so they can go home too?

Any word of advice would be greatly appreciated!
Hello and welcome!

I picked up on a Thursday evening about a month ago. The Aisle and Executive areas are very small, probably 6 spaces each. I picked up at 7 PM and all the spaces were stocked with full size on the Aisle side, mostly premium on the Executive side. The exit booth is VERY well lit and the attendant came out and did a walk around to write down damages. I will tell you it's harder to see them in the actual space, but you can use your phone as a flashlight to see if there's anything you want them to note.

I actually went back the next day at 9:30 PM to exchange for something different, which I did with no hassle. Both times the EA and ES were stocked with sedans but their lot was full. If you ask for something different they may bring one around, but with your arrival time they may just be focused on gong home.

What time is your reservation actually for? As a former airport RAC manager, we typically stayed until the last customers came in if their flight was delayed. My advice is to put your airline and flight number in the reservation so they know when you land. But I would also call the location and verify with them that you'll have no problems with your arrival time.

Hope this helps!
Old Dec 17, 2016, 5:01 am

Smile

Originally Posted by oftech
Hello and welcome!

I picked up on a Thursday evening about a month ago. The Aisle and Executive areas are very small, probably 6 spaces each. I picked up at 7 PM and all the spaces were stocked with full size on the Aisle side, mostly premium on the Executive side. The exit booth is VERY well lit and the attendant came out and did a walk around to write down damages. I will tell you it's harder to see them in the actual space, but you can use your phone as a flashlight to see if there's anything you want them to note.

I actually went back the next day at 9:30 PM to exchange for something different, which I did with no hassle. Both times the EA and ES were stocked with sedans but their lot was full. If you ask for something different they may bring one around, but with your arrival time they may just be focused on gong home.

What time is your reservation actually for? As a former airport RAC manager, we typically stayed until the last customers came in if their flight was delayed. My advice is to put your airline and flight number in the reservation so they know when you land. But I would also call the location and verify with them that you'll have no problems with your arrival time.

Hope this helps!
Wow I am blown away with all these great info you have given me.
I didn't expect this much help. ^^
Thank you so much ^^^

I made a reservation for 10:30PM. I am glad that I also wrote down the plane number just in case anything goes wrong (flight delay, baggage lost, etc).

In case if they have to wait just because I am late, would it be an ok idea to tip the person? I hope this won't offend them.

It is such a huge relief to know what to expect and that there are lots of cars in the aisle. I was really nervous as this is my first trip to Maui as well as first time using the Nationals Car Rental. This whole idea of just walking to the aisle and picking up the car really made me nervous.

Once again thank you so much for the tremendous help! =) ^^
Old Dec 18, 2016, 6:40 pm

Programs: National, Hertz
Originally Posted by awwer12
Wow I am blown away with all these great info you have given me.
I didn't expect this much help. ^^
Thank you so much ^^^

I made a reservation for 10:30PM. I am glad that I also wrote down the plane number just in case anything goes wrong (flight delay, baggage lost, etc).

In case if they have to wait just because I am late, would it be an ok idea to tip the person? I hope this won't offend them.

It is such a huge relief to know what to expect and that there are lots of cars in the aisle. I was really nervous as this is my first trip to Maui as well as first time using the Nationals Car Rental. This whole idea of just walking to the aisle and picking up the car really made me nervous.

Once again thank you so much for the tremendous help! =) ^^
No problem, glad I could help! Tipping is entirely up to you. I worked for a different company, but policy was to turn them down. Enjoy Maui!
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:26 am

I was at OGG Tuesday to pick up my 4 night PCAR rental. On the EA side I didn't see a whole lot, one Compass, an Altima, and a Hyundai. On ES there was a Fusion Hybrid, a brand new 300C, an Impala, and a mustang (which we took). There were a few other cars but nothing that stood out for us. Asked about the 12 Jeep Wranglers taking up half the parking spaces, and they said they were all rented already.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Duane Haas
I was at OGG Tuesday to pick up my 4 night PCAR rental. On the EA side I didn't see a whole lot, one Compass, an Altima, and a Hyundai. On ES there was a Fusion Hybrid, a brand new 300C, an Impala, and a mustang (which we took). There were a few other cars but nothing that stood out for us. Asked about the 12 Jeep Wranglers taking up half the parking spaces, and they said they were all rented already.
Thanks for the update, I'll be at OGG next month. Still unsure if I should use my free days to get a Tahoe or if a cheap midsize reservation is all I need. Does Maui have a lot of 4wd-only dirt roads? By the way, doesn't that suck when you pay for a PCAR, but only needed midsize reservation to get the same thing?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Twixboy
Does Maui have a lot of 4wd-only dirt roads? By the way, doesn't that suck when you pay for a PCAR, but only needed midsize reservation to get the same thing?
Nope. I just drove 500 miles around Maui in the last week (in my Caddy XTS from Avis) and had no issues.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:23 am

I arrived last week to see the last Chrysler 300C pull off the lot. Everything else was crap - Altimas, Malibus, Jeep Compass, etc. so I asked the attendant if he had another 300C, which he gladly pulled up for me.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:35 pm

I'm heading to OGG next week and have a convertible reserved. I'm assuming it'll be a Mustang? Hoping for a Camaro...
Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:38 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by dan9124
I'm heading to OGG next week and have a convertible reserved. I'm assuming it'll be a Mustang? Hoping for a Camaro...
Your assumption will be fulfilled. Your hope, not so much....
Old Apr 29, 2017, 12:00 am

Today at OGG: We are Emerald but the greeter said we could choose from Emerald or Executive. They had four options: Altima SV, Altima SL, Taurus Limited or Impala. We went with the Altima SL. Eight cars total in both lanes and each one was silver.

The greeter asked if we were looking for anything specific, which was nice.
Old May 9, 2017, 1:18 pm

Any updates from people on a PCAR reservation?
I currently hold a PCAR reservation and an FCar reservation. Wondering if it will be worth the additional $30 for the week to keep the PCAR.
Old May 14, 2017, 9:18 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Was at this location a few weeks ago. Arrived at 7:00am on a Tuesday. A few minivans, Impalas, Nissan's, Hyundai's. We took a Chrysler 300 and stopped by around 7:00pm at night and they were kind enough to let us change the car for a Jeep Wrangler Sahara Edition.

Very small lot, therefore very small selection, but really friendly staff at this location.
Old May 29, 2017, 2:11 am

Last night at ES:
Chrysler 300c x3 (got a silver one)
Pacifica x2
F150(?) x2

and pick your color choice:
Fusion SE hybrid
Camry LE
Altima SV
Sonata
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:23 am

Return, ES.
Slightly better choice:
+ 3xLaCrosse
+ Accord
+ CR-V

Got surprised that National has Hondas but it seems normal for Hawaii.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.