Reload this Page >

The Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2003, 8:44 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by WestCoastFlyer:
I have had the same thing happen. My letter from UA was dated 11/15 and indicated that they were comping through 2003. That isn't enough time for me to qualify for 2004. There was no indication about the comp being good in 2004.

If anyone had a similar experience at the end of 2002 I would appreciate it if you would let us know what your experience was.
</font>
Is that not the same treatment that you'd get if you'd qualified by flying with United, and aren't all 2004 cards distributed to all Elite members in the new year? I haven't even received my letter yet, although the MilagePlus website now shows me as Premium Executive.
Old Dec 17, 2003, 12:28 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by anc-ord772:
Can anyone else confirm this?</font>
Not sure about ALL matching, but it has been mentioned on the AA board, by a very relaible source, that AA will discontinue the matching with UA.

I think thye may still match some top tiers on foreign airlines such as BA Gold or similar, but I think for domestic carriers it will no longer be done.
Old Dec 20, 2003, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
Very timely topic as people review options for 2004, looks like the competition is heating up for high volume flyers.
Old Dec 20, 2003, 9:50 am

Location: BKK, formerly Irvine, CA, UA 1-k-MM, Hilton-gold, Gold Starwood
I asked earlier this year about a transfer from UAL to AA and the next thing I knew I was getting offers from their partners. I also recieved a membership.

I asked for none of these, and it took me 6 months to get my membership canceled.

Looks like they'll do almost anything to capture UA 1K members. The dishonesty I encountered with AA will never allow me to join them now.
Old Dec 28, 2003, 3:03 am
Scandalous

Last edited by Scandalous; Nov 16, 2005 at 2:20 am Reason: Deleted by user due to uneasiness with flyertalk censorship policies.

Old Jan 3, 2004, 7:53 pm

Location: hilton diamond, co elite, ua premier, marriott silver
Hey guys reference NWA Status comp. How long has it taken to get a response? I put mine in before XMAS (bad Timing) and have yet to hear a word. Anyone have an email address that might be useful in checking how the process is going?
Old Jan 6, 2004, 4:59 pm

I just got something from American that their qualifying points per mile accounting will change in 2004. The email also says that:

"This more generous point structure means that all AAdvantage elite levels can be attained more quickly. And, the great news is that members who would have earned a higher elite status or retained their current status under the new points qualification guidelines (based on their 2003 flight activity) will be awarded that higher status for the 2004 membership year. Members will receive their credentials at the beginning of the new membership year in March 2004."

Does this mean that if I succeeded in my Gold challenge that I might actually be Platinum (which I would have made under the new qualifying miles system)?
Old Jan 10, 2004, 4:57 pm

I just found GLEFF's ex cellent thread from October answering my question. I apologize for the posting.
Old Jan 10, 2004, 7:23 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JohnG:
Not sure about ALL matching, but it has been mentioned on the AA board, by a very relaible source, that AA will discontinue the matching with UA.

I think thye may still match some top tiers on foreign airlines such as BA Gold or similar, but I think for domestic carriers it will no longer be done.
</font>
My experience follows. YMMV.

11/18: called AAdvantage Gold Customer Service (I was Gold at the time) and asked for a status match from UA Premier Exec. The CSR gave me the requirements for a match (see email reproduced on page 4 of this thread) and the fax number.

11/19: faxed the materials in

12/20: called to see what was going on, as my status had not updated. I was told that the materials had been received and that they were "under review."

1/6: logged into AA.com and saw that my status had updated to Plat!

NOTE: I had shifted essentially all my flying to AA as of the beginning of October, and racked up about 15 segs. between then and the end of the year. Whether this had any effect on the match I have no idea.
Old Jan 11, 2004, 7:10 am

Programs: DL GM, 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHC Spire
Was comped to US CP from DL PM. Sent them documentation showing 63 round trips from PHL to JAN in last 15 months - a route that US also flys. Booked 1Q already on US.
Old Jan 11, 2004, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Reading through all these topics here (it's almost too much information to grasp), it seems like so many people want to switch airlines. I know you can't please all of the people all of the time, but how do people make up their minds on which airlines to switch to? The only airline I can reasonably switch to is US from DL. But with the news that US is selling their gates, commuter airline and hubs, switching to them is a scarey option.
Old Jan 11, 2004, 1:23 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Traveller:
but how do people make up their minds on which airlines to switch to? </font>
I can't say it was any single factor when I moved from top tier at UA to top tier at AA. I looked at routes (in my case, AA flies from 4 nearby airports), fares, partners, and elite benefits, and I knew they would comp based on threads on the AA board (which was the first place I started my research).

Old Jan 12, 2004, 4:41 pm

Location: Here, There and Everywhere (but now on the Pacific)!
Programs: AC E75, MPC G and NEXUS/GE fan, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold, National EE, Amex Plat
I asked for a comp to UA PremEx based on my CO Gold Status.

I submitted my info (covering letter, copy of my card, printout of my CO account) 2 weeks ago.

I checked my MP account late last week, and noticed that my status had been updated from "General Member" to "Premier Executive".

I've already booked 3 flights: YYZ-OGG, YYZ-SAN, YYZ-DEN (trying to avoid AC when possible, which means going through ORD).

FYI, CO's new EQM scheme, as well as a general blase attitude toward customer service when dealing directly with me, has caused me to search for another transborder carrier.

Add in the E+ and *G benefits, and i'll fly them a LOT in the next 12 months.

Of course, i'll still fly CO down the East Coast, because I love those RJ's...

[This message has been edited by kpalle (edited Jan 12, 2004).]
Old Jan 13, 2004, 6:46 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Plat with CO a pice of cake!

Send in HP card waited for 10 days - done!

------------------
Viele Grüße

Oliver
Old Jan 13, 2004, 8:36 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SPN Lifer:
Members of the CO/DL/NW alliance will generally not comp each other's members as part of an anti-poaching policy.</font>
That's right, I tried to jump from CO to NWA Platinum, faxed all the docs,etc., became a Whirrled Perky and got a letter saying they don't "poach".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.